Risks and side effects

IanMoone

Posted

I've been talking with a potential sub that has expressed an interest in chlorinated catsuits. She is inexperienced in this world and I started my investigation on the different types of rubber dolls, the motivation behind the kink, etc.

What kinds of risks or side effects should I be concerned about?

Posted
There are Many different types of rubber dolls. I always found chlorinated latex not worth buying. It doesn't stretch or feel like regular latex and rips easily. A good quality latex will last years, and having it made to measure will give the best overall look and feel.
Posted
The only thing to look out for is allergy.
Posted (edited)

From what I understand, there are varying thicknesses of latex. .25mm and under is like wearing a second skin and has more of a potential to tear. Anything .34 - 4mm is more like wearing cloth clothing and therefore a good compromise between being skin-tight and durable. 

I believe purchasing seperate garments and piecing a suit together to see how it fits her and how she's able to move in it will be more educational than splurging directly on a suit that, as you said, could tear.

I'm sending her to a tailor to get her measurements (U-bend included) 

This message didn't go where I wanted it to.  Ah well, I'll know for next time.

Edited by IanMoone
My 1st time replying on this site. I thought the system would automatically set my response under the message I quoted.
Posted
Chlorinated latex has under gone a surface treatment. It’s very marginal in how it affects the stretch of the fabric. I have regular and chlorinated pieces. Chlorinated is much easier to put on, as its surface is smoother. Catalyst latex can send you free samples of the chlorinated latex (little square patches) if you ask them.

Be prepared for your sub to be hot, sweaty etc… as latex doesn’t breathe so the sweat doesn’t evaporate to cool you down. Can be solved by hydration and a spray bottle with water in to spray on the surface of the latex, as this will cool them down.

Be careful of allergies and test a patch on the skin first.

Start with smaller pieces so the sub gets used to the feeling. Sticking and long gloves are ideal. Then you can work up to catsuits.

Be careful when taking off latex, especially if in a hurry to release a sub, as that’s when it’s warm and seams are most likely to be damaged or the material will tear.
Posted
1 hour ago, rubberduck57 said:

Chlorinated is much easier to put on, as its surface is smoother. Catalyst latex can send you free samples of the chlorinated latex (little square patches) if you ask them.

Be careful when taking off latex, especially if in a hurry to release a sub, as that’s when it’s warm and seams are most likely to be damaged or the material will tear.

I've heard of Catalyst on other platforms as well but didn't know they sent samples. Thank you for your insight. 

Posted

latex allergy is the main thing to watch for - but - a lot of people get chlorinated because of this

but yeah, latex is generally fine - it just does get a little warm and uncomfortable under there

it may be worth for the first time just wearing something like a latex top or bottom to get used to it a little.

Also of course of where is this being worn, it's a lot of *** for something just for the house - so going to clubs etc, this is where things get really warm etc, so stay hydrated. (water! water!)

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

it may be worth for the first time just wearing something like a latex top or bottom to get used to it a little.

Also of course of where is this being worn, it's a lot of *** for something just for the house - so going to clubs etc, this is where things get really warm etc, so stay hydrated. (water! water!)

We've looked at different garments on Catalyst and Simon-O that should help her get a feel for it which she is excited about.

I'll be sure to have water and some sort of sports drink with electrolytes on hand for when she needs it