favorite slow cooker lasagna recipe?

re****

Posted
just curious if anyone had a lasagna recipe they care to share (hopefully slow cooker). veggie or meat based is a-ok
helpinghand_256
Posted
I'll often just make a standard bolognese sauce in the slow cooker, then bake it with the lasagne sheets and some cheese on top in the oven
Posted
6 minutes ago, helpinghand_256 said:

I'll often just make a standard bolognese sauce in the slow cooker, then bake it with the lasagne sheets and some cheese on top in the oven

thats actually  a good idea-  im hunting making things myself...  and it kind of feels weird saying "I cooked spaghetti"  when all i did was heat up premade sauce and and mix it in...

I want to get to the make my own pasta as well, but not quite there yet -

got a good bolognese sauce recipe?  I think the intended lasagna recipe im looking at (baring others) is 10-12 servings, so id just have to adjust to that,.

Posted
Uhm excuse me, this is an S&M community…we only talk about spaghetti & meatballs here. 😤
Posted
4 minutes ago, TallBastard said:

Uhm excuse me, this is an S&M community…we only talk about spaghetti & meatballs here. 😤

so your telling me,   a fine piece of lasagna is plated in front of you, with explicit instructions to "eat it"  and you'd still pass it up? :)

helpinghand_256
Posted
11 minutes ago, renaissance86 said:

thats actually  a good idea-  im hunting making things myself...  and it kind of feels weird saying "I cooked spaghetti"  when all i did was heat up premade sauce and and mix it in...

I want to get to the make my own pasta as well, but not quite there yet -

got a good bolognese sauce recipe?  I think the intended lasagna recipe im looking at (baring others) is 10-12 servings, so id just have to adjust to that,.

I just take the BBC good foods slow cooked bolognese recipe, but I add some cinnamon, paprika, and cumin, as well as some Worcestershire sauce. I'll generally do a bit more onion and garlic too, and I personally enjoy putting some diced green peppers in it. The amount of spices and Worcestershire sauce I put in varies, but if I've put in too much of the sauce I'll add more cinnamon to counterbalance.

Then, considering it's gonna be in lasagne, I'd add a bit of flour or some other thickening agent so it holds its shape. There'll be more flour added when I'm assembling the lasagne, but generally after a bit of flour I put it in the slow cooker, 6-8 hours on high and then leave it to sit for another 8-10. After it's done, turning it into lasagne is simple.