Bored & Lonely

Mr****

Posted
So how do you entertain yourself when you are bored and lonely??
Posted
I call my son. Doing something for myself helps too. Self love is important. I will literally take a bubble bath by myself with candles and add music to my playlists while smoking a joint. Like Patrick Mahomes… I got a ton of bath bombs lol
Posted
Read.
Either an adventure to escape or something i want to leqrn about.

Or go do something.
Take a regular dance lesson, this is great cuz you then meet more folks to go do things with. And yeah, if you can't dance worth shit, well, good thing there are lessons for people exactly like that.
Posted

catch up on music, catch up on youtube, play computer games

spend some time learning something I want to learn.

look at housework that needs to be done.

If lonely, and it ongoing - look at a regular hobby. 

Posted
Perhaps a little trip in to nature. Camping, a hike. Clearing the mind to accept that boredom can be healthy and understanding what it is that gives you the sense of loneliness to better understand what it is you are searching for.
Posted
Bored is easy to fix, lonely is not, depending on your age. Late 30's through retirement age, you're SOL. Nobody age-appropriate ever goes anywhere, it's impossible to meet new people, they all have families and careers they're just starting, so they have very little time, they're spending it with their existing friends when they get it.
Read there's loneliness epidemic, you'd think then more people would be open to making friends, but they're not. The ones with no friends sit on their couch, asking Reddit how you can make friends without leaving the house (you literally can't, you have to hang out in-person to become actual friends), refusing to ever leave the house for anything other than work, then want to complain about being lonely while doing nothing that could potentially change that.
I go out all the time to all different kinds of places and the only people out are barely 21 or over 65, nothing in between. Cafés, bars, free events, parks... anywhere it's the same.
Never bored, always lonely though. And no, e-friends don't count (they are not real or the same as in-person friendships, do not even try to change my mind on this, there's science to back it up, don't @ or message me offering e-friendship, I don't want it, only in-person or nothing).
Posted

For a couple of things on loneliness 

particularly for men in the UK there is Andy Man's Club which meet most weekly in most towns and they are designed to support social isolation, loneliness and mental health in men of all ages.

--

Outside of that.

I think a lot does depend on individual interests. I know for example one thing that helped me recently involved going to Women's football matches (only useful if you've an interest in football, specifically women's football) as it's very community based - and likewise, local non-league clubs are usually a couple of quid in and much more community focused 

But that might not be your interest, but whatever it is - especially if you've free time (i.e. bored) it's worth partaking in hobbies because even if not everyone is in your age group, it's still bonding over a common interest. 

Posted
Video games only help so much.

Work can be a good medicine, if you like your job. At the very least, it helps address or mitigate other problems.

Finding the cause of the loneliness can help in terms of defining the problem. But, that may not be directly useful in solving it. ((This is more or less where I am.)
Posted
8 hours ago, sardonicus87 said:
Bored is easy to fix, lonely is not, depending on your age. Late 30's through retirement age, you're SOL. Nobody age-appropriate ever goes anywhere, it's impossible to meet new people, they all have families and careers they're just starting, so they have very little time, they're spending it with their existing friends when they get it.
Read there's loneliness epidemic, you'd think then more people would be open to making friends, but they're not. The ones with no friends sit on their couch, asking Reddit how you can make friends without leaving the house (you literally can't, you have to hang out in-person to become actual friends), refusing to ever leave the house for anything other than work, then want to complain about being lonely while doing nothing that could potentially change that.
I go out all the time to all different kinds of places and the only people out are barely 21 or over 65, nothing in between. Cafés, bars, free events, parks... anywhere it's the same.
Never bored, always lonely though. And no, e-friends don't count (they are not real or the same as in-person friendships, do not even try to change my mind on this, there's science to back it up, don't @ or message me offering e-friendship, I don't want it, only in-person or nothing).

I really want to dispute this answer.

I joined this forum to mitigate loneliness. And, while it has occupied some time, there are no events in the area I live (metro Boston), leaving the loneliness more or less unresolved.

Posted
3 hours ago, dominionhub said:

there are no events in the area I live (metro Boston), leaving the loneliness more or less unresolved.

as good as this site is - the events are very lacking and limited to what organisers have listed

Fetlife is a bit more comprehensive for events - I went in and searched 'Boston Metro' and there are groups dedicated to stuff (including a Kinky Karaoke group?!) and you might be able to search by your specific areas to find events.  

Posted

Usually reconnect with music from my informative years, which always brings back some happy memories.  

I also find just getting out in the real world, be it a gig iv'e not heard the band before or just trying something new or some place new helps, always a good start to meet new people.

Posted

also reading that people come on to this site for contact, Iv'e actually found online can exacerbates the feeling of loneliness.   Cyberspace can be a superficial environment and only real life face to face or just getting out in the real world can help a great deal more.    

Online after spending a long hours/days/weeks trying to connect can seem fruitless and tbh damn right heartless and cruel as many hide behind the screen and once they have had their initial contact tend to be ghosted.  

Use online as a tool not a crutch.

Posted
14 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

as good as this site is - the events are very lacking and limited to what organisers have listed

Fetlife is a bit more comprehensive for events - I went in and searched 'Boston Metro' and there are groups dedicated to stuff (including a Kinky Karaoke group?!) and you might be able to search by your specific areas to find events.  

This is that difference between the app and the site?

Karaoke? Sure, why not?

I will give it a look.

Posted
3 hours ago, smeagol said:

also reading that people come on to this site for contact, Iv'e actually found online can exacerbates the feeling of loneliness.   Cyberspace can be a superficial environment and only real life face to face or just getting out in the real world can help a great deal more.    

Online after spending a long hours/days/weeks trying to connect can seem fruitless and tbh damn right heartless and cruel as many hide behind the screen and once they have had their initial contact tend to be ghosted.  

Use online as a tool not a crutch.

It depends what you are looking for.

If you are looking for a relationship, or anything in person, a forum will be a little help.

But, if you want discussion or b/s/t (buy/sell/trade), online works.

Posted

I’m so bored and lonely. I am at work and home. I usually just go to sleep when I can and get up early and go to work only to be the same way and then cum home and it starts all over😔Sometimes I’m so bored I can’t even masturbate! 

Posted
3 hours ago, dominionhub said:

This is that difference between the app and the site?

this is fetish.com it is not fetlife :)