Quarantine - Harder on Doms or Subs?

cautiousswitch

cautiousswitch
Posted

The use of "lock down" to refer to quarantine at one point had me thinking, "You know, a lot of subs probably like this."  But then I got to thinking that the lock down is really non-consensual in most cases.  Yes, we all want to do what is necessary to not get sick and prevent the spread of disease, but most people would like to go outside from time to time.  1984 - Big Dominant is watching you doesn't have the appeal of allowing someone you have chosen to serve to cage you.  Even people who like to role play ***d situations probably don't appreciate government mandates forcing them to stay inside.

So, assuming that a dom/me and sub don't live together, which one would this be harder on?

Submissives - Personally, I'm not a huge fan of self bondage; being able to get out makes it less interesting and rigging a time release mechanism isn't always easy.  Most sites dedicated to self bondage will wisely suggest that you have access to someone who can release you - either they're in the same house or you've got them on speed dial - in the case of an emergency.  Quarantine lock down makes self bondage lock down less safe.  Our non-consensual government dominant gives us a few orders and basically abandons us - expect very little after care when the lock down is lifted.  The closest thing to a spanking we'll get is when taxes are due, and that's more penetration than impact play.

Dominants - So this is what it feels like to be told you can't go outside.  So the lock down isn't as stringent as tying someone up or even caging them, but you're still having freedom taken away from you.  It's your turn to follow orders.  Even if you can telecommute with your sub it's not the same as the hands on approach.  Part of the appeal of bondage to me is that the person who tied me up has the freedom to move about, I don't know if dominants get the same satisfaction of knowing that they are less restricted than their subs, but this is no longer the case.  An outsider has put the dominant in an equal position with their sub.

Posted

For me it’s hard limit but I don’t have the safe word 😂

Posted
30 minutes ago, FabSeverus said:

For me it’s hard limit but I don’t have the safe word 😂

Brilliant!!!!! 😆😆😆😆

Posted

Something I half joked about is a lot of subs with confinement fantasies are gonna find it's not as fun as it seems. 

Posted

It sucks not being able to see Pirate, and not really knowing when I will, but everyone's (Well lots are) in the same boat.

We chat every day, call each other, play scrabble online (Do NOT play this man... he knows words that you forgot existed) 

I'm working, for a nursing agency so that helps. 

I'm rebuilding bridges with my mum and siblings, getting on so much better with my ex and I'm chatting more with my friends.

I'm writing more too, like loads more.

The lockdown has given me some real "me" time to process all the good things that have come my way in the last few months, and, time to reflect on how I've grown and how blessed I am.

Posted

They tried "lock in" but it sent the wrong message to pub goers. And "lock up" just sent the press into a totalitarian state frenzy.

Posted
3 hours ago, purrfectpanther said:

They tried "lock in" but it sent the wrong message to pub goers. And "lock up" just sent the press into a totalitarian state frenzy.

whereas lockdown sends just the right message to us rope bunnies

Posted

@cautiousswitch as a switch perhaps you are best qualified to answer that, after all you can decide which side hurts more, as a sub I can only answer that it hurts the sub more because that's all I know, its a good question though 

cautiousswitch
Posted

I'm more of a 90/10 sub/Dom switch, so not really the best to answer either.

Posted
2 hours ago, cautiousswitch said:

I'm more of a 90/10 sub/Dom switch, so not really the best to answer either.

starting to discover I may have a bit of Domme myself, talking to people about wrestling fetishes I realise that I could quite happily take the Domme role there, so relevance to this post I'm missing trashing people on the jujitsu mat so much that my tinsy winsy Domme side is defn suffering more in this lockdown than my sub is missing the bondage and beatings, that I think is one vote for the Domme suffering more-I think

Posted
On 4/17/2020 at 8:00 AM, LazyPiratesBounty said:

We chat every day, call each other, play scrabble online (Do NOT play this man... he knows words that you forgot existed) 

Want to have some fun with this? The Vandal and I used to have weekends away with another kink couple and a couple of stray single blokes - the blokes would go fishing, and the other submissive and I would play Scrabble. Triple points for first swear word.  The best we ever got was:  I put dwon F***; she added 'wit'; I came back with adding '-ted' and she really went mad by putting ' -ly' at the very end. So we had, by this time, 'f***wittedly' and we ran out of board space.  Why not make double points for kink terms?

Posted

@LazyPiratesBounty 'play scrabble online (Do NOT play this man... he knows words that you forgot existed)' oo that sounds like a challenge, so long as I don't have my bubblegum pink wig on I know a lot myself, 

it also sounds like your D is providing you with an education in more than just submission, assuming the words are real, you know that its extra spanks for questioning whether a word exists don't you lol

maybe we should play in Regency period clothing, my heartiest pericombobulations to you and LazyPirate

Posted

@Vandalslut sounds a good idea, the question is what do the extra points mean for those of us locked away from our D, strokes of the cane etc. stored up for when we meet again, 

err on second thoughts if that's the case I'd be throwing the games lol

Posted
3 hours ago, Vandalslut said:

Want to have some fun with this? The Vandal and I used to have weekends away with another kink couple and a couple of stray single blokes - the blokes would go fishing, and the other submissive and I would play Scrabble. Triple points for first swear word.  The best we ever got was:  I put dwon F***; she added 'wit'; I came back with adding '-ted' and she really went mad by putting ' -ly' at the very end. So we had, by this time, 'f***wittedly' and we ran out of board space.  Why not make double points for kink terms?

Great idea!

I think our games could have an interesting slant soon... playing for permission to cum has been mentioned 😯 (bearing in mind we've played about a dozen games and I've won the heady amount of one game. One!

Puts a whole new twist on orgasm control...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kymi said:

@LazyPiratesBounty 'play scrabble online (Do NOT play this man... he knows words that you forgot existed)' oo that sounds like a challenge, so long as I don't have my bubblegum pink wig on I know a lot myself, 

it also sounds like your D is providing you with an education in more than just submission, assuming the words are real, you know that its extra spanks for questioning whether a word exists don't you lol

maybe we should play in Regency period clothing, my heartiest pericombobulations to you and LazyPirate

Salutations to you *curtsies*

"Assuming the words are real" welllllllllllllllll........  funny you should say that, who knew "fe" was a word. I know its the chemical symbol for iron...  ooooooooo i wonder if that's why it was allowed. That'd be good, that'd use up all the x's and z's 😊

We could sip tea and eat cake whilst perusing our dictionaries. A delightful afternoon.

Once we retire, one can then proceed to lift up ones skirt, lower ones undergarments, and receive ones spanking of ones prosterior.

Edited by LazyPiratesBounty
Forgot about the spanking
Posted
41 minutes ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

Salutations to you *curtsies*

"Assuming the words are real" welllllllllllllllll........  funny you should say that, who knew "fe" was a word. I know its the chemical symbol for iron...  ooooooooo i wonder if that's why it was allowed. That'd be good, that'd use up all the x's and z's 😊

We could sip tea and eat cake whilst perusing our dictionaries. A delightful afternoon.

Once we retire, one can then proceed to lift up ones skirt, lower ones undergarments, and receive ones spanking of ones prosterior.

we must have been in service together in a previous life lol