Neighbors to the rescue

fiploss

Posted

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue:

Some background information first; thirty years ago my ex-wife and I, then in our early twenties were all geared up to move away and start our lives in a new town.  We were married for a little over a year when i was discharged from the Army.  My four year enlistment having expired.  My wife was a hot little number back then, the beauty of a combined half Latina and half Italian.  She had a body that wouldn't quit, just enough curves in the right places, thirty eight double D breasts, dark black shoulder length straight hair, perfectly tanned skin and sultry brown doe eyes.  I used to joke with her that if I couldn't find a job at least she could become a stripper and we would live well.

When we first started out I truly did love her or so I thought.  It may have been youthful lust and naive thinking...I have since come a long way.

The one thing we both had in common were explosive tempers.  She would go off on a tangent during an innocent conversation and it would quickly elevate to a screaming match.  The objects contained in cabinets and on counter tops would then start take flight, cups and saucers seemed to be her favorite item to throw at me.  She never hit me with them they would just bounce off the walls and shatter to the floor.  I was convinced at one point that she was intent on playing a life sized version of the Whack-a-Mole game using me for the mole.

Don't get me wrong, I was no angel in these domestic gladiator games.  I would drink some and lose my temper returning fire with onslaughts of verbiage at top volume that would have made the devil cringe.  One point that I must clear up is that even though there was a lot of emotions being vented there was never any physical trauma inflicted on either of us.  She missed on purpose, or just terrible aim and I would take my frustration out on chairs and walls. 

In early 1990 we packed our things and headed to a small but decent size town in the midwest.  Our primary goal was to secure work for me in a construction company that my buddies family owned.  We rented a smallish one bedroom ranch house with a small yard nestled in a working class suburban blue collar neighborhood.

Our fortunes seemed to be taking shape as I got the job and was working steadily, she went into the shopping district and procured work as a waitress in a local diner.  We went about our daily routine, all seeming well for about five months when my foreman told us the company did not get a contract they were anticipating and  they would have to lay some of us off.  We had a bit of savings and she was still working so I was confident that I could find something until construction picked back up.

Time marched on.  Six weeks down the road I had still not found a job except for the occasional day work.  Then she lost her job due to the economic downturn of the construction projects in town.  There we were, no more ***, in arrears on our rent facing eviction and having no other option except going on the public dole.

Now on with the story that is based on the events that took place in my life thirty years ago that left myself and my wife in a very awkward position with our concerned neighbors:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning sunlight came streaming in through the cracks in the blinds to line up right on target with my eyelids.  I awoke groggily, trying to push off the remnants of the case of beer I consumed last night.  Making my way out of the den, sleeping on that damn futon always messed up my back, I managed to somehow navigate into my sandals and slug down the hall towards the kitchen.

I smelled freshly brewed coffee so I knew she had mad it to the kitchen before I did.  Somehow in this miserable never ending game of our's making it to the kitchen before the other guy was a victory.  I came around the corner and looked at the mess of broken shards of dishes and glassware on the floor.  The place looked like it had went through an earthquake.  I made my way over to the stainless steel coffee maker and grabbed one of the Styrofoam cups that we kept hanging around for mornings where ceramic-ware was in short supply.  

She was sitting on a kitchen chair in her gym shorts and flip-flops wearing a white T-shirt, one leg folded up to her chest with her foot on the chair and she was reading something written on a loose leaf type paper.

I mumbled "morning" as I took a sip of the coffee. She half heartily waved her left hand in the air as if to say hi as she continued scoping out the paper in her hand.  I sat there leaning against the counter trying to clear the fog from my brain, "whatdya reading there?", I asked.

She gave out a little snort then a chuckle while turning to look at me.  She said," Its a note from our concerned neighbors, you ain't gonna believe this shit..."

She took one more glance at the page then reached an arm out to hand me the sheet.  I took it from her.  Looking at the whole note it had beautiful penmanship, lot of nice curls and cursive writing that could have been used in a textbook from the sixties. Gaining my focus, I was able to scan it very quickly and I really couldn't grip what I was reading so I read it again:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neighbors,

We are concerned for your safety and well being.  We are a family oriented tightly knit community here and would like to extend our offer to help you.  We have a history of solving our differences/problems without involving outsiders.

The facts are that night after night we hear you shouting, fighting and throwing things.  Your yard is a disgrace, the grass has not been cut in months and there is trash strewn about.  We understand that times may be hard however that is no reason to dismiss civility.  Both of you generally have dismissive and bad attitudes when any members of our community have tried to communicate our concerns to you.  We are of the opinion that the both of you are immature, selfish, pathological spoiled brats.  

We will appoint the hour for solving these problems as twelve pm today.

We are willing to offer the both of you two options, one will likely result in your ejection from the community and possible jail time for one or both of you.  The second option as laid out is more direst to the point and corporal; as it should be with children.  If you choose to take the second option, once it is complete nothing more will be said about it.  Both of your bottoms will be red and hurting for a bit but as long as you behave you will be welcome to stay with us.

The second option has worked well for some members of our community in the recent past.  The terms of the options are as follows:

Option One:

Lock your kitchen door.  At the appointed time you do nothing, there will be three knocks on your door and the handle will be tested to see if it is open.  When it is found locked we will move on and every time there is a noise from your residence the sheriff will be called.  We will collectively petition your landlord to clean up his property.  We will also take any chance that we find to report you both to civil or police authorities for any offense we witness, no matter how trivial.

Option Two:

*The corporal punishment method*

*To qualify for this option you must complete all of the following steps, no deviations are allowed.

1.  Both of you must be in agreement to receive punishment.

2. Clear all excess furniture from your kitchen with the exception of the table.

3.  Unlock your kitchen door.

4.  Both of you will need to strip to your underwear.  Mr. = briefs or boxers, Mrs. = bra and panties  (no thongs are permitted)

5. Do not clean anything, a brief inspection will be completed to determine the severity of the punishment.

6. You will need two pillowcases, before the appointed time you will both stand facing the table, at the completion of the three knocks on the door you will put a pillow case over each of your head, bend over the table, reach back and pull your undies down to expose your bottoms.

7.  Put your face down on the table and grip the table, one hand each side by your head.

8.  Clear your mind and await your punishment.

At the conclusion of the beating, paddling, caning or strapping (whichever we decide is most appropriate).  We will exit and lock your kitchen door, at that time you will be able to get up and move about your day.

Sincerely hoping that we can come to an understanding,

Your neighbors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whoa!", is all that I could manage saying.  I had glanced at her while I was reading and could see she was off in some sort of trance.  I put the letter on the counter and ***d up"that's some crazy type shit, ain't it?"

She turned her head towards me and said," You and I both know they're right."

She stood up from the chair and kicked aside some shards with her foot then proceeded to take off her T-shirt.  She nestled her thumbs down into her gym short waist band and shimmied out of them.  I asked,"What are you doing?".

She gave me a quizzical look and said," We don't have much time, it's eleven fifty, I need a bra and I'll get the pillow cases."

I looked back at her and said'" Yeah, I guess I'll move the chairs and unlock the door."

End

Posted

Excellent start to what sounds like an interesting story. Are there going to be further parts?

Posted

So what was the follow on from your preparation?

Posted

I enjoyed reading this, thank you for sharing.

Posted

LadyMm, there will be other parts following.  Thanks for reading.  :)