Crafts and art

Ch****

Posted

Candle making is my hobby.Ā  From scented candles to rolled candles with wax flowers.Ā  I haven't yet managed to turn it into a business, but then again, the market for candles is fiercely competitive.

As for needlecrafts, I used to do a lot of Needlepoint and cross stitch design, but not so much now.Ā  ButĀ I am totally useless at knitting or crochet,Ā  couldn't do it even when I tried!

Posted
12 hours ago, TammyNatalia said:

Candle making is my hobby.Ā  From scented candles to rolled candles with wax flowers.Ā  I haven't yet managed to turn it into a business, but then again, the market for candles is fiercely competitive.

As for needlecrafts, I used to do a lot of Needlepoint and cross stitch design, but not so much now.Ā  ButĀ I am totally useless at knitting or crochet,Ā  couldn't do it even when I tried!

Im addicted to candles. Iv made a few myselfĀ  but lots. Iv got kits some were as well.

Ā 

Knitting an crochet is easy. Theres videos on u tube

Posted
Just now, Charms said:

Knitting an crochet is easy. Theres videos on u tube

Well I suppose I can give it another try, but I found it terribly hard first time...!

Posted
15 hours ago, TammyNatalia said:

Well I suppose I can give it another try, but I found it terribly hard first time...!

Try usingĀ  bigger sized hooks dont start of with tiny hooks or needles. And breath . IĀ  know its daft but rember to breath . You can unpick knitting an crochet you can always start again.

Ā 

For months id do it wrong but you get better with practise

Posted
36 minutes ago, Charms said:

Try usingĀ  bigger sized hooks dont start of with tiny hooks or needles. And breath . IĀ  know its daft but rember to breath . You can unpick knitting an crochet you can always start again.

Ā 

For months id do it wrong but you get better with practise

I suppose I need some patience.Ā  I will probably never knit the way my mother did though.

Posted
32 minutes ago, TammyNatalia said:

I suppose I need some patience.Ā  I will probably never knit the way my mother did though.

No 1 will knit as good as old peopleĀ  as they used to k it an crochet to make clothes. But now we can them cheaper

Posted

Surprise, surprise---I do leatherwork.Ā  I also enjoy drawing and ***ting---mostly landscapes and cityscapes.Ā  I don't know if photography could be counted as a "craft".Ā  3D modeling on the computer, might come close.Ā  Computer coding could be considered by some, to be a "craft".Ā  But, that is more of a means to an end.Ā  Yeah, I have "too many irons in the fire."

On 7/31/2020 at 6:45 AM, quietlysure said:

I'm sorry crochet is the work of Satan, just can't do it

Let's not go there.

Posted

I think Crotchet is a beautiful craft.Ā  I wish I could do it, but I doubt I have the patience.

Posted

During lockdown i decided to augment my graphics and design skills, fill some time in and bought a 3D printer and learned CAD... woohoop building all kinds of stuff now...some even practical haha like ear savers for face masks, but also indulging in my geekiness.

Posted
3 hours ago, smeagol said:

During lockdown i decided to augment my graphics and design skills, fill some time in and bought a 3D printer and learned CAD... woohoop building all kinds of stuff now...some even practical haha like ear savers for face masks, but also indulging in my geekiness.

Whats cad and what geek things have u built

Posted
12 hours ago, Charms said:

Just using Fusion 360 at the moment for design work.... but everyone had to do their first baby Yoda and Baby Groot prints lolĀ  Just finished off printing and ***ting the EVA POD with the dead Frank Poole diorama from the film 2001 Space Odyssey , roughly 6" high.Ā  Next is the 5ft long version of the Discovery space craft from the same film...told you i was a geek lolĀ  Well im not paying 400 quid for model kit lol

Posted

and no no no not got a 12" high kinky female storm trooper on the go, no, no,Ā Ā not innocent moiĀ 

Posted
41 minutes ago, smeagol said:

and no no no not got a 12" high kinky female storm trooper on the go, no, no,Ā Ā not innocent moiĀ 

And why not. Id do all sorts with a 3d printer.

Ā 

Not seen a space odossey but i am a geek if you ever want a geek xhat pm me

Posted
43 minutes ago, smeagol said:

42 is the answer

Posted
17 hours ago, Charms said:

"CAD" is "Computer Aided Design".Ā  Essentially, it is a drafting program.Ā  There are quite a few free, open-source versions out there.Ā  I use "Blender" for CGI stuff.Ā  That can be a tough one to learn, as it is aimed at more experienced users.Ā  There are also quite a few simpler ones, designed for beginners.Ā  Just do a search for, "CAD programs free".

Good luck, and have fun!

Posted
5 hours ago, phoenyx said:

"CAD" is "Computer Aided Design".Ā  Essentially, it is a drafting program.Ā  There are quite a few free, open-source versions out there.Ā  I use "Blender" for CGI stuff.Ā  That can be a tough one to learn, as it is aimed at more experienced users.Ā  There are also quite a few simpler ones, designed for beginners.Ā  Just do a search for, "CAD programs free".

Good luck, and have fun!

I will look it up. I used to do animation on psp9 and animation shop i can do stuff like that but work my phone is diffrent. I also used to code on a comindor 64. Iv forgotten so much since i had a stroke

Posted
1 minute ago, Charms said:

I will look it up. I used to do animation on psp9 and animation shop i can do stuff like that but work my phone is diffrent. I also used to code on a comindor 64. Iv forgotten so much since i had a stroke

Tinkercad is also free and runs onlineĀ only in your browser.