"Likes"....

BlueEyes4u

Posted

My response does not state how anyone needs to behave or what they should say. It states my view of how people *generally* are. Not how they have to be.
No excuse was given in my response - it's an attempted explanation as a response to the OP's question. Having understanding - that is what I'm suggesting.
I think the above responses, and more, are contained in my answer. But I think emotions flare and they are then hard to see.
I enjoy discussing things but not so much arguing - this seems about 50/ 50, and that's not much interest to me - so I'm out, but thx to the OP for such an engaging (it was indeed controversial :) ) question!

Posted

Put very simply, yes, men press like more than women 🤪

Posted
1 hour ago, Aeonova said:

My response does not state how anyone needs to behave or what they should say. It states my view of how people *generally* are. Not how they have to be.
No excuse was given in my response - it's an attempted explanation as a response to the OP's question. Having understanding - that is what I'm suggesting.
I think the above responses, and more, are contained in my answer. But I think emotions flare and they are then hard to see.
I enjoy discussing things but not so much arguing - this seems about 50/ 50, and that's not much interest to me - so I'm out, but thx to the OP for such an engaging (it was indeed controversial :) ) question!

I read your post again and I know what you were trying to say. I do appreciate that as a woman I don't have to go looking really. And I guess yes, emotions do flare for me as I am regularly left feeling harassed and objectified by men here and elsewhere. I'm glad you weren't trying to excuse that behaviour. I prefer discussion too and don't want to start an argument.

Posted

Oh, I didn't know the quick kink thing did that...😨🤦

Posted

As in any site like this, there are FAR more men than women on here. So naturally, they have a wide variety to choose from, whereas we, not so much lol Several studies have been done on this topic & the results (much to the dissatisfaction of feminists) are enlightening, to say the least. I won't drone on about it here, but I encourage everyone to check these studies out. In short, women are exceptionality picky about men, where we generally aren't about women. Something like the top 20% of guys get like 80% of the women. Hell, there was even a study done where they created fake profiles with hot guy models in the pics, with descriptions like "I have to let everyone know I'm a registered sex offender" & stuff even worse than that & women STILL ate it up & messaged the hell out of them lol they say they don't care about looks, but those studies proved otherwise lol this got the feminists very wound up, of course. Well, looks like I rambled on anyway lol but seriously, go check these studies out. You'll learn a lot about what women actually respond to👍

Posted

I’ve got a guy friend who literally likes and comments and swipes right or whatever the hell on every woman he sees. Doesn’t matter what they look like or what their posts say about them etc. He doesn’t read or look into any of it. Says if he tries on everyone then he’s that much more likely to get a response back. Is this a common practice? I can’t really tell if this is normal or if he’s just a major slut. Because he really is a a major slut. 🤣🤣🤣.

I think maybe women feel like they have to be more careful in what they react to or comment on and for that reason they do it a lot less. Participating in such things risks attracting attention from the wrong kinds of people. Opens us up to harassment and dirty pics or messages we don’t want or whatever the hell it may be. Sucks because I’m sure we all miss out on meeting some pretty cool people. :/

Posted
42 minutes ago, Aeviternity said:

Says if he tries on everyone then he’s that much more likely to get a response back.

Yep - this is common.

And it's a problem.

So men in general are far more likely to swipe right - it's estimated men will do this for 35% of profiles they see, compared to just 4% from women.

Though, the 35% average we know is skewed because we know there are men who will just swipe (almost) everyone.

The problem this creates is women are more likely to swipe on people they genuinely like, whereas men just likely to swipe on anyone.  It also carries the kinda problem that it can then be "so what did you like about my profile?" with a lot of backflipping because the guy hadn't *looked* at her profile.