T.I.C. turn offs

Cu****

Posted

I can't think of any physical turn offs

but, certainly assorted bigoted views, especially if they come without a desire to learn

Posted

Ohhh I agree with the smoker thing, poor hygiene,  and narcissistic people. 

Posted
As someone with a (well maintained) beard, I can say with certainty that beards “per se” do not have to be unkempt or unhygienic in any way whatsoever. I have never found food or faecal matter in mine… and wash my face religiously after any kind of oral activity.

So I am deeply sorry if the OP has had a bad experience to this effect… but please - do try not to tar every beard with the same faecal matter ! 😉

My pet hate would be kissing a smoker. Now that is quite specific. I sometimes enjoy the appearance of a woman smoking a cigarette - if she has the right persona - and attire to go with it.
My other one - bad table manners.
“If you eat like a pig, you should lay at the trough” ! 🐖
Posted
28 minutes ago, DarkArts1066 said:
As someone with a (well maintained) beard, I can say with certainty that beards “per se” do not have to be unkempt or unhygienic in any way whatsoever. I have never found food or faecal matter in mine… and wash my face religiously after any kind of oral activity.

So I am deeply sorry if the OP has had a bad experience to this effect… but please - do try not to tar every beard with the same faecal matter ! 😉

My pet hate would be kissing a smoker. Now that is quite specific. I sometimes enjoy the appearance of a woman smoking a cigarette - if she has the right persona - and attire to go with it.

Not sure why “If you eat like a pig, you should lay at the trough” made me laugh but it did. That’s for the descriptive.

Posted

For immediate turn-offs, I would have to say "Politics!"  Whenever someone starts reciting the pre-packaged groupthink du jour, I'm outta there.  "Left" or "Right"---it doesn't matter.  "Buzz words" and "catch phrases" make me cringe.  I enjoy the company of free-thinkers, whose views come from the heart---not the processed canned-thinking, downloaded from today's electronic media.  Ditto for "Religion".  Bible-thumpers need not apply.

Long-term turn-offs have to be emotional leeches and vampires.  Really, no explanation is needed there.

Posted
Baseball caps are up there for me. A guy in Adidas and a b’ball cap is never going to make me drop my handkerchief. Is there still a fashion for wearing t-shirts with massive designer names emblazoned on them? I’m quite sure that if a chap turned up wearing ARMANI or DOLCE & GABBANA* in huge nip-to-nip text, there would be no second date! Understated - to me, that’s a sexy quality. Beards are A-OK with me 🥰
(*is that how you spell it? I don’t even know! 🤣)
Posted
22 hours ago, DarkArts1066 said:

The "Faecal matter" in beards comment is based on a Manchester Met Uni study (in association with Fragrance Direct) that took swabs from mens beards then grew cultures which found traces of Enterococcus Spp bacteria, although i dont believe they specify the exact strain or levels found, which are also in the bowls among other places like drinking water, soil, and plants.

Add the media to the occassion and you get headlines of '50% of mens beards contain Faecal matter' which is actually incorrect.

Posted
17 minutes ago, TheBookCollector said:

The "Faecal matter" in beards comment is based on a Manchester Met Uni study (in association with Fragrance Direct) that took swabs from mens beards then grew cultures which found traces of Enterococcus Spp bacteria, although i dont believe they specify the exact strain or levels found, which are also in the bowls among other places like drinking water, soil, and plants.

Add the media to the occassion and you get headlines of '50% of mens beards contain Faecal matter' which is actually incorrect.

The media never let facts or science get in the way of a good headline, do they?! Eyeroll

Posted
43 minutes ago, DuchessFeuille said:

The media never let facts or science get in the way of a good headline, do they?! Eyeroll

I knowwhy would anyone be interested in facts or science when they get in the way of a good headline.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Leisa said:
Poor beards. I just said an unkept one was a turn off. Not all of them. A well trimmed beard is 🔥.

I agree. An unkempt beard is dreadfully aging. My ex was once called ‘Grandad’ when he was out with the children. He was barely forty, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cringe

Posted

Body hair on a woman is a huge turn off. Some hair on the tuppence is ok but not elsewhere on the body.

Posted
50 minutes ago, Leisa said:
Poor beards. I just said an unkept one was a turn off. Not all of them. A well trimmed beard is 🔥.

I think it was more a reaction to the OP's comments about faecal matter being in beards.😊

Some people are just pogonophobes, while some are pogonophiles.