Play or nay?

Pe****

Posted
What are peoples thoughts on playing with others that aren’t jabbed??
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jvictorh said:
I think it’s fine as long as no one is 😷

Unless that's your kink, of course 😉

Posted
Tie em up and give ‘em a shot
Posted
I think if someone were to judge playing or dating me on a vaccination status... I'd not want to know them. And I have had a vaccine.....
Posted

like. I'm not going to go round checking people's status - it is largely not my business.   

However; I tend to prefer to play with people I know have common sense so - would have the confidence they wouldn't play if they had symptoms or thought they had something (to be fair, if they did they'd struggle to be at their best anyway) and I would find spouting any form of conspiracies as being somewhat off-putting (I can accept not getting jabbed, I don't accept so much spreading misinformation to stop others doing so)

As an aside.  

As part of filming I have to do regular screenings for STIs and this also has included being vaccinated against Hep-B, so I also get my antibody count checked.

This has been very difficult to get proper screenings during the pandemic (a lot of people will not accept the results of a home kit) and so some people haven't wished to film with me without this, or, have limited what they would be happy to do.  This is all fair enough and to me should be standard.   You can make an informed decision based on this.  

Posted
If it's someone who hasn't got the jag because they can't get it (i.e. medical reasons), then I can grant them some leeway because they're likely still being careful at least. If it's someone who's just decided not the get it, I tend to steer clear, cos odds are they aren't taking it seriously. That's my approach to people in all circumstances these days.
Posted

I personally think this topic is a touchy one and very subjective… lots of people view covid exactly the same way they view flu…both can be lethal if you have underlying health conditions right? But you wouldn’t worry about catching flu off someone who doesn’t have the flu vaccine the same way you worry about catching covid (I mean the general collective you/we, not the op or ppl commenting) Mainly because we now understand more about flu, there’s less *** there. Knowing so little about covid can increase the *** of catching it. I’ve had both my jabs, I have health problems and an adult son with big anxiety around losing me, so I wanted to protect myself for him. I can understand why some people are refusing them and I don’t think the vaccine would be my deciding factor in play. I’d maybe ask someone to take a lateral flow and make sure they weren’t positive before a meet though. You have every right to do that imo if you’re worried about catching the virus for any reason and the un jabbed person should respect that.

Posted
My preference would be vaccinated, but I'd play with someone who was unvaccinated before I'd play with someone without a condom.
Posted
It’s a no go here. I have other responsibilities outside of this lifestyle. That I don’t want to pass to other people! It’s same for people who don’t test regularly. Hint hint
Posted
But if the vax works, then surely you’re safe from not getting it?
Posted
19 minutes ago, Finally_Jen said:
I think if someone were to judge playing or dating me on a vaccination status... I'd not want to know them. And I have had a vaccine.....

Love this

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, kaycie said:

But if the vax works, then surely you’re safe from not getting it?

Vaccinated or not. You can still get the virus. 

I was vaxxed in Dec. I got covid 2wks ago. It makes NO difference to the ability to get it, just how the body copes. And the strains are more increasingly leading to asymptomatic cases now.

There is just no way to tell, but personally if someone asked me or judged me on if I had one vaccine, none or all 3, I'd be blocking them. Personal choice. Doesn't mean they do or don't take covid serious. None of us have the right to dictate or assume who is a responsible human for their jab choices. But each to their own. My two cents, that applies only to myself. 

Edit : This bing said, I would not play with someone who was experiencing or displaying symptoms. Whether a randomer, buddy or a partner. There is always the responsibility when you are knowingly ill with anything, not just covid. Same applies for sexual infections and other diseases or viruses etc etc.

Edited by Finally_Jen
Posted
Everyone is free to make their own choice in that matter. If I’m attracted to someone and wanting to meet them, the vaccine is not a killer… as long as they aren’t symptomatic, I’m good…. 🤷🏻
Posted
I personally will still play with someone if they are unvaccinated even though I am vaccinated, it's personal choice.. 🤪
Posted
39 minutes ago, Lady_Char said:
My preference would be vaccinated, but I'd play with someone who was unvaccinated before I'd play with someone without a condom.

Exactly. At least 50 years to find vaccines for AIDS or stds

Posted
I could care less either way as long as they are negative for Covid before coming to the party/play that’s all that matters because you can still catch Covid after you’ve had the jab.
Posted
No you’re safe from not getting seriously ill going to hospital lungs filling with fluid being put a on ventilator and passing from it! With the vacs of you get it make it feel like flu like symptoms. I know I got it at one point.
Posted
1 hour ago, Less_Careless said:
If it's someone who hasn't got the jag because they can't get it (i.e. medical reasons), then I can grant them some leeway because they're likely still being careful at least. If it's someone who's just decided not the get it, I tend to steer clear, cos odds are they aren't taking it seriously. That's my approach to people in all circumstances these days.

So it’s fine if they can’t get jabbed because of medical reasons?

Posted
It’s the vaccinated people that can make people sick. There’s absolutely nothing to worry about from unvaccinated people, especially those with natural immunity.