Play or nay?

Pe****

Posted
Some really uneducated comments here, masquerading ‘sapiosexual’ as not caring, piss poor understanding of immunity and transmissibility based on literally nothing 😂if you’re happy to play with non vaccinated please do so but don’t assume moral superiority or it’s an evidence based position to have.
Posted

I wasn't going to comment but... Guess I can't help myself. 

Its definitely a personal preference.

I don't think a vaccination status should determine whether you should or shouldn't 'play' with someone. 

But... If your bothered - is that because you don't trust the vaccine to do what it should? As long as your vaxxed, shouldn't you be safe? 🤔 

Surely as adults - we know if we are ill? We wouldn't go out if had Covid would we? And I assume the majority of people take tests before meeting up with people?  🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Posted
Easy and not dramatic answer. Yes, I would. I don’t mind if they are vaxxed or not. Is not my body.
Posted
Why should it matter? We're all living with it now, it's a personal choice it was never compulsory so in my opinion it's completely fine and jabbed or not it's none of my business. As long we get on and have a connection I'll play haha.
Posted
That vaxx is the biggest lie and should not stop anyone from playing. My 2 cents so play on my kinky friends
Posted
If I wanted to eventually travel and just generally be free, they'd be hardwork as a life partner... but as a hypothetical play only sub I don't see the problem
Posted
I don’t care if they are jabbed or not. It is more important that we click than if they have had a shot or not.
Posted
3 hours ago, TeeJay_98 said:

I wasn't going to comment but... Guess I can't help myself. 

Its definitely a personal preference.

I don't think a vaccination status should determine whether you should or shouldn't 'play' with someone. 

But... If your bothered - is that because you don't trust the vaccine to do what it should? As long as your vaxxed, shouldn't you be safe? 🤔 

Surely as adults - we know if we are ill? We wouldn't go out if had Covid would we? And I assume the majority of people take tests before meeting up with people?  🤷🏼‍♀️ 

I totally agree.

Posted
11 hours ago, kaycie said:

Exactly. Statistics now showing more people are having health problems because of a “vaccine” that took apparently a year to make

That's an interesting statement 🤔. Could you please cite your sources on these statistics? I'm quite interested in reading them, or at least their results and conclusions.

One thing, though, is that you started a thread asking people for their opinion, but most of your replies here imply scepticism on vaccinations in general (e.g. the no vax for HIV after 50 years yet a vax in 1 year for covid argument), so it's not like you're undecided on the matter.

Posted

I guess as a side note also.

I would figure most of us, regardless of our own status, are not in any form of risk group.

However if the person we are talking with IS in a risk group - then our status may be more important to them as part of them balancing up all of the risks.  So it's also important not to be judgemental of someone who asks; we don't know their overall circumstances.

It may also be that they are not in a risk group - but have regular contact with someone who is - so want to overall make choices which minimises the risk of exposing anything to the person they make contact with in the risk group.

Obviously of course; nothing is risk free - I went to play with someone on Sunday and there was probably more chance of me catching something *on the train there* than with her, but people shouldn't be shunned for their own boundaries and risk profiles.   

If you asked someone to wear a condom during sex and they said "my body my choice" or pointing out there was still a risk of pregnancy or STIs even wearing a condom (which there is) you'd tell them to do one and wouldn't have sex with them.  

Posted
1 hour ago, lolyafb said:

One thing, though, is that you started a thread asking people for their opinion, but most of your replies here imply scepticism on vaccinations in general (e.g. the no vax for HIV after 50 years yet a vax in 1 year for covid argument), so it's not like you're undecided on the matter.

Yep - and you know why this is insulting

The reason it took so long to even get treatments for HIV and AIDS was because it wasn't a priority - it was seen as only being a problem affecting sex workers and gay and trans communities (and sometimes outbreaks in black communities) so there was no priority until white straight folk started to get it (and even then they tried to blame this on people seeing sex workers or having homosexual urges)

People protested FOR medical aid.   And it took so long because it was just not prioritised.

Then - covid - literally the whole world of scientists downed tools to work on a vaccine - taking a basis on research from the prior SARS outbreak because it's a similar family.  The world rushed to try to find a vaccine.

And we have one.  And no one has to take it if they don't want to.  

Posted

there have been a few comments which are heading very off-topic so from here on in posts must be relevant.

Is someone being vaccinated or not a factor as on if you would play with them?  That is the topic.

Anything further outside of this will not be approved.  That being vaccinated or not is your choice - however anything like dubious comments on why you are right - slurs against people based on THEIR choice - and so on are not part of this discussion. 

Posted
I agree. Sorry guys. I have been working in the field of health for over 20 years. Some of this information is very Ill informed and will only put others at risk. You must be informative in this area, there is so much incorrect and not Evidence Based Information here it’s quite scary.
Posted
I guess it could come under the same category as any boundry question that you’d consider asking a play partner…..are you clean/sti’s, allergies to latex or lube, vaccinated etc
It’s not about what we think is right or not right personally, it’s just about discussing barriers that we’re comfortable to play within or things that matter to us, it’s not about judging.
Personally I’m not vaccinated & it’s not something that matters to me however the discussion came up at the very start with my partner as he works in the medical sector so I had to make him aware & give him the choice of whether he wanted to continue with that knowledge.
Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Yep - and you know why this is insulting

The reason it took so long to even get treatments for HIV and AIDS was because it wasn't a priority - it was seen as only being a problem affecting sex workers and gay and trans communities (and sometimes outbreaks in black communities) so there was no priority until white straight folk started to get it (and even then they tried to blame this on people seeing sex workers or having homosexual urges)

People protested FOR medical aid.   And it took so long because it was just not prioritised.

Then - covid - literally the whole world of scientists downed tools to work on a vaccine - taking a basis on research from the prior SARS outbreak because it's a similar family.  The world rushed to try to find a vaccine.

And we have one.  And no one has to take it if they don't want to.  

What craziness…read a little research

Posted
If your on about covid jabs then. It's not protecting each other it's about building an immunity to the virus. People I know how had the jab and still got it didn't suffer as half as much as people who hasn't been jabbed.
BoundUpGearGuy
Posted
It’s hard enough finding a play partner, but me being vaccinated and potentially giving it to someone, and making them sick, is not my idea of a good time, and it is listed in my various profiles. My thought process is if they can’t be bothered with a simple vaccine what other precautions have they not taken, like safe sex.
Posted
Nope. I try to avoid being unprotected around folks who aren't.
Posted
I personally wont sleep with anyone that has been jabbed
Posted
Yesterday at 08:30 AM, eyemblacksheep said:

There's a few comments here I think are a bit... questionable

Like - I can understand a yes/no on if this is a problem or not and something where... there's a lot we may have learned over 2 years.  Or clearly not.

So the concept of "the" vaccine - this seems flawed in the sense there are multiple different vaccines, some of which have worked better against certain variants or had better results in some conditions.   There are vaccines we know have been effective, and some which are less so.

A lot of concept of the idea the vaccine doesn't "work" has no idea on how vaccine's do work.  They don't give you a ***field or make you invincible - they train your body to an immune response.   So, while smallpox is officially eradicated - the vaccine was introduced in 1796 but smallpox wasn't eradicated until the 1970s.  The vaccine did, however, prevent a lot of death and prevent a lot of people getting seriously ill.

When you accept the vaccine isn't magic. That it reduces the chance of you getting seriously ill or dying - then it's a different beast.  That yes you can be vaccinated and still catch, spread, covid - but equally you can catch covid and later catch it and spread it again.

It is because of the good vaccine take up that covid has become a lot less of a threat - to the point it does probably matter less if someone is vaccinated or not.  Most people have probably been vaccinated and/or had covid to the point the threat is reduced... at least, so long as we've still got a base immunity.

But whether you've been vaccinated or not, had covid or not, you can and probably will get covid at some point.

So - this to me - is why someone's status doesn't matter too much.  I'm vaccinated, I'm not playing with idiots anyway.  If I do come into contact with someone unvaccinated, by choice, and they get seriously ill then... they took their chances.

It's good to see comments like that in the midst of what's being written here.. thank you!

Posted

Vaccinated or unvaccinated it doesn’t bother me it’s down to peoples personal choice and that’s their business, I would just ask them to take a test before hand. 

thatmauiguy
Posted
Monday at 10:30 PM, eyemblacksheep said:

There's a few comments here I think are a bit... questionable

Like - I can understand a yes/no on if this is a problem or not and something where... there's a lot we may have learned over 2 years.  Or clearly not.

So the concept of "the" vaccine - this seems flawed in the sense there are multiple different vaccines, some of which have worked better against certain variants or had better results in some conditions.   There are vaccines we know have been effective, and some which are less so.

A lot of concept of the idea the vaccine doesn't "work" has no idea on how vaccine's do work.  They don't give you a ***field or make you invincible - they train your body to an immune response.   So, while smallpox is officially eradicated - the vaccine was introduced in 1796 but smallpox wasn't eradicated until the 1970s.  The vaccine did, however, prevent a lot of death and prevent a lot of people getting seriously ill.

When you accept the vaccine isn't magic. That it reduces the chance of you getting seriously ill or dying - then it's a different beast.  That yes you can be vaccinated and still catch, spread, covid - but equally you can catch covid and later catch it and spread it again.

It is because of the good vaccine take up that covid has become a lot less of a threat - to the point it does probably matter less if someone is vaccinated or not.  Most people have probably been vaccinated and/or had covid to the point the threat is reduced... at least, so long as we've still got a base immunity.

But whether you've been vaccinated or not, had covid or not, you can and probably will get covid at some point.

So - this to me - is why someone's status doesn't matter too much.  I'm vaccinated, I'm not playing with idiots anyway.  If I do come into contact with someone unvaccinated, by choice, and they get seriously ill then... they took their chances.

"Im not playing with idiots??"

Whos the idiot?

Posted
1 hour ago, thatmauiguy said:

"Im not playing with idiots??"

Whos the idiot?

that - basically - I am in general selective who I play with (as, to a degree, we possibly all should be) 

there's been other threads over time about subs who are reckless or don't vet, or Dominants that simply don't know what they're doing - these are not the type of people I'd play with.

Whether someone is vaccinated, or not, isn't whether I would say they were an idiot, or not, but their general all round attitude.  I would say, probably, someone is an idiot if they're going to try to play with symptoms, or hide a positive test or otherwise lie - regardless of their actual status : or, if I requested a LFT started arguing over my boundary.

And I think this is a big thing sometimes - while I will play with someone who is unvaccinated - other people won't, and that's their boundary : and people who don't respect that and argue about it (a) don't respect boundaries (b) probably are a little bit hypocritical if say, getting vaccinated is a boundary for them.