Switches: How did you find out you were a switch?

scientistxSaturday

Posted
Well, I just always wanted to try everything… but still haven’t experience with a good dom.
Posted (edited)

Hmmm, interesting question 😃

I attribute the discovery of being a switch to my inquisitive and empathetic nature. I've recognized my kinkiness very early, while still being a child. And when I started exploring my kinks and incorporating them into childhood games (many times unknowingly, especially in the early times), like playing Pirates or Cowboys and Indians and tying our victims up, not only did I discover I like to be the one who ties or imprisons the victim, but I also enjoyed to be the victim, because I wanted to know what it is like.
So, for me it evolved naturally, while having fun with other kids.

Edited by nullstein
Posted
Got to the second line... then stopped reading.

I do not believe 'switching' is an identity. Nor is 'Dominant' or 'Submissive'.
It's a role. And it doesn't define me. Just what i like and what works for me.

That's my only answer.
Posted

In short, by looking in my pants when I play or watch stuff 

Posted
It really just depends on the partner, the dynamic, and the vibe at the time. Agreeing with others here, it’s a role and not an identity. It just depends on the circumstances.
Posted
I've switched from slave to master in a session because the Dom idea of suppression was not powerful enough to conclude session
Different Doms Diffrent practice
Posted (edited)

Agree with Jen and Eyem it's just a role, I like to be in the moment and see what develops. Sometimes I'll want to take the lead other times I don't. 

Ideally I would like to have a relationship with another switch.  Oherwise if the other isn't into experimenting and trying different roles, ultimately one of us will loose out. 

Edited by Vic1077
Posted
Agree with most of the comments here saying it's just a role. Both my late wife and I were switch's and trust me when I say when both people in the relationship are the same it ands for interesting play time. It also helped that both my late wife and I are also bi so that added even more fun to the mix in the bedroom.
Posted
always a dom, i was woth a girl that was a switch but didnt explore her dom side yet, i felt her masculin energies and it drew out my feminin energies..later i was meditatimg and uncovered these fantasies..sneaky how they were hidden
Posted
I feel as though everyone has a Dom and sub side to them, it just depends on who you’re with, what side shows through. People can be more dominant or more submissive however matched with different people in I’d assume one roll would take over. I’ve been asked before what if I met another switch, what would happen, to which I responded that we would naturally decide who takes what role.
Posted

I realise I was sub it was my thing.

But when a dom tried to tell me what to do I was like hell no. I pinned him to the wall. Little 5 foot me. He was  very tall  an worked out. I said there was no way he would ever top me. I don't know I can just tell if some one isn't dominant enough for me and I switch . It's happened a few times.

But it also depends on if I want to actually serve the person . We're as master just as a look or a tone of voice and I know to behave. But I also love serving him.

Because the reward when he pulls me in his arms and calls me his baby qnd I'm a good girl is hot 

Posted
I used to think I was fully just a sub but I dated this girl who was also a sub for 1 year and really wanted to make her happy so I tried to be a dom and I ended up loving it
Posted
I never knew I had any sub/Dom side before I was actually told so by one of the girls. I never felt any desire to cause *** or to degrade intentionally my partners, but was/am active and... Not sure if it is a correct word, let it be leading side. As time passed, I found it enjoyable to let the things go as well, serve&please, though I still stick more to be a leading side. Finding a way to be both at the same time is really intriguing for me right now:)
Posted
So I realized I was a sub with men and then when it came to women/non binary I was comfy do both roles
Posted
I discovered switch by rewarding my partner and fulfilling thier fantasies. I was surprised by the level of love I felt in submission
Posted

The definition of switch is kind of muddied I think.

I definitely want to take the controlling role often but I don't mind switching sometimes. The way I see it I'm doing something involving sex with a woman I'm in a relationship with which she enjoys.

Not my itch but I'm happy help her fulfill her kink occasionally 🤗.

Maybe I'm not a true switch since it's not my fetish.

Posted
First I thought I was just a Dom, then I realized that I liked the things I wanted to do to other people. I explored sub space and little space and found I'm more of a sub but still a switch. All in all, power exchanges are hot! 🥵
Posted
My step sis used to spit in my mouth and sit on my face. Real story. Always liked being sub. Anyway, I dated some girl who was a real piece of shit (phys ***d me) and then I discovered my dominant side. I like to communicate before hand now
Posted
An x showed me that I was a verse the power swap can be very freeing embrace yourself like no one else ever will
Posted
I'm the same way small things but I'm trying to find out if I'm that way on everything
Posted
Sub=helps me deal with the sexual *** I experienced as a young man.
Dom=helps the caregiver in me
Posted
Sunday at 12:35 PM, sailorandmermaid said:

Exactly!

Posted
I’m just starting to experiment with this and I didn’t realize that you could have “subsonas” and “domsonas” as a switch. I took a quiz and apparently I’m 100% a switch and 91% non-monogamous (my wife didn’t like that being 74% vanilla and 24% non-monogamous).

Has that helped your sexual experiences going into that sub/dom persona as a switch?
Posted
June 19, sailorandmermaid said:

This is perfect said.