Thoughts on video chats before agreeing a date/meet

Posted
On 6/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, Pleasurecalculus said:

I don't think it's that strange, because catfishing isn't that much of a concern. Anybody that's been on the internet for a while can spot most fakes from a mile away, and as someone that actively seeks out those kinds of things, it's rare that I see anything even remotely convincing

but then there are men who are not new to the internet who complain about being scammed.

by admission - a lot of the profiles I look and think the type of men who fall for these it's like falling for bugs bunny in drag.  

But then there are also experienced guys who want to have the other person jump hoops to prove they're real.  

Posted
I can't remember the last time a dating site match wasn't just a scammer 😔 I always require some sort of verofication, and always end up disappointed.
Posted
I think it's a great request I'm all for it
Posted
Aas yourself its a must for me, to iliminate the catfish risk, to get a feel for the person how they interact in person and to see if I fancy them.
In my opinion, if the person is not willing to chat on video for 5 minutes then I'm not willing to carry on the conversation
Posted
I think it’s a great idea. Cuts down on cat fishinng and if it’s a go it will only add to building sexual tension:). Good Fore play starts as soon as possible so why not indulged before hand. Also can help with comfort level.
Posted
I agree, I think it helps immensely. I would love to video chat with potential partners, or potential friends
Posted
I tried pushing the button for video chat a couple of times and nothing happened, didn't hear a ring or anything.
Posted
19 minutes ago, las-vegas489 said:
I tried pushing the button for video chat a couple of times and nothing happened, didn't hear a ring or anything.

Had you agreed to video chat with the person in advance of pressing the button?

Posted
Push the button harder it will work 👍🤣
Posted
No I have not, I'm new here and and I'm learning the ropes; pun intended. I got my email verified but I never got my phone number verified, is that an issue also?
Posted
If someone doesn't video chat with me then we're not meeting. Period.
Posted
Pro vid chat . Serves to verify spam accounts , see if the person matches those pics there sending , if there actually down forwqhat they say they are , come to the arrangements and seeing if theres a fit . So many positives with requiring a vid chat especially if its an arrangement tgat is casual .
Posted
Thank you for all the great information everyone, safety, safety, safety
Posted
I can see the benefits of video chats. In my case, it is not a requirement, but I wouldn't mind it either. There were times I had video calls before dating someone and I definitely felt more at ease.
Posted
Ya video chat is definitely a great idea to do
Posted
Recently had someone who wouldn’t video chat and started making excuses. Blocked them on everything. I started to see red flags everywhere and that their profile was fake.
Posted
2 hours ago, NaughtyNikki33 said:

Recently had someone who wouldn’t video chat and started making excuses. Blocked them on everything. I started to see red flags everywhere and that their profile was fake.

There is so much of that on this site it's ridiculous....one of the reasons I had to stop as a paying member. I was being inundated with fakes, left and right. Otherwise, it's a great site. Just wish FET Admin would be more proactive about going after these profiles rather than waiting for members to report them. But on the other hand, once reported, FET IS on it.

Posted
I’ve started doing the same thing, and it cuts time wasting down a lot because most people on this app are fake and they reject my suggestion of a video call 😂
Posted
Your not being unreasonable at all. Like I personally have never really had anyone even ask to have a video call with me lmao so id probably be a little awkward at the start of it, as lame as that sounds, im pretty new to this site and scene. But honestly, before meeting up i would hope something like that would happen. It should be important on both sides for sure. Thanks for bringing this up cause honestly i wouldnt have thought about that until it was BAM happening and id be all fkn weird and stumbling on my thoughts 😅. If theres anyone that wants to video chat me sometime and let me know how that is supposed to go down and what to look for as far as authenticity goes, itd be greatly appreciated. Message me or somethin. Thanks again, good subject. Glad I found this site! To real ones on here, You are awesome!
Posted
I’m sooo pro it 🥰 not just as a safety thing - but also because they can be very enjoyable! I agree with the ‘not exactly nice reasons’ to do it, but the pleasure in getting to know someone through a video call (be it kinky or not) is so real to me. I feel like this side of it is often undermined. Thank you for bringing the subject up 💕💕
nineinside
Posted
I agree, it is a great way to introduce as genuine people, and have some safe dates, kinky or vanilla
Posted
I think video chat is a great way to make sure you are safe. Along with telling a trusted person they you are going to meet someone new and you’ll be back at a certain time. Or even have them call you when you are going to be meeting them. And having a distress word, something like, how’s my dog? And they would know to call the police. Would rather have all the safety nets and not need them than end up in a *** doc.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Great way to get a vibe check. Also if they don't want to. Ask why that is...hmmm
Posted
These days it's the safest route to travel
  • 2 months later...
Posted
I don’t think I would meet someone that refused a video or a pic authentication. Trust is something earned.