Rules

ArmyLittle

Posted
This is a great question! I would like to know toošŸ’—
Posted
I would think that would be a discussion between the Dom and little ....talk about what you like and dislike , maybe write your thoughts down and Dom writes their thoughts down. Come together and read both and agree (or disagree) on the rules . The Dom is in charge but the little still needs ro be respected.
Posted
Rules, boundaries, thresholds and of course limits work both ways. As long as you're discussing them with your Dom, then its all good.
Posted
Personally no I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s bad because then you both know what you want out of the relationship
Posted
Perhaps you can label them your needs or requests. I wouldnā€™t appreciate a little trying to give me ā€œrulesā€
Posted
Much respect for anyone willing to write an instruction manual for potential playmates šŸ˜
Posted
4 hours ago, MistyGBM said:

I would think that would be a discussion between the Dom and little ....talk about what you like and dislike , maybe write your thoughts down and Dom writes their thoughts down. Come together and read both and agree (or disagree) on the rules . The Dom is in charge but the little still needs ro be respected.

No Ma'am.Ā  The "Dom" is only in charge if they abides by the parameters set up between the two. The moment he or she violates them they need to go and lose all credibility.Ā 

Posted
absolutely not bad. It shows self awareness and allows for good communication before starting out on you journey together x Any Domme /Dom would see this as a positve for and if they don't t then say good bye.
Posted
Rules, limits, boundaries, expectations, needs and wants, everyone has them regardless as to the type of relationship you're in. DDlg is no different and certainly points for discussion by both/all parties
Posted
All dynamics are different so while some would accept rules, others won't. I've seen once a submissive that is active in the scene saying that her Dom has rules as well (for example, if she cooks for him, he must eat the food she cooks because she puts effort into it and him not eating it would be disrespectful; another rule was that if her Dom broke any of her expensive lingerie/outfits, he had to buy her a new one - I found all those rules very reasonable and so other Doms). So there is no good or bad into how you want your relationship to look like. As long as everyone has consented to it, I see nothing wrong with both sides of the slash having rules.
Posted

Ok so I've tidied up this forum topic and hidden some comments!!! Please keep to the topic and not fight and throw insults!!! If I see it again I won't hesitate to dish points out, thank you šŸ™‚

Posted
A whole book? Thats impressive.

I dont personally think I would subject myself to a whole book of rules willingly like that.

I think a lot of others wouldnt either, but I could be wrong.

As always I think its up to negotiation, but if you want to hear what the silent majority think, Im going to guess they probably think its a bad idea.

Any time you try to codify a personal relstionship, you make it conditional, cold, distant, and it kills the attraction. Even as a Master, my usage of rules is very sparse and simplified so that it doesnt intrude into the quality of the relationship itself.
Posted
11 minutes ago, HouseofMinos said:
A whole book? Thats impressive.

I dont personally think I would subject myself to a whole book of rules willingly like that.

I think a lot of others wouldnt either, but I could be wrong.

As always I think its up to negotiation, but if you want to hear what the silent majority think, Im going to guess they probably think its a bad idea.

Any time you try to codify a personal relstionship, you make it conditional, cold, distant, and it kills the attraction. Even as a Master, my usage of rules is very sparse and simplified so that it doesnt intrude into the quality of the relationship itself.

ArmyLittle is a little? Perhaps their book is written in crayon? Maybe its a picture book depicting their rules?
No offence @ArmyLittle

Posted

I think it shows you are invested in the relationship and you have undertaken some sort of reflection in terms what of your needs are.

I also think it's a great test for the Dom both immediatelyĀ  and in the long-term. As a Dom, are you willing to accept a sub who has an idea of who they are and what they need? As a Dom are you able to adhere to the rules set by your Sub?