Overly Filtered Faces.

Mr****

Posted
Agree with I-Am-Dolan, it’s about vibe, but important to make sure you vibeing with reality ( at least for me). A lot of scammers out there putting false profiles out there using photos they pulled off the internet (I.e identify theft)
Posted
I personally am one of those 'overly filtered images'. Basically I live in a small town and run a locally well known business. I think that some discretion is required to maintain at least some privacy. I'm also grown up enough to appreciate that if it's about looks, sooner or, later rejection or, acceptance will inevitably be revealed.
Posted
Hides the wrinkles without the cost 🤣🤣🤣
Posted
I personally cant stand filters. I dont want to see stars on your cheeks. I want to see YOU. And if there's any makeup on, I want to know that YOU can put it on, with skill, and effort.
Posted
I met with someone in person and was very disappointed when they didn't have butterflies on there face, bunny ears and a complexion like butter.... 🙁🙁🙁🤣
Posted
Make-up is fine to enhance a face but artifiicial image enhancement should be a no-no.
On a slight tangent: this is not a public site/app; one has paid a fee to join this private site and my opinion is that all “members” should have verified images, not a neon pink outline of a head.
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mr-Brown said:
I met with someone in person and was very disappointed when they didn't have butterflies on there face, bunny ears and a complexion like butter.... 🙁🙁🙁🤣

Haaaaa.

Posted
I personally am not a fan of filters, although many cameras have them built in. I’ve worked hard for my laugh lines, and am proud of them. My imperfections tell a beautiful story, so why hide them. I would not engage with a man if his photos were overly filtered, that to me may be a sign of insecurity and a possible red flag. Honesty and communication are key. There is no need to string someone along if there is no attraction, and to feel bad shows you have empathy. Good luck to you, Horror.
💙💎
Posted
I believe some filters are okay. But then again I don’t always feel like I look good myself. And I think if someone looks that different? Then those filters shouldn’t be allowed! I don’t wish to deceive others and I like to think of myself as beautiful from time to time. So occasionally I wear light makeup and slap a light filter on. I also try to keep full body photos and natural photos in my profile so that way I am not deceiving anyone at any time! Not all people are like that! And some people want to deceive you. So be wary and safe!
Posted
1 hour ago, tunbridge-wells143 said:
Make-up is fine to enhance a face but artifiicial image enhancement should be a no-no.
On a slight tangent: this is not a public site/app; one has paid a fee to join this private site and my opinion is that all “members” should have verified images, not a neon pink outline of a head.

I didn'tpay to be a member here?
Anyone can sign up and scour the profiles

Posted
2 hours ago, Gregster said:
Filters: excessive Make-up - what is the difference? In my opinion, a connection is not based on looks anyway. Each to their own.

Agreed, there's no difference between using a filter than make up which doesn't even need to be excessive to enhance/hide features. You can typically tell when one or the other has been utilised.
Unlike Botox if done well and which will change your whole face shape. No one would even know until 18mths after the fact when my jowls droop to my clavicle

Posted
Thank you 😊 finally a guy who is honest about that!
Posted
2 hours ago, Daddy_Emo said:
Some people do have jobs where being exposed could have serious consequences

If the consequences are that serious then they should not have a public profile… period and end of story.

What? No one working in the public sector are allowed to express themselves in an online environment?

Posted
What if, in all my pics i'm wearing my best push up bra and everyone thinks i'm a c cup and not the actual b cup i am?
No different than picking up a guy in a bar and getting home for him to find he's got less than the handful he expected. How would you have managed that?
Posted
Lol I'm glad someone's saying something 🤣yes u do see a LOT of heavily "filtered" profile pics. It's a bit sad to say but I've kinda gotten used to them. A well trained eye can see through the BS enough to get at least a general idea of what the person looks like. & Yes I imagine those people expect such comments. The level headed ones anyway. We do unfortunately live in an overly entitled society where people get very upset over even the slightest criticism. So I usually keep my mouth shut & use my brain to "unfilter" as much of them as I can lol idk. No shame on those who use heavy filters. People can do whatever they like as far as I'm concerned. It's just amusing that someone brought the issue up.
Posted
In my opinion & listening to friends talk abkut taking pics, I find it often stems from confidence & insecurity. I have a couple of filtered pics on my account. The rest are just good angles & lighting. I also don't really wear make up often either.

I have however been accused of not being who I say I am recently & using pics of someone else. I'm pretty sure if I was going to steal someone's pictures I'd choose an upgrade on me. 😆 On some occasions we just can't win even just being ourselves.

That being said people can look different in their pics without filter or make up as well. I know how to hide my double chin without them, I'm sure plenty others do too. 🤣

I however am not particularly attracted by looks so on the whole it doesn't bother me, as long the person I'm speaking to feels comfortable to show themselves privately I don't see it as an issue how they portray themself publicly.
Posted
slight filters are one thing but over doing it - wouldnt sit right with me. If a guy did it - I'd feel guilty not being attracted naturally but thats life. I need that to work on.
Posted
People will use filters to to about the same level of their own self-delusion, so for me filters are a good indicator of that.
Posted (edited)

There are so many reasons people use filters. Color can change a picture as well. In the beginning, any party should leave if there is no, or lost the attraction. You should be with someone you are attracted to outside/inside, and the other person deserves to be with a person who is madly attracted to them as well. For me, how do you politely leave without hurting them, and giving a negative experience?. 

Edited by Deleted Member
Wrote it wrong.
Posted

I think what this thread is revealing is

women : reduce the amount of creeps in your inbox by using more filters ;) 

Posted
I think it’s just quite very simple and people just want to be younger and the filters do that for them. if you make yourself look 15 years younger and you attract someone and then they walk out on a date, you can’t say that that person is shallow for walking out because there’s somebody already mentioned it’s false advertising.
Posted
I've went out on dates with people who looked completely different from their online pics. Usually guys in my area use filters to make their skin look lighter and with rosy cheeks. If I already liked them, it makes no difference to me. If I don't find someone attractive I'll go on with the date then tell them later I felt no chemistry, simple as that (which ends up happening sometimes, not because of looks, but because of their personality)
Posted

terms like "false advertising" makes it sound like you're buying a set of non-stick pans which sticks rather than actually dating a real person

Posted

I know data can be flawed but it is interesting that there was one of those 'dating experiments' where they had the match turn up in a fat suit to see how the date would react.

When men arrived to see the woman in a fat suit 3 out of 4 walked out, one not even acknowledging her at the table and effectively ghosting her.  

When women arrived to see a man in a fat suit, they just shrugged it off and went through with the date.

There is psyche here which is important.   The women went through with the date because what had interested them was the personality, and interactions in the build up that there was enough to interest them in getting to know the person more.  Kinda dispelling the "you have to be a chad or rich" myth

The men, of course, were driven by attraction and any personality, interest in the person, 'connection' was unimportant.

Obviously I could see an argument of "if they lied about their build what else would they lie about" other than actually empathising with insecurities.  

The other thing, even without filters, touch ups, "old photos" we always choose photos which capture our 'best angles' anyway