Overly Filtered Faces.

Mr****

Posted
Some great points are made for both sides here, so I’m gonna come in with treat others how you wish to be treated. I find this is a very rushed environment and so if you get to the real face of a profile and think it’s not for you then politely say that and move on? Then how they react and choose why to do next is on them
Posted
12 hours ago, kiseu said:

There are so many reasons people use filters. Color can change a picture as well. In the beginning, any party should leave if there is no, or lost the attraction. You should be with someone you are attracted to outside/inside, and the other person deserves to be with a person who is madly attracted to them as well. For me, how do you politely leave without hurting them, and giving a negative experience?. 

There we go, somebody finally grasped it... how do you leave politely with out upset. Thank you!

Posted
5 minutes ago, MrHorrortown said:

There we go, somebody finally grasped it... how do you leave politely with out upset. Thank you!

Huh... I did?. I am not sure if I should say "you're welcome"?. I am confused...oh well.😅

Posted
11 minutes ago, kiseu said:

Huh... I did?. I am not sure if I should say "you're welcome"?. I am confused...oh well.😅

I must admit I could of worded the whole thing a lot better so apologies for any confusion.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, MrHorrortown said:

I must admit I could of worded the whole thing a lot better so apologies for any confusion.

You should not apologize, because it was not needed. It should be as it is... but, you are very sweet.💖

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted
To be honest, in lots of apps I come across people who have filters on their pics, I can understand some of the reasons and don’t want to be soulless so I just pass on those who do it.

I only see it as useful if you try to build up a character or being more anonymous, but if it’s something rooted on loving one’s self or insecurities.. I think it may be not healthy to overuse them, even if you are exposing yourself online, counting it as a step out of a comfort zone.

I hope I don’t seem harsh or offended anyone, love you all 💜
Posted
The premise of the entire advertising industry is to present something in the best possible light, in order to create attraction. We are innately built on a biological level to try and create attraction, so we can reproduce. Filters are only a tiny bit of the equation, camera angles, and certain light can be much more misleading. At the same time we are all doing it in one way, or another, especially in the heavily influenced by social media society we’re living nowadays. In fairness out of all the dates I’ve been on, no one has looked exactly like their photos (applies for me too I’m sure), their is always some flaws that get covered, but for me personally it’s not a massive issue, if I get to the point that I meet someone, I’m willing to give them a chance. Physical attraction is just the tip of the iceberg. Of course there is nothing wrong with rejecting the person if you don’t feel you like them, it’s part of the game.
Posted

Wanted to bring this to light. I have been the rejected person. I knew they lost the attraction, and sensed they only wanted to meet for "other" reasons... hint, hint. This was not fair for me. So, then I had to find a polite way to leave. 

Posted
Right, some of you just aren’t getting it.. so I guess I’ll break it down, I’m not referring to art y camera angles, makeup, different cup sizes, I’m talking pics that look like a a molten thumb with eyes and pair of lips. Come on now.
I’m not talking Creative/art shot.

Lord!
Posted
1 hour ago, MrHorrortown said:

Right, some of you just aren’t getting it.. so I guess I’ll break it down, I’m not referring to art y camera angles, makeup, different cup sizes, I’m talking pics that look like a a molten thumb with eyes and pair of lips. Come on now.

Lord!

May I ask what is "Molten Thumb"?🙈  I hope I won't get punished for this?.🤔

Posted
I just ignore them because their bios are normally red flags too.
Posted
5 hours ago, MrHorrortown said:

Lord!

you aren't getting it, they are the people you are talking about lol

Posted
15 hours ago, kiseu said:

May I ask what is "Molten Thumb"?🙈  I hope I won't get punished for this?.🤔

Ha! .. it’s like your standard thumb that’s been stuck in a furnace and melted smooth , perhaps a little hyperbolic but there you go 😂

Posted
11 hours ago, nihilistic-cvnt said:

you aren't getting it, they are the people you are talking about lol

You’re probably right there! 😏

Posted
3 hours ago, MrHorrortown said:

Ha! .. it’s like your standard thumb that’s been stuck in a furnace and melted smooth , perhaps a little hyperbolic but there you go 😂

Thank you.😊

Posted
I'm in agreement with the overly filtered pics or using old pics from when a person was younger. It's misleading and not genuine. A person is going to see you in person and you should look like you.
Posted

I think one reason why they only show the best versions in "hopes or thinks" there will still be an attraction, since both of you clicked in chat. There is a chance, but maybe 2% being positive.🤷‍♀️ 

Posted
People that use older pics is something I consider falsely representing themselves. The oldest pic on my profile is from last year, the newest as of 3 months ago. We all have our insecurities, but by hiding them from a potential partner is deceitful in nature and how can you build trust with someone if they lied about how they look in real life?
Posted
some filters that obscure the face are meant to do so and look really cool and artistic but those arent the ones you see generally.
Posted
No filters or really old pics! At least post one honest recent pic. It is a real let down to meet people who look nothing like I thought they might. I’m not that picky about the look of people, but I do want to see what you actually look like.
Posted
What if I just think I'm ugly and can't take a regular picture of myself LMAO
Posted
I ultimately don't care how people look, so I don't mind seeing them how they'd prefer to be perceived. 🤷🏻‍♀️