Does the word "New" put people off?

St****

Posted
8 hours ago, Sparkleswithleather said:
For me it's about knowledge, experience comes with experience. New doms aren't an issue, however someone who comes to you saying I think I want to be, a dom or a switch, then wants you to teach them every single aspect of what they want to learn is a bit much.
One of the things about being submissive is not having to think, plan and teach. That's basically being a sub acting like a dom.

When I discovered that I was a dom, my daddy persona was born, and even though I'm new I don't have any doubt in it and it all comes natural, so yes I agree you need to be a dom and not think 'I want to be a dom', and its okay to ask for advice as long as you are in control of the bedroom, before I even take it there I spend time getting to know what they want, so that way when it gets there I can be in control and push them to there pleasure point

Posted
10 hours ago, Sparkleswithleather said:
For me it's about knowledge, experience comes with experience. New doms aren't an issue, however someone who comes to you saying I think I want to be, a dom or a switch, then wants you to teach them every single aspect of what they want to learn is a bit much.
One of the things about being submissive is not having to think, plan and teach. That's basically being a sub acting like a dom.

Knowledgeable, but inexperienced might give the OP more content than simply "new". As has been said there are plenty of resources for knowledge. Also bear in mind that there is a very wide spectrum of what individuals like/want/crave. Finding someone whose demons play well with yours is the philosophers stone.

Posted

another thing also - and this is true with any level of experience

I think most people would prefer someone inexperienced they can connect with and grow with - than someone experienced where kink is the only thing in common

so kink is important, but, you are more than your kinks (and so are they)

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

another thing also - and this is true with any level of experience

I think most people would prefer someone inexperienced they can connect with and grow with - than someone experienced where kink is the only thing in common

so kink is important, but, you are more than your kinks (and so are they)

Oh 100% you need to connect more than just kink, just that's the common ground that you can build upon, but for that, you still need someone to actually talk to you, so the same problem arises

Posted
I don't think new puts people off. I think it allows someone more experienced to go on a journey together with you plus experimentation and finding out what you like and don't like is also pretty fun and can be quite surprising and inspiring
Posted
Must have 8-10 years experience in related field. Bachelors degree in finance required.

Frankly, I would view your honesty as a plus. I think it’s better to find out up front than to be told while talking or (dread) to realize it during.
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
it's not bc ur new its bc ur a dude. supply and demand
Posted
New isn’t off putting per se. I find the honesty refreshing and everyone was new once so it’s nothing to be embarrassed about, but I get why people are. For me, knowing they are new will help me support them better on their journey and make sure they’re safe
Posted

New in itself should not be scary or offputting. You are both learning (or should be) in any dynamic, so you need to be really open and communicate both your needs.

There are lots of things you can read from books and indeed munches and talking to others but they will all have to be adapted for the individual you are wtih.
Anything involving retraint or ***, I would suggest you read everything you can as these things can be unitentionally dangerous.

I think the most important quality (and the most difficult to learn) is the ability to listen to and read the other person. Some life experience here can be just as valid as kink experience.