Kink and colour

Sp****

Posted
Black, definitely. But I’d like a few reds. A few purples. Maybe even some dark blues.
Posted
I would make it look like a castle dungeon
Posted
(50%) Grey is my favorite color. The castle dungeon is a great idea.
Posted
I totally would have a pink dungeon, for me as a princess to submit that would be so lovely 😍 I can see a pink wooden horse and X
Posted
I have a dungeon, and I use photographers backdrops so I can change the colour of the walls and the ambience. I have white, black, purple and scarlet, and can have all walls the same color, or mix and match.
MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

Piano black, deep purple and a nice strong leather red, variable lighting to set the mood

Posted
a really nice dark green colour
Posted
Darker tones definitely set a better mood, i think. My first thought for me would be a darker red or purple. I just like those colors personally, and I think if you're just in an environment you enjoy, then it naturally adds to the enjoyment of what you do in it.
DarkArts1066
Posted
Pick a deep purple , and use soft, dimmable lighting. With a dimmer, as the room darkens that deep purple colour begins to resemble a dark red. Choose the colour of your furniture wisely. Try and avoid anything shiny and metallic re: furniture if you can - light glinting off of a bright metallic surface can be distracting to a sub on their way into subspace.. (sounds mad, I know, but I’ve had feedback to that effect) dark reds work better than blacks with the lighting I mentioned above.. as does dark wood. Fixtures and fittings - flat black all the way.

And keep the place clean and tidy - out of sight is often out of mind.
Everything should have a home, and every piece of furniture should have its own space.

Just my humble opinion, but that combination has worked for me so far …..
Posted
The super dark shade of black. And lavender
Posted
Orange 🧡
At least for me, bright colors represent life, living, and happiness. That's the vibe I want in my space, you can keep the black
  • 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

Colour psychology can come into it and how we perceive / react to colour....

Green is the colour most easily accepted by the eye ......  so is easiest on the eye.

We generally perceive RED as the colour  of danger / emergency etc

Purples and reds are often associated with heat and passion

Orange is quite a safe colour

Then we can use colours that work with each other or against each other....  so red will 'pop' away form a blue background, similalry magenta from a green background......

So a lot to play with and then you can start adding lights... maybe LED colour changers will give you  the ability to change the mood...

Edited by callipygian
Posted
Bright and showey colors for me. I want to be seen.
Posted
I have a dungeon, and rather than rely on ***t I have different colour curtains I can hang to set different moods. I have deep red, purple black or pink. Through experience I've found that the deep red seems to generally work best aesthetically although it does depend to an extent on the sub, our dynamic, and also the kind of play. Babygirls tend to prefer the pink, although a few of my babygirls have had a goth sensibility and preferred the black. Black or red seems to work best for more sadomasochistic sessions, while the purple goes well with more sensual play.
  • 4 months later...
Sh****
Posted
That’s interesting. I hadn’t thought about associating colours with different kinds of play. I would probably go with purple as well partly because it’s my favourite colour but mostly because gentle/sensual play is what I’m into most of the time.  
  • 1 month later...
Posted
Red
Can stimulate energy and happiness, but can also make negative emotions more intense, such as those associated with danger or failure. Red can also stimulate your appetite. In one study, athletes wearing red uniforms won more weight classes than those wearing other colors, which could be because red is associated with aggression and anger.
Orange
Can evoke warmth and coziness, and stimulate creativity. In an international survey, 44% of people associated orange with joy.
Yellow
Can be welcoming and sunny, and may promote intelligence. survey, 52% of people associated yellow with joy.
Green
Can make positive emotions stronger and negative emotions weaker, and can also help with creativity. Green can also be tranquil, restful, and invigorating. survey, 39% of people associated green with contentment.
Blue
Can be soothing and calming, and can be associated with wisdom, hope, reason, and peace. However, some shades of blue, like navy, can also seem mature, conservative, survey, 35% of people associated blue with relief.
White
Can convey a feeling of newness, and may have similar effects to green. survey, 43% of people associated white with relief.
Pink
Can be fun, lively, and positive, and can also be associated with love.
Purple
Can be associated with pleasure, mystery, nobility, and glamour. survey, 25% of people associated purple with pleasure.
Black
Can be associated with sadness, nobility, mystery, and coldness. survey, 51% of people associated black with sadness
BadJokesNRopes
Posted

***ted black but with red light LED strips.

Posted
Black with blue accent, and silver metal work. 💙💙💙
  • 1 month later...
Posted
If your making me feel more like your sub or little or sissy I would feel more in my role tied up in pink and purple that's just what my gfs usually make me wear I outfit colors lol
Posted
Orange for the walls with strokes of black here and there.