BDSM in the mirror of reality

earthyangel

earthyangel
Posted

Many things happen in the last few years. Did Ā you do any adjustments in your BDSM lifestyle/behavior/habbits?
Did some of those changes if there were any, stayed with you? How changes effected you?

Posted
Beside the obvious adjustments that come from an increased experience, and those coming from the relentless collection of years on my shoulders, the most impacting event was obviously COVID. It impacted every aspect of my life, as well as everyone's life obviously, and my Dom side was included.I now find my approach to new partners to be more slow and somewhat cautious. I do enjoy the dance of flirting more, taking much more time than before.
That also changed how I interact with them, I would say I've become more empathetic towards the person I have in front of me. If I have to describe it in simple terms, I would say I've become a softer and more caring Dom than before
earthyangel
Posted
8 hours ago, ItalianPassion said:

Beside the obvious adjustments that come from an increased experience, and those coming from the relentless collection of years on my shoulders, the most impacting event was obviously COVID. It impacted every aspect of my life, as well as everyone's life obviously, and my Dom side was included.I now find my approach to new partners to be more slow and somewhat cautious. I do enjoy the dance of flirting more, taking much more time than before.
That also changed how I interact with them, I would say I've become more empathetic towards the person I have in front of me. If I have to describe it in simple terms, I would say I've become a softer and more caring Dom than before

It sounds like you value the people and the mutual journey more. that is good thing in my opinion that happen to you. if you ask me, a Dom should be caring for his sub, the one that gives her power to his hands.

Posted
17 hours ago, earthyangel said:

It sounds like you value the people and the mutual journey more. that is good thing in my opinion that happen to you. if you ask me, a Dom should be caring for his sub, the one that gives her power to his hands.

I've always been a caring Dom, don't get me wrong, the pleasure of my partner has always been important if not the number one priority, but if before I was ok with some hookups and one night stands, now I find them hard to enjoy, since I don't feel pleasure without a deep connection

Undersated
Posted

I moved to Los Angeles. I'm working now to rebuild the BDSM-related support networks and educational opportunities I had in Seattle, and before that in San Francisco. One specific change is, I haven't been playing in public, going to munches, or going to classes here. I miss those things, but I know they'll come back, and playing in private has been just as awesome as ever.

earthyangel
Posted
5 minutes ago, LARopeTop said:

I moved to Los Angeles. I'm working now to rebuild the BDSM-related support networks and educational opportunities I had in Seattle, and before that in San Francisco. One specific change is, I haven't been playing in public, going to munches, or going to classes here. I miss those things, but I know they'll come back, and playing in private has been just as awesome as ever.

I believe that all changes are always for good. I bet the fact you are not going to such events, have some positive angle for the time being, even if you miss that. that is the nature of changes... and sometimes only with perspective of time we can see the value of things. and I mean value the time you have now, maybe to other things you didn't have before. maybe some self observation..? sometimes when our lives are too full, we forget we need to pause and reflect.Ā