Is there a name fetish name for having a fetish

lesdevon

lesdevon
Posted

Is there a name a fetish name for having a fetish for sex workers please 

Posted
Think it’s called being a Pay pig? I’m probably wrong lol
Posted
Yeah I want to say simp but it’s totally not but it so totally is.
Posted
We should come up with a name 🧚🏽‍♀️
Posted
Arguably to fetishize sex work, to make a thing of a thing that is a thing, but sex work is already kinda, ya know, thingy? This is a tricky topic because sex workers thread the line of “bro, you’re a client.” And “I really want you to treat me like a person.”It’s a shitty place to be a lot of the time, and for that to have appeal to a man, they either have to be in a shitty place or be a shitty person, or both.
Unexamined fetishism is weird. Unexamined fetishism around questionably consensual power dynamics is, often. Gross.
I didn’t find a coinable word for “Sex work fetishism.” Honestly, that might be a good thing.
adrenalina75
Posted
Also, a fetish is something you absolutely cannot have sex without. A fetish is NEEDED in order to be turned on. Usually people mean kinks when they say fetishes. But I don’t think enjoying sex with sex workers can be considered a kink particularly.
Posted
1 hour ago, adrenalina75 said:
Also, a fetish is something you absolutely cannot have sex without. A fetish is NEEDED in order to be turned on. Usually people mean kinks when they say fetishes. But I don’t think enjoying sex with sex workers can be considered a kink particularly.

I don’t think this is necessary true, And I don’t think that fetishism is necessarily talk to sex, and I think psychologist would agree with either of these assessments. I can see how the terms might have clearer utility if that were the case, but I don’t think fetish absolutism is even necessarily possible given that sex is rarely just one thing.

adrenalina75
Posted
It is true. I heard it (among other places) from a sex psychologist at a talk.
adrenalina75
Posted
A fetish is palaeontology is an item imbued with powers/magic (obviously, not really, but perceived as so). Hence where the term fetish in a sexual context comes from.
adrenalina75
Posted
In palaeontology
Posted
3 hours ago, Hyrrolar said:
Arguably to fetishize sex work, to make a thing of a thing that is a thing, but sex work is already kinda, ya know, thingy? This is a tricky topic because sex workers thread the line of “bro, you’re a client.” And “I really want you to treat me like a person.”It’s a shitty place to be a lot of the time, and for that to have appeal to a man, they either have to be in a shitty place or be a shitty person, or both.
Unexamined fetishism is weird. Unexamined fetishism around questionably consensual power dynamics is, often. Gross.
I didn’t find a coinable word for “Sex work fetishism.” Honestly, that might be a good thing.

Thank You for putting into words what I wanted to and couldn’t. Thank You.

Posted
1 hour ago, adrenalina75 said:

Thank You for this. I try and explain to others this very thing but getting into it at all let alone on a site called fet… doesn’t go over well. 🤷🏻‍♀️

adrenalina75
Posted
9 minutes ago, NexumSange said:

Thank You for this. I try and explain to others this very thing but getting into it at all let alone on a site called fet… doesn’t go over well. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You’re welcome. It’s a pet hate of mine. People are always saying they have a fetish when in fact they have a kink. In fact, half of the time it isn’t even a kink! It’s just something they like which isn’t kinky. For example, somebody said they have a fetish for poetry. What they actually meant was they like erotic poetry. IMO, that’s pretty typical. As in, ‘vanilla’ people enjoy sexy poetry. It’s meant to be sexy!

A fetish for poetry would mean that even non-erotic poetry would turn them on. Not all of it, obviously, but some sort of regular poetry. A fetish is when a non-sexual object or body part is absolutely necessary in order for the person to enjoy sex, either alone or with a partner(s).

I’m certain I’ll get many people disagreeing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted
14 minutes ago, adrenalina75 said:

You’re welcome. It’s a pet hate of mine. People are always saying they have a fetish when in fact they have a kink. In fact, half of the time it isn’t even a kink! It’s just something they like which isn’t kinky. For example, somebody said they have a fetish for poetry. What they actually meant was they like erotic poetry. IMO, that’s pretty typical. As in, ‘vanilla’ people enjoy sexy poetry. It’s meant to be sexy!

A fetish for poetry would mean that even non-erotic poetry would turn them on. Not all of it, obviously, but some sort of regular poetry. A fetish is when a non-sexual object or body part is absolutely necessary in order for the person to enjoy sex, either alone or with a partner(s).

I’m certain I’ll get many people disagreeing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well, I strive toward literal interpretation for clarity and want to not only put that forth in my own speech and such but gain it from others in attempt for understanding. I adjust myself accordingly as I learn. 🤘🏽❤️‍🔥

Posted
Yeah, I totally lost some HP reading this question.
adrenalina75
Posted
23 minutes ago, cnjfun said:
Yeah, I totally lost some HP reading this question.

HP?

lesdevon
Posted
58 minutes ago, NexumSange said:

Well, I strive toward literal interpretation for clarity and want to not only put that forth in my own speech and such but gain it from others in attempt for understanding. I adjust myself accordingly as I learn. 🤘🏽❤️‍🔥

Kinks and fetishes come in all shapes dont knock people kink shaming is bad

Posted
38 minutes ago, adrenalina75 said:

HP?

Hit Points (HP): noun
A unit of damage, used to specify the amount of damage a character can withstand before it is defeated.

lesdevon
Posted
3 hours ago, adrenalina75 said:

Kink shaming is not good

Posted
6 hours ago, icyprincis said:
We should come up with a name 🧚🏽‍♀️

There is a term, it’s called being a trick.

adrenalina75
Posted
33 minutes ago, lesdevon said:

Kinks and fetishes come in all shapes dont knock people kink shaming is bad

Which part of that was kink shaming? It was talking about the use of language.

adrenalina75
Posted
20 minutes ago, lesdevon said:

Kink shaming is not good

Again, which part of this was kink shaming?

Posted
7 hours ago, Hyrrolar said:

The OP didn't say this was unexamined, or examined. That's your assumption, and it's also irrelevant to the question (which is academic, a point about vocabulary).

The rights or wrongs of acting on a fetish don't affect the fact of whether it exists. Naming it and condoning it are not the same. Heck, paedophilia and necrophilia have names. So does CNC for that matter.

Posted
6 hours ago, adrenalina75 said:

So - the first part in particular - you're technically right on

traditionally the term 'fetish' was applied to things people needed and couldn't have sex without; whether that was getting hard, orgasm, etc.     

though in more recent years the usage of the word has effectively caused the term to broaden to also include stuff that gets you particularly aroused and/or heightens the orgasm.

But in either the older or more revised definition.

The difference between a fetish and a kink - is that while a fetish is something you need/have-to-have a kink is something you simply like that is outside the mainstream/vanilla.   And getting enjoyment from frequently seeing SWers is something which most definitely can be considered a kink; I mean there are others on this thread slamming him for it that aren't accepting, so lord knows what folk outside an alleged kink website would think :)