Is there a name fetish name for having a fetish

lesdevon

Posted
3 hours ago, cnjfun said:

There is a term, it’s called being a trick.

A trick is someone who has fooled themselves into believing they are in a relationship with a SWer.  Given the op is clear this is more of a kink of his rather than him outright stating he is in a relationship with one then this wouldn't be an appropriate term.

Posted
22 hours ago, lesdevon said:

Is there a name a fetish name for having a fetish for sex workers please 

there probably isn't an overall specific name because the likelihood is that what is driving the kink or fetish is a different root to that of just sex workers.

For example - it could be a form of Sexual Objectification if you are seeing them in the context of them as being an outlet for sex.

It could be a form of intimacy 

given that you are paying her, having sex with her, but she will never love you - can be a form of rejection fetish also

or, hell, even if you're just browsing listings and knocking one out then it can just be general fantasy - which of course, is what they sell.  

So ultimately it would depend what, specifically, you like about sex workers.

adrenalina75
Posted
32 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

So - the first part in particular - you're technically right on

traditionally the term 'fetish' was applied to things people needed and couldn't have sex without; whether that was getting hard, orgasm, etc.     

though in more recent years the usage of the word has effectively caused the term to broaden to also include stuff that gets you particularly aroused and/or heightens the orgasm.

But in either the older or more revised definition.

The difference between a fetish and a kink - is that while a fetish is something you need/have-to-have a kink is something you simply like that is outside the mainstream/vanilla.   And getting enjoyment from frequently seeing SWers is something which most definitely can be considered a kink; I mean there are others on this thread slamming him for it that aren't accepting, so lord knows what folk outside an alleged kink website would think

I don’t think I’m ‘slamming’ him for it. I hope you didn’t mean me.

Posted
1 minute ago, adrenalina75 said:

I don’t think I’m ‘slamming’ him for it. I hope you didn’t mean me.

I don't think you are; no.   Apologies if I came over that way. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Hotchpotch said:

The OP didn't say this was unexamined, or examined. That's your assumption, and it's also irrelevant to the question (which is academic, a point about vocabulary).

The rights or wrongs of acting on a fetish don't affect the fact of whether it exists. Naming it and condoning it are not the same. Heck, paedophilia and necrophilia have names. So does CNC for that matter.

Well since I’m being accused of being backhanded about it (which I am being), I guess being roundabout regarding using capitalistic paradigms as a fetish already has a word. “Conservative.”

Posted
24 minutes ago, Hyrrolar said:

, I guess being roundabout regarding using capitalistic paradigms as a fetish already has a word. “Conservative.”

I'm not sure; I mean Conservatives are typically anti-sex work.  

Which is ironic when there's beliefs in a free market; yet it's only a free market when it's things they feel should be marketted and their needs to control (particularly) women's bodies overrules their want to allow people to sell access

Posted
3 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I'm not sure; I mean Conservatives are typically anti-sex work.  

Which is ironic when there's beliefs in a free market; yet it's only a free market when it's things they feel should be marketted and their needs to control (particularly) women's bodies overrules their want to allow people to sell access

Ruinin’ my joke with yer facts and logic!

Posted
9 minutes ago, Hyrrolar said:

Ruinin’ my joke with yer facts and logic!

soz ;)

Posted
1 hour ago, Hyrrolar said:

Well since I’m being accused of being backhanded about it (which I am being), I guess being roundabout regarding using capitalistic paradigms as a fetish already has a word. “Conservative.”

I'm afraid I don't see how this reply relates to my comment. Or to the thread, if making it a reply to mine was accidental. Political beliefs however mistaken don't imply getting off on the way of thinking.

Posted
14 hours ago, lesdevon said:

Kinks and fetishes come in all shapes dont knock people kink shaming is bad

That isn’t at all what I’ve said or done.

Posted
16 hours ago, adrenalina75 said:
It is true. I heard it (among other places) from a sex psychologist at a talk.

I’m a psychologist. It Is literally the DSM dictionary definition. However, we can’t agree on definitions of anything ever, so the clinical definition need not be everybody’s definition

Posted
6 hours ago, Hotchpotch said:

I'm afraid I don't see how this reply relates to my comment. Or to the thread, if making it a reply to mine was accidental. Political beliefs however mistaken don't imply getting off on the way of thinking.

Look lady,
I thought I had done a pretty good job of explaining that in spite of my inability to procure a better, more power-equal term than “simp” to describe the type of person who actively gets off on sexploitation, that maybe such economic constructs over the top what once had no profit incentive either hadn’t made it into vernacular, or maybe wasn’t worthy of it, or maybe wasn’t merited given that terms of belonging are more relevant to sex needs than cash (profit addressing other needs that are in societal conflict with belonging).
My less-than-academic (because I hate texting) points addressed both, and it addressed, possibly, why. I was hoping most would read the metatext charitably. Obviously a mistake on my part, given the medium.
That you assumed it was a direct dismissal to -anyone- is of your creation. But to be clear, this is.

Posted

one other thing to be important

Simp is a slur.

While some have chosen to use at as a form of reclamation - simp in itself is misogynistic : Sucker Infatuated with Mediocre Pussy : implying both the male is stupid and that the woman is 'mediocre' 

it is not the correct term; it is a slur. It is an insult. 

adrenalina75
Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

one other thing to be important

Simp is a slur.

While some have chosen to use at as a form of reclamation - simp in itself is misogynistic : Sucker Infatuated with Mediocre Pussy : implying both the male is stupid and that the woman is 'mediocre' 

it is not the correct term; it is a slur. It is an insult. 

I had no idea it meant that.

Posted
3 hours ago, adrenalina75 said:

I had no idea it meant that.

Nor Did I, seems MGTOW incels forums at least seem to be an origin point, as he correctly points out.
but as Wittenstein so fondly says: meaning is use, and as many far-right terms do, float away from their original meaning into common vernacular. By the time it caught on to common parlance and everyone was using it, it is diluted to simply “someone who pays sex workers online for content.” with some ironic placement of “I have a favorite” and “I am subservient to them.” If you had seen some of the fanboy cringe fest stuff on amouranth and the mess that is that community, the placement of men in that slur is a lower bar than the women. ei: it’s not just misogynists who have utility to that word, and using it isn’t necessarily down-punching, nor drawing utility directly from incel origins. How and who it it used by matters.
I’d like to discuss this more, but I’m getting sick of being unable to edit/delete my post. I attempted to post a discussion about this frustration and it was shot down by mods. This is the only site I’ve ever seen that lacks this feature and it’s super concerning. Combined with this site’s handling of posts with profiles, I won’t be posting on this site anymore.

Posted

there's some who've tried to reclaim Simp - but being a slur it's one where it is effectively a title you can call yourself - but not really place on others without their consent 

there's a lot of different form of slang for people who pay SWers which are less slur based.

Some common ones are John, Client, Punter

So for example the website punting (which is a fairly awful website to be fair) is full of guys who pay SWers who share tips and recommendations with each other (which is what often makes it awful because some will make bad reviews about ladies if they don't get their own way)

But then these are forms of slang to describe a person, and not really a name of a fetish/kink 

I think as I put above a term there would depend in what someone wants out of the experience.  There's a guy I met who works in adult who started via being a client and his day job at the time was in media (skills he uses now in his adult job) which would often be long days with ad hoc breaks - and kinda a mix between wanting (in his words) to empty his balls, but also pass the time - and so he'd browse through some listing sites, see who was available and book in for a quick session and so in his case it was arguably through sexual objectification

But someone else might book longer sessions and in those cases it's often a case of nutting early and then sitting and talking and that can be a big part of it.  There's different motivations for different people. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, bluebirdbitesyou said:

the kink term is being a paypig

a paypig is a specific form of submissive who is into financial domination, not someone who is seeing SWers