Kinky cooks

Mr****

Posted
Anyone got any yummy recipes? Please no weird stuff Im talking about stuff like ribs, casseroles, etc.
Posted
I have a great meatloaf recipe that is really easy. You take any kind of stuffing chicken, turkey, pork, and make it up. Then you mix it in with the ground meat with ground meat and some barbecue sauce. Then you put it into a loaf and put barbecue sauce on the top. Oh my God it is so good. I bring it to pot and it’s always gone. The stuffing makes it so moist.
Posted
Potatoes Barbaton aka Potatoes Lyonnais

This is intended to be a side dish and serves 4-6 as such. I often make it as an entree, serving 2-3 with this recipe.

2.5 lb. small potatoes, peeled and halved or large potatoes, peeled and cut to 2" chunks
1.5 lb. onions, peeled, halved and sliced or pearl onions, peeled and the ends trimmed
1 lb. lean slab bacon, (rind removed if it's present) and cut to 1" cubes
2 cups beef bouillon or 2 cups water with 2 packets or cubes of beef bouillon powder (avoiding the packets/cubes approach is much preferable)
2-3 tbsp. softened (not melted) butter
2-4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2-1 tsp. black pepper, ground
bouqet garni consisting of 2 bay leaves, a small bunch of parsley and 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme or 2 bay leaves, 2 tbsp. dried parsley, crushed and 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed

Heat large, heavy pot (cast iron ideal or dutch oven) over med-high heat for a couple of minutes, then add bacon. Cook until lightly browned on all sides. Add onions and garlic and cook in bacon fat until clear, making sure they don't stick or burn. Add remaining ingredients except butter (liquid should come about 2/3 of the way up the potatoes - add a bit of water if needed to reach that level), reduce heat to medium low and simmer covered for about 20 minutes. Carefully stir so that the potatoes that were at the top are shifted to the bottom of the pot (liquid should now come about 1/3 of the way up the potatoes - add a bit of water if needed). Cover and simmer for an additional 20 minutes. Check liquid level - there should be a small amount of sauce - if there's more than 1.5" of liquid around the bottom of the potatoes, increase heat and boil lightly uncovered until desired level is reached. Add softened butter to the top of the pot, recover and allow to sit off the burner for 7-10 minutes. Hold the lid down tightly and shake to gently mix the butter into the sauce. Serve at once.
Posted
Deliciously/simple - Bayaldi (aka Imam Bayildi, Imam Bayouldi, etc.)
This dish is known, with minor variations, from Persia to southeastern Europe... as far north & west as the Ottoman Empire extended. The name means "the Imam is excited" or "the Imam fainted."

About 1 lb. each of eggplant, zucchini and tomatos, peeled and sliced to 1/4-3/8" thickness (cut eggplant in half lengthwise before slicing if using large ones)
1 lb. onion, peeled and sliced to 3/8" thickness
1 cup shredded sharp cheese (old cheddar, swiss, ementhal or a mixture) or 1/3 cup olive oil
2-5 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
5 tbsp. butter, broken into small pieces
several sprigs of fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped or about 1-2
tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
2-4 bay leaves, crushed
black pepper, ground, to taste
salt, to taste
olive oil

Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a large, deep casserole with olive oil. Cover the bottom of the casserole with the onion, then layer the zucchini, eggplant and tomato, in that order, on top of it, seasoning each layer with a bit of garlic, thyme, bay leaf, pepper and salt. You should be able to get 2-3 layers of each and it is important that the top layer be tomato. Dot the surface with 1/2 of the butter and bake for 30 minutes, then spread the cheese over the top, dot with the remaining butter and bake for another 20-30 minutes, until golden brown on top.

An alternative is to cover the bottom of a shallow casserole dish with the onion, then lay parallel and slightly overlapping rows of the three vegetables over the onion. Personally, I do not recommend this alternative.

Note: If using olive oil instead of cheese, pour over the surface of the vegetables before dotting the top of the casserole with the first half of the butter.
MasterDarcy1979
Posted

I'm a partially trained Chef so I don't really like to share my recipes, however, I don't want to leave this thread without leaving something:

Potatoes au Gratin

Method:

Use the chipper side of the grater and grate a potato (or as many as you like) or use a knife to cut the potato into slices.

Make a basic roux with butter and flour in a pot.

Grate hard cheese and add 3/4 of it into the roux. Add as much milk as you wish*

Add a tsp of Dijon Mustard.

Add the potato slices into the cheese roux.

Stir the contents of the pot till the potato slices are all covered in cheesy goodness.

Pour the contents of the pot into a roasting tray.

Spread the 1/4 of the grated cheese evenly on top of the Potatoes au Gratin.

Cook in oven at 190⁰ for 15 minutes or till the Potatoes au Gratin is golden brown.

Bon appetit!

(I don't like to use precise measurements so rule of thumb is to play it by eye)

Posted
I love talking food, reading and sharing recipes, experimenting.. but weird is subjective and I don’t know how to respond to this post.
Posted
Smoked ribs. 2-2-1 method. Apply binder (mustard or vinegar based hot sauce (wont taste)) apply favorite seasoning heavily. Let seasonings adhere and absorb into meat (at least 20 minutes no more than an hour). Set smoker to 225 degrees. Let ribs cook for 2 hours at 225. Then wrap in foil with butter, brown sugar/honey, and more seasoning. Cook 2 more hours. Unwrap and apply bbq sauce if preferred (i prefer not) back on smoker for 1 hour or until probe tender. If you dont have a temperature probe use a wooden skewer the skewer should slide in with no resistance almost like warm butter. Or if you have a thermometer 200-205 degrees internal temp.
Posted
I've won a few state ribbons with my apple pie. For the crust you want 2c flour, 1c shortening or lard, 1/3c buttermilk, pinch of salt and sugar and some ice water to get the desired dough consistency. There isn't an exact measurement dough can change with humidity, altitude etc. This will make a bottom and top crust. For the filling peel and slice 5 granny Smith apples and one large pear. Keep your slices in a bath of ice water and lemon juice while you prep to keep thier crunch. Mix the slices with 1 1/2c of white sugar, 1/3c flour, 2 TBS of cinnamon, 2tsp of nutmeg and 1tsp of cloves. Grease or flour your pan, lay down the bottom crust, layer your slices don't just throw them in there, apply the top crust and brush it with some buttermilk before it goes in and halfway through baking to prevent over browning and get an extra flaky crust. Bake at 425 for 45-55 minutes.
Posted
"Rattlesnake Bites" (amazing snack)

2 c pepper jack cheese. Shredded
3 jalapenos, finely diced
1 c flour
2 eggs
1/4 c milk
1 1/2 c fine breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt.
oil for frying

In a bowl combine shredded pepper jack cheese and diced jalapenos. Mix well.
Shape the cheese mixture into small balls, about an 1 inch diameter. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and freeze for about 30 min.

Meanwhile, prepare 3 bowls for breading.
First, the flour. Second, eggs and milk
Third, bread crumbs, cayenne, paprika, salt and garlic powder.
Heat oil to 375 degrees
Roll in flour, dip in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs.

Fry and enjoy!

Sauce:
Sour cream
Mayo
Prepared horseradish
Chives
Garlic
Black pepper to taste
Posted
I love talking food, reading and sharing recipes, experimenting.. but weird is subjective and I don’t know how to respond to this post.

To clarify weird I mean stuff thats either just gross or unsettling. For example I heard this one couple saved the placenta from when they had a baby and baked it into cake.
Posted
Stuff like that
Posted
35 minutes ago, MrPatc said:

To clarify weird I mean stuff thats either just gross or unsettling. For example I heard this one couple saved the placenta from when they had a baby and baked it into cake.

I would put that on the list of things he's 'not' looking for lol 😂

Starving
Posted

I just love shrimp! This recipe is the bomb!

Homemade Shrimp Caesar Wrap
Ingredients:
For the Wrap:
16 medium shrimp
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup croutons
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup prepared Caesar salad dressing (or amount to taste)
4 flour tortillas, warmed (tomato tortillas work well)
For the Marinade:
1/2 cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or substitute with cilantro)
1 teaspoon salt
Instructions:
Marinate the Shrimp:
In a bowl, combine olive oil, chopped garlic, lemon juice, cracked black pepper, chopped basil (or cilantro), and salt.
Add the shrimp to the marinade and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
Cook the Shrimp:
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until pink and cooked through. Set aside.
Assemble the Wraps:
In a large bowl, toss the chopped romaine lettuce with Caesar dressing, croutons, and parmesan cheese.
Lay a tortilla flat and place a portion of the Caesar salad mix in the center. Add 4 cooked shrimp on top.
Roll up the tortilla, tucking in the sides as you go, to create a wrap.
Serve and Enjoy:
Cut the wraps in half if desired and serve immediately.

Hope you enjoy 😉 

Posted
26 minutes ago, Abandoned_WoIf said:

He asked the question and I answered and even gave an example of what I meant. What can I say?

Posted
4 hours ago, MrPatc said:

Well what one person likes and is willing to eat ….
As far as human placenta, that’s rather another matter as there are myriad reasons for consuming it.
Anyhow, how do you feel about sushi? It’s “gross” to a lot of people but I’ve got a simple recipe for an easy roll…

Posted
3 hours ago, Abandoned_WoIf said:

Clearly. Lol
I do appreciate them ‘clarifying.’

Posted
Ratatullie >Rat trap to scrotum
Posted

I marinade a beef joint overnight.

Marinade , mix the following.

Fresh Rosemary chopped 

Djon Mustard, or English 

Crushed fresh garlic

Runny Honey 

A ton of Worcestershire Sauce.

Every few hours brush on the marinade, let it sit overnight.  Coat again before placing in the oven.  If you want a crispy outer layer add extra honey and brush on for the final 40 and 20 mins of cooking to glaze.  The juices make an epic gravey.  This is my go to joint for Christmas or special occasions.

Posted
To answer the sushi question. If it doesn't feature anything that came from a people. Isn't a literal piece of shit, Isn't piss, or any sort of chemical or biological waste matter, then its kosher.
Posted
Crack Chicken. Google will explain the recipe better than I will, but you're welcome
Posted
Green beans, potatoes, bacon or ham in a pressure cooker for 22 minutes. I don't generally even like green beans - they suck but I'll eat a a shitload of them made like this! Sub cabbage leaves or collard/mustard greens Oh lady dats gooooood
Posted
Green beans one of those foods thats horrible to eat by itself but have this effect that makes them the best part of the meal when combined with something else especially if its meat.
Posted
Mr Patch - been eating those foul little legumes since I was a kid - like them or not. I'd say that's worth a research thesis at least, lol.
Posted
Surfer Daddy - we used to do that and with the coffee we would use was espresso really fine ground espresso. On a rib got ribeye steak with red cabbage and the balsamic vinaigrette I was the soushat at the Suncoast resort hotel in St Petersburg Florida at the late '90s and that was one of our signature dishes Ernie loved