Best friends

al****

Posted
I was thinking about it in these days... if you have a mistress, she can be your partner and that's ok but if she is not your partner, could she be your best friend? 🤔 I would be happy to hear some real life cases in this community 👍
Posted

Absolutely, for me and many of my friends in the lifestyle the deep genuine friendships are a vital part of things. Just because I'm not *in* love with a play partner doesn't mean I can't love them and care about them a great deal. 

Just as an FYI though not all Dom women are "Mistresses" for some it's even an off-putting term. 

Posted

I feel any concept of can this person be my friend, best friend, etc. the answer is always yes.

Posted
On 7/19/2024 at 7:00 AM, eyemblacksheep said:

I feel any concept of can this person be my friend, best friend, etc. the answer is always yes.

Regarding social interpersonal relationships, yes I'd agree for the most part.

Though I'd have to argue with the "always" because I have the tendency to be rather literal when it comes to word choice. There are ethical hindrances in some cases, your therapist for instance is unlikely to become a friend and remain your therapist for example. 

Posted
I've had play partners who I classify as friends - in fact if we weren't friends on some level we wouldn't be play partners.
A relationship doesn't have to be defined in the traditional sense and involve deep and meaningful feelings or commitment or exclusivity - the key is being open and honest about what you want and both people being in agreement as to what that is.