Any tips for getting psyched up?

Jiih

Posted

I'm not a natural Dom, as my personality and preferences lean the other way. My partner, however, is really into me acting the part, so I'm trying to learn how to get "in-character" and improve as a Dom. I'm happy to do it, as I'm into role play and the couple sessions we've done have a clear beginning and end.

It's all pretty light stuff, mostly possession and praise with a little Master and sadism thrown in. So nothing super advanced or risky, although I wouldn't mind throwing in the occasional surprise. 

I know being a Dom is more than just play-acting, which is why I'm trying to learn to capture the mindset. I'm always jazzed to learn new things, so anything that can help me improve is great!

E-dUbBs
Posted
My advice is only from experience and possibly not the best way but I tend to like to send a sub to get ready and tell me when they are (usually it’s better by text etc) while I wait elsewhere. It gives me a little bit of time to think before we start a play scenario
MasterDarcy1979
Posted (edited)

The only tips that I can give are to be serious. Be authoritive and focused.

There are billions of different caveats and variations to what makes a Dom a Dom, so you'll pretty much have to talk with your partner and discuss how hard or how soft they like to be dominated and how far they wish to take it.

I am natural Dominant. For me, it's like I have a switch that turns on and what comes next is intuitive.

Edited by MasterDarcy1979
adrenalina75
Posted
No. You don’t need to be mean. 😂 Unless that’s what they want, of course.
Posted
Has your partner said what aspects of dominance she would like you to portray, then you might focus on those to begin with? Have you ever done acting, or amateur dramatics, or watched performers in a theatre? Although it’s a very wide generalisation to say, an actor when not on stage, is just an ordinary person, who doesn’t wander the streets as their character from their performance. How do they get into character? What visual and mental strategies are used to gain characterisation? What techniques of handling equipment, to support that role, have to be learned to appear convincing? What language, delivery, tone, pace, facial contortions have to be studied and worked on, to appear “real” to those watching, or their fellow performers? How much time have they used to hone their part? So, maybe if you can master some of the techniques used in theatre, and you can build on your alter ego and new persona, enough to convince your partner, then take a bow, and wait for the round of applause.
Widowkj
Posted
Find a character, actor portrayal, someone you wish to emulate. Then channel that person for your scene. Just keep thinking 'what would ??? Do? ' use your self confidence to bring your role to life. Step into that role and do your scene. Remember to let them go back to being a character after. And don't forget after care.
Posted
Has anyone yet mentioned books that can serve as a constant reference? Or is that an outdated concept?

Some books to consider as a newcomer:
The Dom’s Guide to BDSM, by Matthew Larocco
The Dom’s Guide to Submissive Training, by Elizabeth Cramer

These are basic. But given that you’ve mentioned that dominance isn’t your natural state, learning nuts and bolts will probably benefit you.
Posted
When you can't make it fake it and may start feeling good as you try it more... Search for that side of you It is there hanging out take a better look; It's in there
Posted
3 hours ago, Widowkj said:
Find a character, actor portrayal, someone you wish to emulate. Then channel that person for your scene. Just keep thinking 'what would ??? Do? ' use your self confidence to bring your role to life. Step into that role and do your scene. Remember to let them go back to being a character after. And don't forget after care.

Or, maybe music to get amped up.

Recommended: "Uppercut Symphony", "Head of the Table".

Posted
Take full control, he must serve you as the goddess. Think of like that
Posted
16 hours ago, CumbriaLeather said:

Has your partner said what aspects of dominance she would like you to portray, then you might focus on those to begin with? Have you ever done acting, or amateur dramatics, or watched performers in a theatre? Although it’s a very wide generalisation to say, an actor when not on stage, is just an ordinary person, who doesn’t wander the streets as their character from their performance. How do they get into character? What visual and mental strategies are used to gain characterisation? What techniques of handling equipment, to support that role, have to be learned to appear convincing? What language, delivery, tone, pace, facial contortions have to be studied and worked on, to appear “real” to those watching, or their fellow performers? How much time have they used to hone their part? So, maybe if you can master some of the techniques used in theatre, and you can build on your alter ego and new persona, enough to convince your partner, then take a bow, and wait for the round of applause.

Yeah, we've had talks about it. I have some some improv and such, but nothing professional. Maybe I'll invest in watching some different styles of doms do their thing, but I'm not sure what a good source would be. I feel like just watching rando vids on the 'Hub would give a skewed picture. Good thoughts tho.

Posted
16 hours ago, Widowkj said:

This is a good idea. I just have to think of a good role model lol. And yeah, after care is a must.

Posted
16 hours ago, HommeEtranger60 said:

Has anyone yet mentioned books that can serve as a constant reference? Or is that an outdated concept?

Some books to consider as a newcomer:
The Dom’s Guide to BDSM, by Matthew Larocco
The Dom’s Guide to Submissive Training, by Elizabeth Cramer

These are basic. But given that you’ve mentioned that dominance isn’t your natural state, learning nuts and bolts will probably benefit you.

I don't think it's outdated. Thank you for the recs!

Posted
12 hours ago, dominionhub said:

Or, maybe music to get amped up.

Recommended: "Uppercut Symphony", "Head of the Table".

Ooo music is a good idea. I'll have to try that.