Meeting a new Dom

Posted
Just now, white_rose said:

Would you speak to a woman in conversation like that?  You might speak to your subs like that but it's not acceptable to speak like this to anyone in conversation. 

This is a forum for discussion. Please leave your dominance games out of it. 

Actually, I am submissive as you are. The only difference is that I am male and you are female. The point I was making was that *** (in any form) affects everyone. Going back to the thread of the conversation, it is about taking safeguards to ensure that this does not happen. Of course, physical *** is always more severe but the psychological effects of any kind of *** can have an impact on confidence and the ability to interact with other people. This is also one of the reasons the authorities offer a victim support service without assessing the severity of the crime, as it affects everyone differently.

I do sincerely apologise if my previous comments came across as being offensive to you. This was most certainly not the intent. 

Posted (edited)

Funny I hadn't realised this post was share your scare stories

Edited by quietlysure
Posted
4 minutes ago, Carnelian2 said:

Actually, I am submissive as you are. The only difference is that I am male and you are female. The point I was making was that *** (in any form) affects everyone. Going back to the thread of the conversation, it is about taking safeguards to ensure that this does not happen. Of course, physical *** is always more severe but the psychological effects of any kind of *** can have an impact on confidence and the ability to interact with other people. This is also one of the reasons the authorities offer a victim support service without assessing the severity of the crime, as it affects everyone differently.

I do sincerely apologise if my previous comments came across as being offensive to you. This was most certainly not the intent. 

Thank you. I accept your apology. You are right about psychological ***. It can be just as difficult to recover from; sometimes harder because it's more difficult to prove. I am a survivor of domestic ***. I get a bit heated. I get very defensive of other young women on the scene. 

• Two women a week are killed by a current or former partner in England and Wales alone. 
  • In the year ending March 2019, 1.6 million women experienced domestic ***. 
  • Almost one in three women aged 16-59 will experience domestic *** in her lifetime. 
  • It is estimated that around three women a week commit *** as a result of domestic ***. 

These statistics are published by the charity Refuge. 

Men are also victims of ***. I did not mean to imply that that is acceptable. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, quietlysure said:

Funny I hadn't realised this post was share your scare stories

Stop being a douche

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think it's really brave you're going in despite previous negative experiences.  It's good to not let them hold you back and shows big strength on your part.

If this prospective new Dom is trustworthy, they will appreciate if you need to take things slow or go a certain way - that you have had bad experiences you don't want to hold you back but that, exist and happened 

If they are understanding about this - then it's a good sign to progress this.

I agree. It is very brave and takes a lot to just keep going. Especially if you know that you have to step back into the battlefield where you had several lose before.

I strongly admire people with the spirit of a warrior who will stand in front of adversity and overcome their ***s. And believe that this is a way to get where you wish to be.

4 hours ago, quietlysure said:

My pleasure Bratty, though you do appear to be a charming young lady, despite your name 😁🤗

She is indeed a lovely person. The sad part is that such nice people are more prone to be hurt and tend to face more bad experiences. And these experiences leave bigger scars on them. 

@Brattyb94 Follow your heart and how you feel about it, not the path you are getting blindly pushed to.

Just keep yourself safe and stay out of trouble. You are a young girl and there is a whole world for you to discover.

Chin up! ;)

Edited by DanielHoup
Posted
26 minutes ago, DanielHoup said:

I agree. It is very brave and takes a lot to just keep going. Especially if you know that you have to step back into the battlefield where you had several lose before.

I strongly admire people with the spirit of a warrior who will stand in front of adversity and overcome their ***s. And believe that this is a way to get where you wish to be.

She is indeed a lovely person. The sad part is that such nice people are more prone to be hurt and tend to face more bad experiences. And these experiences leave bigger scars on them. 

@Brattyb94 Follow your heart and how you feel about it, not the path you are getting blindly pushed to.

Just keep yourself safe and stay out of trouble. You are a young girl and there is a whole world for you to discover.

Chin up! ;)

Such wise and lovely words as always @DanielHoup

Thanks for the positive words and support. 

I will follow my heart and make sure I'm safe. But I can't promise that I will stay out of trouble 😜

Daddyknowesbest8
Posted
Good luck subby and have fun
Posted
15 hours ago, Master-007-3969 said:

So your ok with a Dom not showing affection after a horrible thing like ***?? Your willing to meet back up. I respect that. Guess I think different as a Dom. Be safe keep us posted!

@Master-007-3969 it's not the same Dom. It's a different Dom. I have not spoken to that Dom since it happened. I was just sharing my experience to why I was nervous for meeting this new Dom. And I will do! Thank you 

7 hours ago, Daddyknowesbest8 said:

Good luck subby and have fun

Thank you! 

Posted

So met, I'm okay but not the dom for me 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Brattyb94 said:

So met, I'm okay but not the dom for me 

Happy it went well. That is the thing, though, spending time to see if there is a connection. It takes patience and perserverence and a fair bit of both. 

we also learn from the ones that don't work out

Posted
15 minutes ago, Carnelian2 said:

Happy it went well. That is the thing, though, spending time to see if there is a connection. It takes patience and perserverence and a fair bit of both. 

we also learn from the ones that don't work out

Well we didn't really spend that much time together, it was very rushed before abit of play (not much play) then he had a emergency in regards to his daughter... (who he didn't mention after over a year..)... By boy 👋

Posted

Well I'm glad you're ok young lady😁, and I'm sure you'll find the one for you xx

Posted
I'm so sorry you went through that... In my experience it's pretty hard to find a good human and finding a good human who is also a true dom, that's a tall order. But they are out there. We just have to take the time to get to know a potential dom. If he's a good human, and a real Dom, he'll understand that
Posted
3 minutes ago, TheAlphaSub said:

I'm so sorry you went through that... In my experience it's pretty hard to find a good human and finding a good human who is also a true dom, that's a tall order. But they are out there. We just have to take the time to get to know a potential dom. If he's a good human, and a real Dom, he'll understand that

Thank you for your kind words. Yeah apperently it is hard to find. I just want a daddy dom who wants to go to festivals and gigs with me and we get on with out kinks too 

Posted

Many things can happen when you meet someone. I recall what you said about him not mentioning his daughter after a year of talking. I have met various Domme that definitely did not fit their age on the profile, nor anything else. I still give them a chance, as you did - then we live and learn :)

Posted

I'm disappointed for you that it did not go as you had hoped, many of us were really rooting for you. A partner to share festivals and gigs with sounds awesome! But so long as you are okay that is the main thing. Will keep everything crossed for you for the future.

Posted
7 hours ago, Carnelian2 said:

Many things can happen when you meet someone. I recall what you said about him not mentioning his daughter after a year of talking. I have met various Domme that definitely did not fit their age on the profile, nor anything else. I still give them a chance, as you did - then we live and learn :)

Yeah, it's a big thing not to mention. His not contacted me today either. I guess we are both on the same page which makes things easier. Yeah exactly, you meet someone and there is either a connection or there isn't a connection 

4 hours ago, Aranhis said:

I'm disappointed for you that it did not go as you had hoped, many of us were really rooting for you. A partner to share festivals and gigs with sounds awesome! But so long as you are okay that is the main thing. Will keep everything crossed for you for the future.

Aye, its all part of the life though. I went round to my friends afterwards and we had a few drinks and cuddles so got aftercare off of them ha. Yeah be nice to meet someone I have things in common with outside of kinks. I'm okay thanks. And thank you 

Posted
1 hour ago, Brattyb94 said:

Yeah, it's a big thing not to mention. His not contacted me today either. I guess we are both on the same page which makes things easier. Yeah exactly, you meet someone and there is either a connection or there isn't a connection 

Aye, its all part of the life though. I went round to my friends afterwards and we had a few drinks and cuddles so got aftercare off of them ha. Yeah be nice to meet someone I have things in common with outside of kinks. I'm okay thanks. And thank you 

I'm sorry to hear he's not contacted you since you met. That's just bad manners. 

Posted
3 hours ago, white_rose said:

I'm sorry to hear he's not contacted you since you met. That's just bad manners. 

Aye, oh well... Atleast I don't have to have a awkward conversation with him now.. Silver linings. 

• 1 month later...
wpgrooster-9583
Posted

Do not rush into things. Meet for coffee at a public place of your choosing. Let a good friend know where you are and who you are meeting. Enjoy your coffee, watch and listen carefully. Do not let yourself be pressured into anything. If you hit it off great. Be polite. Listen to that little voice in your head. Safety first. 

Posted
On 3/3/2020 at 9:57 AM, wpgrooster said:

Do not rush into things. Meet for coffee at a public place of your choosing. Let a good friend know where you are and who you are meeting. Enjoy your coffee, watch and listen carefully. Do not let yourself be pressured into anything. If you hit it off great. Be polite. Listen to that little voice in your head. Safety first. 

Thank you for the advice. This meet was at the start of the year and it didn't go great. Weird experience. 

I now have a daddy dom who I have known for years (we were friends for 6 years) he recently moved back to our home city. His very loving and caring... Unless I'm being bratty 😏. Really hit it off when he came home. We have alot in common kink wise and hobbie wise. We just got each other very well.