Bdsm leaning symbols

MasterKama23

MasterKama23
Posted

Similar to upside down pineapple, are there symbols that anyone has seen to be used for d/s or m/s leaning? 

Posted
Apparently upside down pineapples are a sign for swingers
Posted
Triskelion, it's like the yingn yang but 3 parts
Posted
There are many. The leather pride flag has been incorporated into many different things for
Stickers and pins to tshirts. Also the triscalion has been used in similar ways with jewelry and accessories.
Posted
Of course if you want to get old school google the leather man’s hanky code
Posted
32 minutes ago, MikeT04281 said:
There are many. The leather pride flag has been incorporated into many different things for
Stickers and pins to tshirts. Also the triscalion has been used in similar ways with jewelry and accessories.

Leather Pride?

Can someone post a picture of this?

Posted
Goggle has them easily found
Posted

what types of things are you looking for ?   A "how to identify kinky people in the street" or a "How do I know if a house is having a kink party I can walk into?"

Some of the symbols of old are just that, that especially with the advance of the internet it's easier to find people.   Want to host a swingers party? You could host an upsidedown pineapple outside your door and hope for the best - or - you could just post on Fabswingers.

But in general... the Triskelion is the most obvious symbol.  Typically anyone displaying it will be kinky.

Things like day collars, which are mentioned, can also be a tell - but that would tend to imply they were submissive and likely owned/unavailable.   Also, however, stuff like collars have been popular in and out of Goth/Metal subcultures, so could very well be a fashion thing.

Hankie code can imply kink, but hankie code is a minefield - when it actually was more common what each hankie meant could vary not only by region but by SHOP - it's not completely died out but it's something again co-opted by fashion.  I guess if you are in a LGBTQ+ village then hankie code may be translatable, but if you're at a rock club they're just into music.

Posted
Stuff like this has always interested me.

On the one hand, it is a semi-concealed culture. But, there is no malicious intent and (generally) no legal consequences for it.

The fact that the code varies by shop makes me wonder how new people can find their way in.
Posted
27 minutes ago, dominionhub said:
Stuff like this has always interested me.

On the one hand, it is a semi-concealed culture. But, there is no malicious intent and (generally) no legal consequences for it.

The fact that the code varies by shop makes me wonder how new people can find their way in.

By becoming active in a community and invited into the circle. I’m sure there is munch or leather bar in your area or close enough of a drive to help you break the ice. Once you become known and trusted to an extent doors will be opened to you for other opportunities.

Posted
2 hours ago, dominionhub said:

(generally) no legal consequences for it.

there used to be; which is why/when stuff like hankie codes and pineapples etc were more common 50-75 years ago

2 hours ago, dominionhub said:

I won't say it no longer exists; but it is used less.  Whenever anyone mentions hankie code on here it is ALWAYS a straight guy - so someone who wouldn't use hankie code anyway.

How new people find their way in is they go to a shop in the gay village where they live, or to gay bars (and have conversations rather than signalling with hankies)

it's not a closed shop. Times have changed.  The need for this is less common.

you know collars, they came in kinda from ***age girls in the 1940s, it was bad social etiquette for girls to approach boys so how and where they wore their collar signalled of if they wanted boys to talk to them - around the neck was "no, I'm taken" - obviously not something needed to stand time. 

MyNameDoesntFi
Posted
20 hours ago, ***fullyGentle said:
Also ***rs and day collars

But there are also people who like wearing ***rs who are non kinky. I think back to the times I used to frequent the goth and metal clubs. But sure there's some crossover,

Posted
10 minutes ago, MyNameDoesntFi said:

But there are also people who like wearing ***rs who are non kinky. I think back to the times I used to frequent the goth and metal clubs. But sure there's some crossover,

yep - that's something to watch

but, I guess - you see someone clearly into rock/metal wearing a studded collar - fashion

you see someone not all that alt looking wearing a discreet metal ring collar - high percentage of being an owned sub 

MyNameDoesntFi
Posted
8 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

yep - that's something to watch

but, I guess - you see someone clearly into rock/metal wearing a studded collar - fashion

you see someone not all that alt looking wearing a discreet metal ring collar - high percentage of being an owned sub 

Very true

Posted
2 hours ago, MikeT04281 said:

By becoming active in a community and invited into the circle. I’m sure there is munch or leather bar in your area or close enough of a drive to help you break the ice. Once you become known and trusted to an extent doors will be opened to you for other opportunities.

Locally, I am only finding forums, not actual events. (Still looking, but to little avail.)

As for legal consequences, I know the history. Some of the restrictions were in place during my life. (I was born in the 70s.)

This forum makes things more accessible. But, it doesn't mitigate geography or simple numbers.

Posted
I'm alt.. yes I wear collars the defining difference is mine has a Id tag on it that says my name and who I belong to on it
Posted
10 hours ago, dominionhub said:

Locally, I am only finding forums, not actual events. (Still looking, but to little avail.)

a local sex shop can be a good place to start.   And if there is a local forum, there'll be someone on there knows what is happening.  Mind, some are still apprehensive to give details to just anyone - it's still a trust growing process.