Self-reflection

So****

Posted
Has anyone ever like examined themselves and their preferences and realized that they were way off kilter than they initially thought? When I first thought about sex I thought I'd be a total sub bottom, but a few weeks ago I found out I had a bit of a sadistic side (at least when it comes to writing kink scenes in fiction), and today I realized I'd top someone if I felt up to it. It's interesting to note how different I am than to how I thought I'd be!
Posted
The more honest you are with yourself, the more you may surprise yourself.
A site like this can help you be more honest with yourself, and THAT can be a good thing
Posted
I always saw myself as a dominant type but some friends laughed at me when I mentioned that during a discussion on the topic years ago. I decided to try submitting to my partner at the time and I found it really hot even though I don’t think she was really into it.

Point is our tastes can change over time and the more we experience will help determine what we truly like.
Posted
Absolutely! I started in the lifestyle as a sub. Never thought I’d go over to the dark side (😂) ever! Yet here I am, I’ve found myself and I’m a total Domme.
So, yes it’s possible. I have no desire to sub for the foreseeable future. But who knows🤷🏻‍♀️
Posted
22 hours ago, Cathrynn said:
The more honest you are with yourself, the more you may surprise yourself.
A site like this can help you be more honest with yourself, and THAT can be a good thing

I agree. I met my first submissive here, sooooo…

Posted

I have lines of thought - neither of which are ultimately a bad thing

The first is that - in kink, there's a lot of people feel they have to do something - like, have to be a sub or a Dominant, or assume cos they are like this in one life it applies to kink, or that because they're Dominant (or submissive) they have do x/y/z when maybe y and z aren't for them - or not do a/b/c when actually they might like the idea of b.

And I think a lot of people, I won't say wrong route, but they end up down a path that isn't ultimately right for them until one day they kinda reflect that there is either more, or something else, that is appealing.

The other line of thought is that in some cases there can be elements of conditioning and that's not necessarily a bad thing again - I was filming on Saturday and we were doing a CBT and Nipple scene which is not my jam at all - BUT in filming sometimes there's a little compromise - especially as you're working with others to get content that reflects a brand and will sell 

Anyhow... boing... suddenly an erection, was not expecting that - I was so unbelievably turned on.  I half think it was linked to something similar-ish I'd done a couple of months ago - and I think things can change what turns us on... although, mind, I was still glad when that scene was over :)

Posted
17 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I have lines of thought - neither of which are ultimately a bad thing

The first is that - in kink, there's a lot of people feel they have to do something - like, have to be a sub or a Dominant, or assume cos they are like this in one life it applies to kink, or that because they're Dominant (or submissive) they have do x/y/z when maybe y and z aren't for them - or not do a/b/c when actually they might like the idea of b.

And I think a lot of people, I won't say wrong route, but they end up down a path that isn't ultimately right for them until one day they kinda reflect that there is either more, or something else, that is appealing.

The other line of thought is that in some cases there can be elements of conditioning and that's not necessarily a bad thing again - I was filming on Saturday and we were doing a CBT and Nipple scene which is not my jam at all - BUT in filming sometimes there's a little compromise - especially as you're working with others to get content that reflects a brand and will sell 

Anyhow... boing... suddenly an erection, was not expecting that - I was so unbelievably turned on.  I half think it was linked to something similar-ish I'd done a couple of months ago - and I think things can change what turns us on... although, mind, I was still glad when that scene was over :)

Conditioning and counter-conditioning  absolutely a whole thing, It's super fascinating.