Online search and a familiar narrative

AmariOwned

AmariOwned
Posted

I’m pretty sure my question can not be answered but I will share my observations and opinions. 
whenever I research bdsm, submission, fet play ect…. I am always met with the same kind of pictures and women. 
There doesn’t seem to be a variety of difference. 
Why is this? 

I can’t help come to the conclusion, beautiful, toned, and those of a particular frame, seem more desirable or easier on the eyes. 

I would really love to hear others perspective on why the above appears to be more mainstream 

adrenalina75
Posted
Are the images you’re finding on Google? Or mainstream BDSM articles? Because in real life, it’s different (as you know). To me, it’s literally just the patriarchal world we live in that seeps into everything, including kink. So the images are of a ‘beauty ideal’ in the misogynistic sense. The images are most likely of models taken by photographers who have selected them for this standard of what a woman ‘should’ look like.
Posted
It's the mind connection that's most important .........
It's not so bad here but on another site flooded with nubile youngsters, it's hard not to feel unseen and old. X
Posted
The usual results that come up when searching for certain simple keywords such as “kink” or “fetish” are exactly what I’m not looking for, sadly. Reality is priceless but often overlooked.
Posted
Have had a chance to think about this, a lot of what makes a woman 'desirable' is dictated by the media.

We're bombarded by images of young women who are held up as the epitomy of perfection, ever wondered why love island doesnt have women who are a dress size 12+. Its because they want to sell the public unrealistic images.

Its also the same for men, look at most pictures of men in the lifestyle and they are slim and ripped, where are the pictures of men with dad bods who dont have the time to spend in the gym working out.
Posted
I would say it's probably a couple of things that have blended together. First of all, search engines are designed to notice what people click on and assume that that's the right answer to that question and then show that image more often than others. You can imagine that people who are just beginning to wonder about these things would see these images of these hot women with perfect bodies, in contorted positions which are rarely ever done would show up a lot. That's because somebody who's just exploring is more likely to click on photos like that then of the reality of the average woman or the average man...

Secondly, we really do live in a society where women and men are body shamed. I think the shaming occurs very differently for them. Men scorn and get funny looks and make comments to a woman who doesn't have that perfect body. Women just don't talk to a man that doesn't have that perfect body. Before we get a whole bunch of angry comments, that was a general statement meant to show an idea not a fact. But sex does sell and again as people search and then click on the results, they're still more likely to click on that sexy picture that might depict what they're talking about then the picture of the average person.

A little bit later in life, I think people begin to value what's between the ears more than between the legs. At least I think that happens for most people. We begin to look to try to understand how something might impact us by trying to see others who are like us who are already doing it. But the search results have already been skewed. But I can tell you this one thing. All you need is one result and once you found that result, click on it and many times you will find more results that resemble the first. And finally, we can learn from anybody no matter there age, their size, their weight or body shape, their color, political affiliation, etc. Be open-minded to what pops up and learn what you can there as well. I believed it kink is the result of a lot of times we walked down the wrong street and saw something we never intended to see and said... Oh, what is this? The above statement is my opinion and not presented as fact nor as right or wrong. If it offends anyone, you have my apology up front. The statement is put here just as a way of all of us communicating together and giving ideas. Hopefully some of what I wrote gave you guys some ideas as well. Thanks for reading