Is this normal? Advice needed

Posted

Is it normal to feel traumatised every time you get drunk? 

Posted

It would depend upon why you feel traumatised. If you have had past experiences which happened when you were drunk which were "bad" you may have formed a negative association with drunkenness (perhaps some manner of flashback syndrome, as I call it) - in which case I'd consider it perfectly normal.

Posted

Does being drunk make you feel *** and therefore bring on feelings of trauma? Or does being drunk magnify something that is going on in your life or something that has happened in the past? Whichever way both I'd say are normal (or not normal but understandable)  but if it's affecting you then probably best to give getting drunk a break. Often easier said than done i know as I went through a 2 year self destructive phase with alcohol, where I kept drinking even though the results were pretty much horrific

Posted

How drunk were you hon? Do you remember what happened? I think there is more than you’ve said 😔 I have felt traumatized after I drank, for many reasons but not after every time. Reach out if you need to talk xoxo

Posted

This may trigger past trauma or allow you to feel emotions related to a past trauma that you normally repress when sober.

Posted

Get drunk once like that, and then realize it's best that you don't again. I drink, but yiu have to know your limit, and it's well before passing out.. and everyone has a limit.

Posted (edited)

Booze is a massive depressant, can put anyone on a downer especially the days following a heavy "sesh". If feeling a little blue for whatever reason booze can magnify that sadness tenfold and is best left alone. I agree with all the other opinons, it has the capability to unlock doors our sober mind keeps firmly locked.

Edited by Deleted Member
Spelling
Posted
9 hours ago, VeryBadWizard said:

Traumatised in what way?

Like feeling anxious and like something bad will happen I guess 

Posted
7 hours ago, Mirixo said:

How drunk were you hon? Do you remember what happened? I think there is more than you’ve said 😔 I have felt traumatized after I drank, for many reasons but not after every time. Reach out if you need to talk xoxo

It was probably also because it was Friday... I know why and I probably was impulsive in my posting just because I felt so alone and anxious last night 

Posted
35 minutes ago, Donnykinkster said:

Booze is a massive depressant, can put anyone on a downer especially the days following a heavy "sesh". If feeling a little blue for whatever reason booze can magnify that sadness tenfold and is best left alone. I agree with all the other opinons, it has the capability to unlock doors our sober mind keeps firmly locked.

I agree. Bit of a train wreck at the moment...

thanks 😊

Posted
17 minutes ago, Messedup79 said:

It was probably also because it was Friday... I know why and I probably was impulsive in my posting just because I felt so alone and anxious last night 

You're not alone.. you have us.

I spent over 25 years drinking, every day. Been sober a while now. Drinking doesn't help. 

Keep posting, reach out. 

Am happy to chat if you want an ear x

Posted
21 minutes ago, Messedup79 said:

I agree. Bit of a train wreck at the moment...

thanks 😊

I know you are, only you can choose to walk another path and in time you will, when you are ready. Until then never alone, remember that 😊

Posted

Impulse or not, hopefully your reaching out brought some peace. Perhaps be easy on the drink in the future, and please continue to post when you need to find help in your thoughts; there are many in your shoes, you are never alone.

Posted
1 hour ago, Donnykinkster said:

I know you are, only you can choose to walk another path and in time you will, when you are ready. Until then never alone, remember that 😊

But I wrote a poem about that ...

the last line is 

I ended as I began 

Alone 

Posted
32 minutes ago, Cassafrass said:

Impulse or not, hopefully your reaching out brought some peace. Perhaps be easy on the drink in the future, and please continue to post when you need to find help in your thoughts; there are many in your shoes, you are never alone.

Thanks 😊 

Posted
10 hours ago, Aranhis said:

It would depend upon why you feel traumatised. If you have had past experiences which happened when you were drunk which were "bad" you may have formed a negative association with drunkenness (perhaps some manner of flashback syndrome, as I call it) - in which case I'd consider it perfectly normal.

Fridays and drinking are a bit traumatic for me. 

Posted

I think it can be normal to feel miserable, lonely, afraid and generally low when you get drunk.

I also think it's entirely possible to be taken advantage of if you are very drunk in public. Sobering up with a dawning reality of what happened or even what might have happened could be a very traumatic experience.

Whatever, you have been offered an ear by @Bounty who I think can be be trusted if you need support.

Posted
2 hours ago, Messedup79 said:

But I wrote a poem about that ...

the last line is 

I ended as I began 

Alone 

Alone doesn't always mean lonely x

Posted

On 11/27/2020 at 6:47 AM, alvarado539 said:

Just guilt for doing what u know to be wrong.

Wrong? Getting drunk is wrong?

Posted

Are you hurting anyone or yourself. Or do you wish you had more of that person 

Posted
On 11/27/2020 at 6:47 AM, alvarado539 said:

Just guilt for doing what u know to be wrong.

@alvarado539 If that is in reference to:

On 11/21/2020 at 9:50 AM, Messedup79 said:

Like feeling anxious and like something bad will happen I guess 

Then I think you might have slightly the misconstrued the context

Posted
On 11/20/2020 at 11:58 PM, Messedup79 said:

Is it normal to feel traumatised every time you get drunk? 

The only thing I have experienced so far with drink is hangover.  Not that I drink that often except on social occasions. 

I am not sure exactly what you mean by trauma.