FWB

Ne****

Posted
It depends on both parties, but experience says mostly it doesn’t work well at least for one side
Posted
it's a slippery slope in my mind it's great as long as both parties can separate feelings from fun it seems to be harder for women beautiful caring people that yal are
Posted
*if done correctly* it CAN be a viable option, yes. However... (lol)... Doing it correctly almost never happens. Usually someone or multiple people get hurt, unfortunately. It's just a matter of mitigating that hurt. Do not ever get attached. That is the key. I know it may seem impossible, & it very well may be for many people. It likely takes a certain kind of person who's able to compartmentalize their emotions in a way suitable for a FWB situation. Practice I don't think would help? lol you either can or you can't. 🤷‍♂️ lol sucks but it's kinda true.
Posted
Do you want to keep the fwb or not is the question
Posted
I have had fwb for year the key is to lay out ground rules and follow them at all times. Feels natural occurs more often then not. I have always told my fwb when that was happening and listen to there side of what they feel. If the feelings are not mutual then you have to choice. One is to be done with the arrangement and just be friends for awhile and see what happens. This is definitely easier todo the option number 2. And that is to bottle your feelings up and throw them away. But that can lead to all sorts of problems later down the road.
Posted
Fwb can definitely be done correctly. Just like a relationship, it has to be with the right person. Clear goals and boundaries, communication.
Posted
For ne I need emotional connection to f**k someone so fwb is perfect for me
Posted
Boundaries are key but 100 possible. It’s what I’m seeking but it’s been elusive so far.
Posted
It’s definitely possible if both parties are ok with it
Posted
Cam be very beneficial. Communication is key. My FWB and i do love each other but not in love with each other although i have more unreciprocated feelings and they are aware of this and have conversed on it. Ya just have to talk about your feelings together that way each knows exactly where he ippping points would be if the line was crossed so to speak.
Posted
Hello to you,
Sounds like you’ve got time vested, and you’re both attracted to each other. Enjoy what you have.
Posted

I think I’m in a really good position at the moment to answer this with first-hand experience. I was married for 10 years my divorce is final next month. I’ve been living out my fantasies for the last few months and I do have one particular dude that I f**k on a regular basis. He’s the only one that makes me repeat visitor. I was very open and honest with him about what I was looking for and how I wanted to keep it casual. I’m moving across the country next month so I really can’t get into anything serious it would hurt. Now I won’t lie there’s been a couple things that made me a little jealous but I know I don’t have a right to be. As long as you’re able to push through your emotions and not go flying off the handle every time you feel the negative ping it can work. My particular situation has been ongoing for the last two months do I like this dude? So so much! We’ve both vocalized that were said that I’m moving so there is going to be a little sadness when I’m gone. However the experiences that I’m having with this person definitely makes it beneficial. The fact that he throws the d**k like a f**king professional is just icing on the cake. I’ve been able to do things with him that I could never do in a long-term relationship. For example we just had a threesome with another girl a couple weeks ago. That was some thing I was interested in but nothing that I would’ve done with a partner because I would’ve been too jealous. He definitely gave me a little uncomfort after but not enough for me to regret the decision. Now I’m looking for another guy to join us and so we’re both experiencing things that we wanted but couldn’t get in other relationships. We’ve been talking to each other about the fantasies that we have and we’re trying our best to go through our bucket list before I leave.  it all depends on your situation too. I’ve had those types of relationships where they were much more businesslike and it was a Wham! Bam thank you ma’am on schedule days a literal d**k appointment. If it’s like that and you can keep your emotions out of it completely it takes away a lot of the fun but it also takes away the hurt you feel after the break off. I’ll also say that when you feel yourself starting to get attached put some space there. Don’t go and see them for two or three days. It helps you to stay partial to your actual agreement.

Posted
Beneficial I believe if done correctly and there is communication between everyone
Posted
It is 100% possible. Personally, I don't associate feelings w sex and idk why I'm this way. It's easy for me to have a FWB without catching feelings. I do believe that if you have caught feelings you should let the other person know. They may not be comfortable knowing they could end up hurting you; however, there's a small chance they could feel the same way as you. I was w my last FWB for a couple years. Neither of us ever caught feelings to my knowledge. I think you should listen to your heart and do what is best for you. You don't deserve to be hurt and you have the power to keep that from happening by walking away.
Posted
For ne I need emotional connection to f**k someone so fwb is perfect for me
Posted
I don’t think so as long you two know what’s your boundaries are
Posted
I usually communicate my expectations and boundaries very early on if the connection is right.

Communication is key in a relationship or F+ so being honest and open and being able to trust each other has always worked for me so far :)
Posted
On 7/13/2022 at 4:08 PM, Springbok78 said:

I would say it’s a case by case basis. I’ve had some FWB’s in the past that I got in great with and even years later when the dynamics have changed, we are still great friends, so it’s entirely possible. But the important thing is to be upfront and honest about intentions and wants.

This. Also I do not sleep with all my FWB's sometimes we just do light play so its easier to keep being friends without overly complicating things. I have such a fwb that I have known for years, that when we are both single we meet up now and then for some mutual fun.

Again though like any relationship, its different with different people.

Posted
Yes
If it’s done correctly it can be beneficial to both parties
Posted
I have had two different experiences with this. One works out great because we can handle not being attached. The other didn't work because she wanted more.
Posted
If you keep in mind what your doing and keep your feeling s separated from just sex it can work but if you have a hard time keeping them separate then no it will cause more problems for both ppl
Posted
Think that regardless feelings are involved but done right it works
Posted
If both parties are in agreement and in the same page then it's a great thing to have.