Didn't really know Financial Dom(me?) Was a thing

Posted

Hi, I'm fairly new on here and generally still a beginner in the BDSM lifestyle. I've heard of SugarDaddy but never financial Dom/FinDom before. Is it pretty similar and is it quite common? 

Honestly just sounds like exploitation to me 😂

Posted

It’s somewhat different as the guy is usually recieving domination (either as a form of ‘blackmail’ or exposure depending on what has been agreed). Usually subs who want this kind of service are using their disposable income to offer tribute or ‘blackmail’ *** to the dom/me. To an extent it is exploitation but it is consensual exploitation at the individual ‘gets off’ on the idea that they are either pleasing their mistress or their personal information (pictures, embarrassing videos, etc.) could be leaked to family and friends (however as with anything an established understanding will have been reached with the dom/me).

Posted

it's something difficult to gauge how common it actually is.

one of the big issues of course with Financial Domination is a lot of people don't really 'get it' yet still have opinions on how evil it is.

One of the reasons it's difficult to gauge popularity is that guys who are into it tend to remain quiet for a few reasons (1) speaking of those who don't get it, many women do not get it, and it does open inboxes to messages from people trying to coax cash (2) often receive backlash from other guys for "enabling it" 

Which is ironic in ways.

I've spoken with many women who do have Fin Subs and there's a lot of difference ways things can play out - and there's a lot of different things that guys can get out of it.

Sugar Daddy is a form of Financial Domination.

If it's genuinely exploitative - it is bad

But if it's consensual exploitative from 2 (or more) people who are into and aware - then - more power to them.

Incidentally - it's not my bag at all, but I'm seeing my Mistress this week and I'm giving Her a small gift - some might argue that is Findom...

• 5 years later...
Posted
Everybody’s got a hustle and everybody’s got expenses. If you don’t want to pay, you may not be able to play. no one forcing you to do it but watch out if you don’t pay, you could get screwed
  • 1 month later...
Little_Duck
Posted

Well if you ask me it is more common than you would think. There where already a couple men where i was a findom for. They did ask me to do it, i didn't post anything about that i am a findom or anyhting like that, still they keep coming to me.

I don't like people saying it is evil because indeed they say it because they don't really get it. It is a power exchange just like the other "kinks/actions" that can make you feel lower than your dom. Giving *** is followed by the feeling from being inferior or lower is turning them on.

A sugardaddy is someone that genuinly likes a younger girl and wants to help the girl financially and mentoring the girl. They want you to grow and like attention in return. They give *** for your time. It has nothing to do with a power exchange or bdsm. They aren't turned on by giving ***.

Frankstein
Posted

While communicating with a few Dominant Mistresses, who may have in reality been Misters posing as women, conversation topics matched a checklist of Identity Theft warning signs.

Posted
10 hours ago, Frankstein said:

While communicating with a few Dominant Mistresses, who may have in reality been Misters posing as women, conversation topics matched a checklist of Identity Theft warning signs.

I'm not really sure what allegations of Identity Theft have to do with Financial Domination.

You know who is the biggest at risk of any form of identity theft on dating sites? Women.  They don't get asked for ***, but do get asked for oddly specific forms of verification - although someone offering to SEND them *** may be trying to get bank details.  

If someone was going to run a scam as part of identity theft, they would be unlikely to ask you for *** - they might instead ask a lot of personal questions over a period of time - and stuff can be important to avoid; especially if someone is getting very familiar very quickly and/or claiming to know your area despite not currently be listed as being there (it's why they can't meet - innit, but they can still narrow down your address - "Oh, I used to love this coffee shop, is that near you, have you been?", "Yeah, it's not far from me" boom, massively narrowed down the address.) but asking for *** would blow the ruse when your responses are more important.

I dunno why a 5 year old thread from a deleted user seems so important to necro

Frankstein
Posted

It was personal questions aka "Come into my parlor." Said the spider to the fly. It's posted so I commented. If I'm not supposed to comment, take the post down.

Posted
financial domination is a sub genre of femdom. there are goddesses that will scam you, and some people enjoy that as part of the kink play. in nature it is exploitative, but everything is between consenting adults. some guys just think it’s hot to send pretty women lots of ***. most of the time there are other aspects of femdom involved in the kink play, so it’s not just getting sent or sending *** to someone. there is a lot of nuance and psychology around the kink, but it can be extremely fun for both parties if done right.