How to tell the Difference between REAL and FAKE accounts

Yu****

Posted
13 hours ago, gemini_man said:

And what exactly would that achieve? In fact having such a system in place would probably lead to a whole heap of false accusations for various reasons, and not all of them done from a good place, and just muddy the waters further.
I get a "Thanks for pointing us at XXXXXX" notification whenever I report anyone, and that's enough to acknowledge my report, and to be honest I don't need or expect that even.

I was joking, last thing I want to be is a cop!

Posted
One of the most recent events I have is letting people know I request a video call. A lot of people will terminate the conversation and start blocking right away. They prefer to just text and ask for ***. I had one recently claim they was a slave and was looking for a master but they refused to do a simple video call. When they asked why that was important and that I just needed to trust them, my reply was no, I don’t. Unfortunately I’ve been on several of these sites long enough to know better. Anyone can use a collage of pictures they pull from the internet. To some it might not be their go to or their way of finding out but for me it works every time.
Posted
2 hours ago, Master1Dog said:
One of the most recent events I have is letting people know I request a video call. A lot of people will terminate the conversation and start blocking right away. They prefer to just text and ask for ***. I had one recently claim they was a slave and was looking for a master but they refused to do a simple video call. When they asked why that was important and that I just needed to trust them, my reply was no, I don’t. Unfortunately I’ve been on several of these sites long enough to know better. Anyone can use a collage of pictures they pull from the internet. To some it might not be their go to or their way of finding out but for me it works every time.

I would be one of those who stopped talking to you if you pulled that on me. It would show me you either didn't read my bio, or don't care about my boundaries.

Posted
3 hours ago, Master1Dog said:

That’s not the foolproof approach you think it is, buddy. It’s also not respectful of the recipient’s boundaries. I think you’re weeding yourself out with this one.

Posted
It’s not full proof I admit. And the thing is I do read profiles. More thorough then most. It’s when they read my profile and either send a spank, like or want to chat and instantly try to get me to go to an outside messenger service that I ask of this. I don’t think everyone is fake. Dont get me wrong or get the wrong impression. However, I have been through enough of these sites to also know that all pictures can not be trusted. If a picture can’t be trusted, I ask for better confirmation for myself so not to waste my time talking to some guy on the other end trying to get *** to supply his PlayStation habit or wanting to order out tonight. Just saying. But your right, nothing is ever fool proof and I probably do weed myself out a lot more then what’s necessary and honestly I’m okay with that. It takes a special and unique person to like me or be with me anyways.
Posted
1 hour ago, locketheart said:

I would be one of those who stopped talking to you if you pulled that on me. It would show me you either didn't read my bio, or don't care about my boundaries.

I read everyone’s profile that send me a dm. I ask for a video call not because I want to see anything inappropriate. More times then none, I just rather talk to people and have eye contact or I’m just tired of texting.

Posted
33 minutes ago, Master1Dog said:
It’s not full proof I admit. And the thing is I do read profiles. More thorough then most. It’s when they read my profile and either send a spank, like or want to chat and instantly try to get me to go to an outside messenger service that I ask of this. I don’t think everyone is fake. Dont get me wrong or get the wrong impression. However, I have been through enough of these sites to also know that all pictures can not be trusted. If a picture can’t be trusted, I ask for better confirmation for myself so not to waste my time talking to some guy on the other end trying to get *** to supply his PlayStation habit or wanting to order out tonight. Just saying. But your right, nothing is ever fool proof and I probably do weed myself out a lot more then what’s necessary and honestly I’m okay with that. It takes a special and unique person to like me or be with me anyways.

You literally called us all “crack whores”, my dude.

Posted

I think when someone tries to drag you very quickly off site it is a big sign they are fake and that's enough in itself

Posted
2 hours ago, DuchessFeuille said:

You literally called us all “crack whores”, my dude.

Yep. I said that in my profile. Towards the 95% of people I have talked to on this site who are all live at home models, staying with an elderly grandma or aunt or needs *** for a dying pet or sick child. This always comes within a few minutes of talking to them. So yes, also said I was leaving this site due to this issue.

Posted
On 11/10/2022 at 9:17 AM, Veda02 said:

So I guess it feels good to know that I’m not the only one dealing with this shit. I will admit that I am a little naive so I have a question. Why would someone try baiting me telling me that they want to be a sugar daddy? I don’t respond but I keep getting the same exact sentence from different users about that. There must be something that I’m not understanding here. How does a scammer benefit from offering me $? What if I were the hand out taking kind of gal? Where are they going with that scheme? Just curious.

They will have you swap apps. Then they will give you scans of a "check" to deposit in your account, but wait! There's an emergency somewhere for someone, send that person a chunk of that check immediately! Don't worry, the check will clear! You can trust them!
IF you are dumb enough to send them any $, when the check bounces, you are f**ked.

Posted
8 hours ago, Master1Dog said:

Yep. I said that in my profile. Towards the 95% of people I have talked to on this site who are all live at home models, staying with an elderly grandma or aunt or needs *** for a dying pet or sick child. This always comes within a few minutes of talking to them. So yes, also said I was leaving this site due to this issue.

Geee...
I wonder why no one is interested in you except scammers...

Your attitude sucks, and you don't care about boundaries.

Posted
37 minutes ago, locketheart said:

They will have you swap apps. Then they will give you scans of a "check" to deposit in your account, but wait! There's an emergency somewhere for someone, send that person a chunk of that check immediately! Don't worry, the check will clear! You can trust them!
IF you are dumb enough to send them any $, when the check bounces, you are f**ked.

yep - they will have some form of fake pending payment they can cancel, recall, or doesn't exist in the first place.

Posted

a variation on the cash sugar daddy scam is that, of course, can't be too careful these days - before they send *however much* they need you to verify you are real - and will ask you to do something oddly specific usually to unlock verification elsewhere

Posted
5 hours ago, locketheart said:

Geee...
I wonder why no one is interested in you except scammers...

Your attitude sucks, and you don't care about boundaries.

That’s not what my profile was the whole time. Your easy to judge and criticize without knowing the whole experience.

Posted
If you see Instagram in the description thats a pass too.
(Thats where they have their onlyfans link)
Posted
Sunday at 11:03 AM, Master1Dog said:

That’s not what my profile was the whole time. Your easy to judge and criticize without knowing the whole experience.

Sorry, you generalized all women here as crack where's and get upset at being called out and judged?
What a peach you are!

Posted
14 hours ago, adamB13 said:

If you see Instagram in the description thats a pass too.
(Thats where they have their onlyfans link)

just as a small note.  Instagram links are not permitted on profiles - so - if you do happen to see someone with one you can hit Report>Contact Information in Profile

Posted
9 minutes ago, FETMOD-KF said:

just as a small note.  Instagram links are not permitted on profiles - so - if you do happen to see someone with one you can hit Report>Contact Information in Profile

Whit pleasure.

Posted

I think it's interesting that there are things men might do that we'd shrug shoulders at, but that if a woman did it, it would set flags.

For example asking the other person to prove their real, trying to take off site, having links to snapchat, instagram, etc.  And while some might be kinda valid, it's also important not to hold to differing standards.

There's a lot of men whose 'tasks' for the other person can 'prove' they are real is very much the sort of stuff if a woman asked them the same it'd be a concern.

To be honest - there is a general vibe about folk.  If someone is seeming too good to be true, they probably are - and while there are always exceptions, a lot is just common sense really.   The other day I got a message from someone local who was very forward very quickly about wanting to meet, it was obviously a case of.... it doesn't give me much time to really do due diligence given they wanted to meet *that night* but then also I'd have relatively little interest in someone who wanted to rush so fast.  

Posted
27 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think it's interesting that there are things men might do that we'd shrug shoulders at, but that if a woman did it, it would set flags.

For example asking the other person to prove their real, trying to take off site, having links to snapchat, instagram, etc.  And while some might be kinda valid, it's also important not to hold to differing standards.

There's a lot of men whose 'tasks' for the other person can 'prove' they are real is very much the sort of stuff if a woman asked them the same it'd be a concern.

To be honest - there is a general vibe about folk.  If someone is seeming too good to be true, they probably are - and while there are always exceptions, a lot is just common sense really.   The other day I got a message from someone local who was very forward very quickly about wanting to meet, it was obviously a case of.... it doesn't give me much time to really do due diligence given they wanted to meet *that night* but then also I'd have relatively little interest in someone who wanted to rush so fast.  

Someone who is that forward and wants to meet *that night* would be a no go for a LOT of women too.

Posted
34 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think what should also be taken into account are the individuals involved and the measures that they take to protect themselves/vet. There are a number of examples here that people have suggested which would cause me to be considered a 'fake'.
PS: happy birthday for this week

Posted
3 hours ago, CopperKnob said:

I think what should also be taken into account are the individuals involved and the measures that they take to protect themselves/vet. There are a number of examples here that people have suggested which would cause me to be considered a 'fake'.
PS: happy birthday for this week

thank you :)

yeah, there was a lady on here who - it's a shame she doesn't stop by more often because her kinda frustrations were that, for example, men would contact her then demand she prove she was real (err, you called me?) and of course there was at the time the old "oh, it's hard for men as women never contact us first" and, well, she did - she thought a kinda, ok, if there is someone I like I will make a move.  And, yep, they'd then treat her like a fake. 
The guys who blew their own chances.
Not that I'm saying this doesn't happen with other women and doesn't still happen - but it was something which was valued insight 
I think men expect women to jump through hoops to show they're "real" but wouldn't really do the same courtesy.  

• 1 year later...
Posted
The biggest red flag and I hear this from several people across many different platforms is when they ask if you can talk to them on a different service like telegram for example.. just google 'wire fraud' or 'how to spot a scam artist"
Angel_Seven
Posted

As many people said, there's no real way to tell if an account is fake until you meet the person behind the screen. That being said, look for things like a fully fleshed-out profile, posts on forums and chatrooms, pictures that match up and aren't obviously photoshopped, and honest-looking status updates. 

Posted
I give zero chance for profile without photo of the face