Age is just a number?

Th****
Posted (edited)

There's a huge difference between age gaps where everyone is over the age of 25-30 and  those where one partner is under 25-30.

Specifics are important. There are much higher chances of issues with power imbalance with pairings of one partner being 25 or younger and the other 30 or over. Even the gap between 18 and 24+ can potentially be an issue. It's very important for the older partner to be mindful of this and conduct themselves accordingly. 

A gap from age 30 to 45 isn't really anything to blink at unless things started when the younger partner was much younger. 

I'm not at all surprised yet continue to be disappointed by the number of ⚠️ and 🚩 I see throughout this thread. How people don't see that "legal" being their only or nearly only qualifier is a huge problem is truly baffling to me.

Another point is that there doesn't have to be intent in order to cause harm. This is why being aware and mindful of the potential problems in situations of power imbalances is important. Age gaps within certain age ranges and an experienced person with a newbie/inexperienced person are only 2 examples. 

Edited by ThaliaV
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
My husband is 5 years younger than me. It's not what I was expecting, but he is a wonderful lover and person. We got to where we are because we were BOTH willing to step outside the box.
Posted
I’m not keen on age gaps tbh, don’t mind a couple of years either side, but if you’re closer to my eldest child’s age or my parents age than you are mine, that’s a heavy no.
Posted
Half age plus 7 is usually the general consensus for it to not be creepy. But you shouldn't really let outsiders influence your relationship so long as everything os legal.
Posted
My friends just got married. Been together for almost 3yrs now. He's mid 40s she's 33. There's a definitely a line, like don't date someone fresh outta highschool lol. But past a certain age(25ish) it doesn't really matter. Compatibility and happiness should be the only factors.
Posted
My (sad) experience: a couple of months ago I met a girl, we had an amazing time (more than 4 hrs no stop); at the end of the games, she showed me her enthusiasm and asked me to remind her my age and, immediately after I answered her, she said : “We can’t meet anymore” (😳). Obviously, I replied her saying that I would have respected her will and, leaving her place I gave her my thanks, I kissed her forehead (with her permission) and I said: “I respect you and your choice but, please, tomorrow remember this words: what you are, I’m been… what I am, you will be.
Enjoy your life and don’t be greedy with yourself”. She hugged me and I left her home, without any regrets: I enjoyed every single second with her.
Posted
If they are legal then you can date them, don't let other peoples bs hold you up on being happy. For me i have nothing in common with most people over 30. So why should i settle for someone i have little to nothing in common with just because they are "age appropriate".
Posted

Everyone has their own opinions and I respect each and every one!! I was 56 and a young lady.. 25.. reached out to me on this site. We text back and forth, we spokr on the phone, and she asked me if she could come visit me from over 400 miles away.
I told her if that's what she wanted to do, I was into her and she was into me, being her fine a** on. Next thing I know she's in my state about an hour away, and then boom in my arms.... the attraction was greater in person than it was via internet or phone....
We spent an awesome weekend together, not just sex, and she ended up coming back 2 more times.
So age is definitely just a number as long as both parties are legal off age and consenting.... being young doesn't make you immature nor does older make you more mature!!!!

Posted
***s are too young for me, no exceptions. Twenties could work, by the time you’re in your thirties you should no what you’re about and if that’s older people fine. If not, that’s fine too.
Posted
As long as they’re not geriatric at any rate, unless that’s just your style, or under 18, there’s never anything wrong with it. Heck, I just got turned down by a guy who was only 11 years older than me.
Posted
Heyy yall. As long as you’re over 18, I’m cool with it. But, I’ve always been into older women myself
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Im 57m shes 19tsf. Met after her 18th birthday and have been together since. We've been living together for the last year. She can't get enough and couldn't be haopier. I have cancer and before I met her I wanted to die. I feel like a new man and not at all sick. She went out of her way to meet me so no hate. We love each other and have a healthy relationship.
Posted
I totally agree. I wouldn't tell someone they are too young for me, though there may be times when I feel too old for her.
Posted
I prefer younger woman as long as they are old enough to be leagle how cares
Posted
Old hoez do it the best
Posted
I feel like if they are an adult it’s ok, obviously underage isn’t even an option
Posted
i can't speak for everyone.

for mysf, age was never a thing. but these days i find it hard to separate young guys from lots of issues. interestingly, i seldom have tat problem wif ladies.

minimally you've gotta b able to show me tat you're mature enuf (apart from yr attractions) n not jus act n pretend tat you're like one.

but i do understand there r specific others who wou only go for men of certain age, status, maturity (u can think of it like preferences which r somewhat like fetish but likely not tat extreme, while others only for kinks)
Posted
Truly believe this! I was 30 and had an 18 year old.
Posted
My first love was a lot y younger than me, still remember the romance of it want to feel it again and see if I've gotten better lol
Posted
I believe it is just a number, but not always. There are times when views/values/maturity levels are very different and can't justify a relationship forming. I like women my age and older. Haven't been with an older woman yet *sigh*, but hopeful.
Posted
Age is not just a number if your 18 it’s legal but that doesn’t mean it’s right
Posted
For me, Maturity level is more important than age as long as that age is legal. I know several older women who i wouldnt date because of how childish they are, on the other side of things i know a number of younger women that are better at communicating, more responsible, and generally more emotionally and intellectualy mature than most of their peers. All that said, its more important that everyone involved in the relationship is comfortable with the relationship and thats really the most important thing.
Posted
Age is a number. Your brain isn’t fully developed until you’re 25 generally. So that matters. You’re not legally an adult until you’re 18. So that number matters. But for the most part, maturity is what matters. Some people who are 50 are awfully I mature, while there are those that are 24 that are very mature.