Respect is given and earned

Gr****

Cu****
Posted
It’s given by taking a chance. You agree something and then give the other person the chance to betray. It’s maintained through conversation and honesty. If it’s lost it’s gone and getting it back is extremely difficult. In anything dom sub that’s likely the end of the relationship.
WA****
Posted
I'll just say what my dad told me. Respect is earned not given along with trust.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
It takes two to tango. Both have to be resilient to find a resolution. And not quit til they do.
Posted
It really depends on the person's previous experiences. Personally, I don't trust from the start, especially in d/s relations. You earn it by communicating clearly and openly and being genuinely interested in what I do and what I like, and I return the favour. The minute the communication changes for worse, I get suspicious and lose interest in order to prevent getting hurt. My perspective is from a submissive point of view.
  • 1 month later...
Posted
Respect is not trust I believe ya'll are confusing the two. Respect should given to certain level because we are human beings. I hear "He's got to earn my Respect first" In certain jobs that have skilled craftsman I could see that person before allowed harder jobs earn it by doing less demanding jobs. That being said, as a human beings he should be given respect till he loses it, then that person is a walking piece of shit!