What do you know about alpha-sub's?

Posted
Not quite what i meant...i meant it comes off as too serious...and the labels, fml its like being back in the corps and trying to remember all the damn acronyms, and then a bunch of people trying to restrict you to a type. Seems to take away from the freeing experiece you should get when you refuse societal norms.
Posted
9 hours ago, Lifes2short4nos said:

Not quite what i meant...i meant it comes off as too serious...

this is an educational forum; it's how it passes the app store.

it's meant for knowledge share

its like being back in the corps and trying to remember all the damn acronyms

there are a lot; but that's kink

and then, ironically - a lot of kink structures and ideas comes from a military background

then a bunch of people trying to restrict you to a type

yeah; that can suck when it comes over that way at times.   But I think... part the path to getting what you want comes from knowing what that even is and what you offer.  And personal wants can be changes, a lot with kink is open options 

Seems to take away from the freeing experiece you should get when you refuse societal norms

Escaping societal norms is one of the many things that makes some elements of kink popular; and it can be freeing - but there's still rules and structures.  The structures, mind, are again often outside of societal norms; like the whole concept of an alpha submissive - not applicable to anyone in most kink or D/s dynamics.

But can be applicable in some household structures - or where there is one Dominant with multiple subs.   The household structure is one that is a little bit lost now kink is a little bit more accepted/mainstream (a combination of both interlocked relationships and a means of safety) but was more popular 60s-80s.  

But then the freedom still exists that you no longer have to enter that structure to find kink.  

Posted
Second in command can be very much attractive and extremely useful
Posted
I had a very different understanding of alpha sub label. I was very surprised when started this journey of use of labels in a community I wanted to be more free in. I was labelled as a brat ( a term I do not like , for me) . Also an alpha sub, this due to my independence/ career female in day to day life, then switching to submissive in this life .
  • 1 month later...
Sui-Generis
Posted (edited)

Alpha sub, in my opinion, has different meanings to different people.  In my opinion it is along the lines of the post by Msfergz.  For me the term alpha sub is usually a submissive who in their career is a high achiever, performer such as a director or professional such as a solicitor.  These submissives who have control during their work life seek to give their submission during their private lives to perhaps alleviate the stress or be able to be theirselves in private.  Just because we submit behind closed doors doesn’t mean we can’t be high functioning, intelligent, powerful leaders in public.  

I have also heard the term used  as the original poster stated, as a type of ‘chief’ submissive but to me that is being the Dom ‘s primary or main submissive.  I personally, as a submissive would not be able to order, instruct, discipline anyone outside of my vanilla work world, as it is not within my nature.  Sure, I can work alongside, mentor at best a secondary submissive but I would never want nor expect my Dom to delegate his responsibilities onto me.  A submissive submits to her Dom, not the Dom’s submissive.

Edited by Sui-Generis
Spelling
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Sui-Generis said:

I have also heard the term used  as the original poster stated, as a type of ‘chief’ submissive

That’s the traditional use of the term. 

47 minutes ago, Sui-Generis said:

submissive who in their career is a high achiever, performer such as a director or professional such as a solicitor.

This is the more modern use of it and it can relate to anyone, not just their role but it can relate to their persona. 

Edited by 4RCH
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
August 5, Sui-Generis said:

Alpha sub, in my opinion, has different meanings to different people.  In my opinion it is along the lines of the post by Msfergz.  For me the term alpha sub is usually a submissive who in their career is a high achiever, performer such as a director or professional such as a solicitor.  These submissives who have control during their work life seek to give their submission during their private lives to perhaps alleviate the stress or be able to be theirselves in private.  Just because we submit behind closed doors doesn’t mean we can’t be high functioning, intelligent, powerful leaders in public.  

I have also heard the term used  as the original poster stated, as a type of ‘chief’ submissive but to me that is being the Dom ‘s primary or main submissive.  I personally, as a submissive would not be able to order, instruct, discipline anyone outside of my vanilla work world, as it is not within my nature.  Sure, I can work alongside, mentor at best a secondary submissive but I would never want nor expect my Dom to delegate his responsibilities onto me.  A submissive submits to her Dom, not the Dom’s submissive.

Everything has a hierarchy, including multiple slaves. A Master who owns multiple slaves has an obligation, as part of his responsibilities and duties, to designate a first girl, or alpha sub. The first girl ensures the Master’s rules are followed and household is in order by either doing the work herself or delegating the work to the other slaves. The first girl is also the one who receives punishment for any infractions. For instance, the Master wants to come home daily to a house where dinner is cooked and ready to be served, where the laundry has been done, the bed made, the furniture dusted and cleaned and the house tidied up. From the Master’s perspective he doesn’t, or shouldn’t, care who does what, just that it is all done when he comes home. As first girl it is the alpha sub’s job to take the Master’s list of daily chores and to divide them amongst the other slaves or slave. If something is not done, the Master punishes the first girl for her failure in adequately serving her Master. The first girl would then go on to punish the slave that was responsible for the incomplete task. Being a Master does not mean micromanaging every aspect or every slave’s daily life. It means leading your slaves, making them aware of what and how you want things done and then leaving it to them to accomplish the tasks. As a Master and Owner I don’t care who does what, I just expect it to be done. If it’s not done I’m not going to worry about figuring out who didn’t do their chores, the failure of one is the failure of all. I’ll punish the first girl, and leave it to her to punish the one who failed in their task because ultimately it’s the first girl who is responsible for ensuring everything is done. I don’t care who does what, I don’t care is slave 3 failed to empty the dryer. I care that my first girl failed to make sure everything was done in accordance with my wishes.

Posted
From my rather limited experience with alpha subs, most are submissive by own choice. Alphas are strong willed and have no qualms in showing their character to an inexperienced and/or disrespectful dom. Alphas usually have leading roles in their lives such as being mums, teachers, managers, etc. They will break any agreement pretty much unilaterally if feeling unhappy with the way they are being treated. They are not the sort of person likely to forgive easily. In fact, doms don't usually get second chances with an unhappy alpha. My 2p.
Posted
20 hours ago, TGLord_Dobermann said:

From my rather limited experience with alpha subs, most are submissive by own choice. Alphas are strong willed and have no qualms in showing their character to an inexperienced and/or disrespectful dom. Alphas usually have leading roles in their lives such as being mums, teachers, managers, etc. They will break any agreement pretty much unilaterally if feeling unhappy with the way they are being treated. They are not the sort of person likely to forgive easily. In fact, doms don't usually get second chances with an unhappy alpha. My 2p.

Alas that’s not what’s meant by Alpha sub in this thread. But I do understand what you’re talking about. 

Posted
6 hours ago, TGLord_Dobermann said:

@4RCHthen please ignore my post. All the best.

I was trying to find this….. which I think you might find interesting. It explains the difference and why there is some level of confusion.

Posted
I am definitely an Alpha Sub!!
Even at munches and events, people always assume I am actually a Top.
Noone in my "real life" would ever expect me to be a Submissive. (Especially a Babygirl)
I am very dominant in my professional life especially, being in medical.
I am well trained and very experienced, being in the lifestyle over 20 years...
Posted
Agree! Someone once told me that alpha subs are basically femdoms enjoying a break! Seriously though, to dom an alpha sub requires a good dosis of intelligence otherwise they'll beat him at his own game. Alpha subs can also be excellent carers, very protective, sweet and devoted. 😊
Posted
Hehehe you get it!😘🤭
It's tough at times. I have been single a long time looking for the right Daddy.
Has to be a very special kind of Daddy as you mentioned🤭💋😈
Posted
To earn the trust of an alpha is an honour and a privilege... and one heck of a responsibility. They're the Dobermanns of subs! Tough as nails! Treat them well and with respect and they'll stick to you through thick and thin and will let you do loads of crazy stuff because they will blindly trust you. Mistreat them and oh boy prepare to be the joke of the community. Truly amazing women they are! 😍😊
Posted
Thank you for your kind (and honest) words😏😈💋
Posted

You shouldn't mistreat anyone, regardless of if you think they're Alpha (in the misused definition, or the actual definition) or not.