Female Domme vs Mistress

Th****
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cucky45015 said:

I really don't understand any of this. I've asked how they wanted to be addressed. So I don't get why someone came at me like I'm some how doing something wrong. People get bent out of shape way to freaking easy

I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to me. I certainly didn't "come at you" either. 

There seems to be a bit of confusion here. In another thread the OP used "Mistresses" or "Mistress,"I forget which, in reference to Dom women in general, as in any and all. All I did was try to explain that the term doesn't apply to all Dom women and many will find it off putting when used in such a way. I was very matter of fact. 

Someone simply sharing information shouldn't be so upsetting and if you aren't clear or don't understand it's OK to ask for clarification. 

Edited by ThaliaV
Posted
1 hour ago, ThaliaV said:

I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to me. I certainly didn't "come at you" either. 

There seems to be a bit of confusion here. In another thread the OP used "Mistresses" or "Mistress,"I forget which, in reference to Dom women in general, as in any and all. All I did was try to explain that the term doesn't apply to all Dom women and many will find it off putting when used in such a way. I was very matter of fact. 

Someone simply sharing information shouldn't be so upsetting and if you aren't clear or don't understand it's OK to ask for clarification. 

Sorry apparently I took it wrong. I'm in a group on another sight Tittled Mistresses and subs. My vertigo has been kicking my butt past few days giving me mentally foggy issues and I'm off a good bit

De****
Posted
2 hours ago, ThaliaV said:

You were perfectly polite in the previous post Thalia. You explained that when it was in general terms, the word Domme is more appropriate than Mistress. You explained your reasons. It’s been echoed here by several others.

Posted
2 minutes ago, DenverKitten said:

You were perfectly polite in the previous post Thalia. You explained that when it was in general terms, the word Domme is more appropriate than Mistress. You explained your reasons. It’s been echoed here by several others.

Had nothing to do with this thread

Co****
Posted
9 hours ago, Jeneral_Whore said:

As I said

Not everyone likes to be called a mistress, especially by someone they don't know.

On this platform many men enter women's inboxes and throw the word mistress about. 

Even if they aren't even dominant. And anyone who is, and serious on this lifestyle knows its a red flag straight away. 

You may be courteous in public and say sir or ma'am at a restaurant or whatever, but online every word is read literally.

Anyone serious on the lifestyle will not push honorific on someone without a dynamic. And therefore, people shouldn't push the title onto a woman they're chatting to for the first time. 

Connection and consent is everything. 

So while ladies you've chatted to haven't minded the mistress title, it could be a huge no no for others. Especially if you don't know them. 

Anyway don't let anyone tell you what to address anyone else by. Learn this your self via communication and chat with someone you're getting to know and they'll tell you the preferred, once you're at that stage. 

Someone saying call me ' xyz ' right away, I'd personally avoid  

THIS whole comment completely nails it from my own perspective in many aspects.✔️✔️

Having clearly stated in my profile what I am not ie “YOUR Mistress” I am mildly irritated by messages that start with “Hi Mistress” these are more often than none immediately deleted.
It shows that person has not read my profile or shows little respect for what I have written. Not a good start .

Likewise messages that address me as Goddess… Goddess is not in my username or anywhere in my profile. I think it is amateurish approach by newbies in the scene/lifestyle.

And personally ONLY when a dynamic is created in chat or IRL do I allow the terms ma’am or mistress to be used as an address.

So as many have said above , the best approach is to address a dominant as their user name in the first instance and then ask them how they wish to be addressed.

Ar****
Posted
1 hour ago, Cucky45015 said:

Had nothing to do with this thread

It had/has everything to do with this thread. It is the very specific instance you mention in the first line of the post and asked for advice about.

In any case, I hope the vertigo eases up soon. Brain fog is no fun at all.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

It had/has everything to do with this thread. It is the very specific instance you mention in the first line of the post and asked for advice about.

In any case, I hope the vertigo eases up soon. Brain fog is no fun at all.

Lol you totally missed what I'm saying. The reason I posted this was from a completely different thread. So no the reason has nothing to do with this thread

Th****
Posted
2 hours ago, DenverKitten said:

Thank you. I wanted to clarify though as it seemed a lot of people in this thread were reading it as how to address an individual and not the speaking of Dominant women as a whole or generally. 

MistressMenaBell
Posted
On 5/28/2024 at 6:34 PM, gypsygirl1219 said:

Not al female Dominants are a scam, that’s literally profiling and unfair. I’m a switch and I’ve never scammed someone. I’ve never asked for any form of payment either but many do that are also not a scam. Please don’t use blanket statements. It is true that online platforms are riddled with fakes and dishonest people taking advantage but try not to single out one group because it happens across the board, trust me.

That is true it happens at across all boards and I am offended on myself and I've never asked for a payment it all depends on what kind of play they're into too let's say that there's one out there that wants to be humiliated to pay the goddess  different but you're right most time they are scams but please don't put all of us in that category