Wax play advice?

Na****

Posted
I buy the paraffin wax candles, to increase the heat effect I mix other candle types or crayon in. Cost effective and entertaining.
Posted
I'd say definitely don't use beeswax candles, used one with a sub before and that seemed to burn at a much hotter temperature than normal and left visible burns after the wax was peeled.
Posted
I was told to use ice cubes before the wax but I haven't tried it yet
Anyone have experience with that?
Posted
I’m thinking if you use a body butter or a massage par the oils from them would make clean up easier
Posted
Okay, so:

1. Place. For wax play I usually make a "play space" with stretch foil (floor and furniture).
2. Candles. Normal candles can be OK. It depends on the wax it's using (if you know, than I'd say it's OK). Soy is the safest. Then pure paraffin. Then it's mixes. Then beeswax candles. And the the hottest, in my experience, are the "birthday" ones.
2.5 It all depends on the melting temperature of the wax (different kinds melt in different temperature)and hight (the higher the longer time wax has to cool down while dropping).

3. Removal. You can do it on the baked skin, but also you can put some oil (baby oil/massage oils) before starting. It changes feeling a bit and also helps remove the wax (especially recommended for hair places/people).
Posted
Put some oil on the skin sounds like a bad idea for me, the oil will avoid the heat dissipation and you can end frying your skin.
The removal can be easy and pleasant using a knife to do like you do shaving, and after, some wet wipe to max removal
Posted
Hmm you have good points.
Posted
13 hours ago, monstrinho-cwb said:
Put some oil on the skin sounds like a bad idea for me, the oil will avoid the heat dissipation and you can end frying your skin.
The removal can be easy and pleasant using a knife to do like you do shaving, and after, some wet wipe to max removal

That's why I said it changes feeling.
Yet still helps to avoid shaving.

I haven't met or heard of anyone with fried skin from using oil, but don't forget that in general wax play is not safe. You can end up with burns.

Posted
Wax play is all about the distance between the candle and your body. First you have to find your distance when it is hurt enough to drive you crazy. Second, hair and wax don't go together. You have to get rid of one
Posted
I have yet to have a bad experience using a normal candle other than when one got too hot and the glass broke
Posted
There are different kinds of waxes. Color of the wax plays a factor as well as distance between candle and skin.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
You a massage candle... they are easy to use and don't leave any mess to clean up. Plus most only burn a few degrees warmer than your body temperature. So it is great for beginners
Posted
June 23, Muffins123 said:
If you’re willing to, shaving definitely makes clean up easier, but if not a hot shower and a rag usually does pretty well. I'd also recommend using lotion on the area (so long as it's not an actual burn). Just to help keep it from becoming irritated

The problem with a hot shower is the wax will cool down in the outlet pipe and may block it.

Posted
June 23, Dom_Incubus said:
I use regular candles, as I have always done since I started BDSM 20 years ago. These exclusive waxpkay candles burn at the same temperature as the common ones, I have already tested them on my skin and with 3 submissives. The temperature varies depending on the height at which the wax is poured, and in the case of special candles the result was the same. If anyone here has watched some reliable content, proving that the temperature of the special candle compared to the common one is different, please send it to me. Best regards.

I believe this is incorrect. If you read the science part in any candle making books, you will see that the ingredients used affect heat massively. Preference for safe wax play is either pure soy wax (lowest temp) or paraffin (e.g. Doc Johnson). Definitely no beeswax. I would strongly advise against using standard household candles. You don't know what's in them. The fragrances and colours may increase the temp. The type of wick used may contain bits of metal that can spark and burn you and increase the risk of your environment catching fire.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
Parking wax is your best bet. Easy to get and perfect for beginners, you can melt down crayons and add them to increase the heat. As for clean up. Hmmm I like using the edge of a blade and slowly peel it. Much as you would a potatoe, baby oil removes all residue