Physical attraction Important?

Be****

Posted
How Important is physical attraction to you? If you don't feel any attraction to the person, would you still be capable of indulging in play?
SeaDragon580
Posted
I feel like attraction is more important in personal relationships than for casual play. I used to host parties and would be active with several subs in an evening doing demos or whatever. Other doms and dommes at the parties would do the same. In the end it was just friends smacking each other around for fun lol.
Posted
I need to have some attraction. In any kind of play. I don’t need a damn they are hot but at least an awe they are cute or sweet or attractive personality.
Posted
I mean attraction house but there can always be something to me without attractive about anybody almost I mean there are exceptions but everybody's got something
Posted
And you might not even realize that until way later on because you can't recognize happiness or any good feeling sometimes and evolves over time in your mind
Posted
it really depends on your needs, what kind of sub deal you have and things like that, if you want to be tied up with cloths on, instead of naked because you dont want to get an urge then do that. kink is about getting what you need and how you need it. you dont need to have sex everytime.
Posted
For me, personally, I can't play with some one in not physically attracted to.
Posted
Well, it depends:

If I'm just doing casual pick-up play at a dungeon to Top someone for some kink for fun, I tend not to care about attraction. A body to beat is a body to beat.

If I'm having someone as a regular platonic play partner, then a little attraction is preferable but not required. Friends I Top frequently are still just friends.

If I intend on having a long-term committed romantic/sexual relationship, then yes, me being attracted to them is very important.
Posted
It’s about a 5 on my scale I could still play if super honry but it’s not as fun and not as romantic. I could still do the deed though. Just being honest.
GreyHog
Posted
Looks are very unimportant... obedience, honesty, good hygiene.
Posted
I'm not afraid to say I'm shallow. I have to have some kind of attraction but on the same note I'm demi sexual so people I'm completely platonic with I was not attracted to I fell hard for.
Posted
Attraction is usually necessary to open the door but A mental connections Is way more Important for me. If I’m not comfortable with The Person it’s not Happening. Also I like Sweet people and I like to be sweet so No matter how cute you are if your Treating other people with disrespect Or being rude I’m probably going to lose interest. 👍
Posted
The first thing we do is look through our eyes. But once I get to know people. Hot people can lose all my interest while other start getting it. At the end, mental connection is everything.
Posted
I wouldn't be able to, physical attraction plays a huge role in sexual attraction for me and I can't feel sexually attractive to someone if the latter isn't present. For me, it's akin to food, I have to like how it looks, it's presentation, any aromas, and whatnot before I dive in and give it a try
Posted
1 hour ago, Rockstone83 said:
The first thing we do is look through our eyes. But once I get to know people. Hot people can lose all my interest while other start getting it. At the end, mental connection is everything.

I agree, hotness gets you through the door, personality helps you stay

Posted
Mental connection amplifies everything but physically I need to be attracted for my gratification.And I’ve met some absolutely gorgeous people that were nothing but ugly on the inside and it did affect the way I viewed them.So at the end of the day in my case it all contributes.
Posted
Attraction, and indeed connection, to some degree is required - however that doesn't necessarily have to be physical, there are many traits other than physicality that makes someone attractive to me and if I find that through a mental connection, or simply the way someone behaves then that can, and has, superceded physical attraction.
Posted
4 hours ago, Rockstone83 said:

Completely agree with this. I’m very drawn to personality and intellect and without these a good looking person becomes unattractive to me. Similarly I’ve become very attracted to people who were physically not my type because they were wonderful people.

Posted
1 hour ago, gemini_man said:
Attraction, and indeed connection, to some degree is required - however that doesn't necessarily have to be physical, there are many traits other than physicality that makes someone attractive to me and if I find that through a mental connection, or simply the way someone behaves then that can, and has, superceded physical attraction.

Absolutely agree.

Posted
Personally, I have to have some initial physical attraction to a degree. If the person has an absolutely amazing personality about them, then I’ll fall for them more than their looks.
But we all have our preferences and some people I just know straight away that I couldn’t be attracted to them romantically.
kimutu72
Posted
for me there has to be some physical attraction, if someone messages me the first thing I do is check out their profile, if they have no face pics its never a problem Im happy to get to know them Im more a mental attraction if they can hold a conversation, are they looking for the same thing, how their first message started, do we bounce off each other if we manage to do all that not knowing what we look like facially then I will happily keep going. I also try and push my limits by going for someone who I wouldn normally be attracted to, but Ive been lucky so far
Posted
I know people who don't care what you look like they just want to like you.
I need it, I envy those who are truly sapiosexual only interested in a personality, but there are factors that disconnect me from being aroused, so then physical is necessary
Posted
It's a factor but not much of one. So much of this is psychological and it's much more critical to be with someone who's into the same activities and kinks, and more globally who "gets it" than someone who's "hot."

Though finding someone to whom you're physically attracted is certainly a nice bonus.
Posted
I need physical attraction, but I definitely find that someone can be initially incredibly hot but if they can't hold a conversation because they're so used to coasting on their looks they become unattractive and boring very quickly. Whereas I've had good chemistry with people I might not have been as attracted to at the start, but they hold my attention because of their personality which then makes them desirable. I figured out I'm becoming more demi sexual over time 😅 - C