Block screenshots

Posted
I’m really surprised there isn’t a function in place here to prevent screenshots being taken. Is it because people may need to screen shot to report problems in messages etc?

On other dating sites if you try to screen shot a profile it will prevent you from doing so and you’ll get flagged and warned.

I understand that the photos I put on here really pass out of my control once I hit publish but it would be nice if they couldn’t be screen shot and saved to people’s personal wank collections!

Has this feature ever been looked at?
Posted
I don’t know if you’ve used it, but there’s an app called Pure; that too is a kinky app and does not let you screenshot. There is also the option for any photo you send in a private chat once the person you sent it to has opened said photo:)
Posted
10 minutes ago, Domme_05 said:
I don’t know if you’ve used it, but there’s an app called Pure; that too is a kinky app and does not let you screenshot. There is also the option for any photo you send in a private chat once the person you sent it to has opened said photo:)

I don’t and I don’t send intimate photos in chats either, I just think it would be a sensible feature for them to add here

Posted
6 minutes ago, centralpark said:

I don’t and I don’t send intimate photos in chats either, I just think it would be a sensible feature for them to add here

That’s completely fair, apologies for assuming that’s why you were asking

Posted
2 minutes ago, Domme_05 said:

That’s completely fair, apologies for assuming that’s why you were asking

No apology necessary! A message recall or time limit would be very sensible for pictures as you say!

Posted
Interesting problem... I come at it from the other point of view and see it as a valuable tool. Being able to download a photo is the only way to "reverse search" the image to check whether the profile is using a stolen pic, which unfortunately many profiles on here are.
Posted
3 minutes ago, HatfieldMaster said:
Interesting problem... I come at it from the other point of view and see it as a valuable tool. Being able to download a photo is the only way to "reverse search" the image to check whether the profile is using a stolen pic, which unfortunately many profiles on here are.

Oh wow, never even thought of that!

Posted
Of course if the site were to verify the pics themselves I wouldn't need to do this, but thats another discussion entirely... Can see how it's annoying to those who wish to show pics without losing control of them though!
Posted
3 minutes ago, HatfieldMaster said:
Of course if the site were to verify the pics themselves I wouldn't need to do this, but thats another discussion entirely... Can see how it's annoying to those who wish to show pics without losing control of them though!

I take the view that anything you put online in any capacity is *** and I’m not tooooo worried about it but there again I work for myself so I can afford not to care so much. For some people if there pics got out it could be devastating

Posted
FYI there is a “Recall” for images facility already on this site.
Tap close to the left of one of your images and three vertical dots appear. Tap the dots and you have a short drop-down selection, of which “recall” is one. Tap on “recall” and the image is erased from the message. Hope this helps.
Posted
I can see how this could be a problem but realistically you're on a computer there is really no way to protect it. Even if there were no screen shots it could be shot with a second phone. This feature is also here for user protection as well. If someone behind harassing you you're going to want run screen shot it. Also there are tons of fake profiles that get blocked but they don't always get caught before they're messaging someone so it's also a way to do a photo search. You can also designate photos as private so you have to give someone permission before they can see them. Also this is also a website and not just an app so that might make a difference.
Posted

While some other dating sites prevent screen shots not all of them do. As someone else mentioned, you can recall photos sent in messages and if you have hesitation of setting certain photos to public on your profile there's the hidden gallery feature. 

I appreciate the ability to take screen shots as reports that are accompanied by a ss as well as a note are acted on noticeably faster. 

Posted
Not even all banking apps block screenshots. That really surprised me, but they gave me some logical reason. I'm too sleepy now to remember how it went, but it did make sense. And in the case of banking apps, evidence of harassment isn't likely to be the reason!
Posted
It would be bogus security for optics only. You can just take a picture with another phone. "Blocking" it would only put people in a false sense of security. This is all on the internet. You should never assume you have privacy on the internet. You don't. The only thing you have is a right to sue if somebody promises you privacy they have no power to protect.
Posted
It is too easy to get past screen shot blocking. Have another app record your screen, another device to take a picture. If it gets displayed on your screen it can be saved and there is nothing that can prevent it. You can get high tech and put a capture card between your phone and phone screen. You can even capture the network data and decrypt it. It all depends on the effort you want to put in.

I personally have used screen sharing to get screenshots to report scam accounts.
Posted
I personally have to screenshot my chats pretty often since sometimes all my messages don't send and then I find it the best way to make a screenshot and send it that way. I'd not be happy if you couldn't do that anymore
Posted

so the other sites you think block screenshots

they don't

Posted
As Eyem said, Even if the site had that facility, it’s still possible to screenshot with apps or hack system.
Best option is to not posting any pictures.
Posted
Telegram blocks screenshots and you can also makes them disappear 👍
Posted

you can make posts disappear on Telegram (and Whatsapp) but they're also both really easy to screenshot without alerting the other person.   Don't be fooled into false security.

The easiest way to do it is if the other person is running the desktop application

Which, funnily enough...

fetish dot com is NOT an app.  It is a website, which happens to have an app.   So anything you do on the 'app' has a web-based trail also.   So even if they implemented a block on taking screenshots in DM, the other person could simply log into the website and hit 'print screen' (or use their favourite screen capture software) 

Posted
On Telegram it actually shows in the message that you screen shot as well!
Posted

it's also one of the main reasons i won't have a facial pic up on my main viewable profile.  The good part of this site is they have a "Private Access" gallery that you can control who has or hasn't access.  I usually grant access to this after a series of discussions so each party are more sure of each other.   

Posted
5 hours ago, zAlex said:

On Telegram it actually shows in the message that you screen shot as well!

so, yes, if you swipe on your phone to screenshot it does put in a notification

But

I use Telegram web app.  If I hit print screen and screenshot telegram it does not alert the other person. It does not show in the message.

If someone wants to screenshot without your knowledge they can, they will. 

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

so, yes, if you swipe on your phone to screenshot it does put in a notification

But

I use Telegram web app.  If I hit print screen and screenshot telegram it does not alert the other person. It does not show in the message.

If someone wants to screenshot without your knowledge they can, they will. 

I only use the app via phone!