Shame? Uncertainty?

Posted
Does your dynamic ever feel like a dirty secret?

Do you prefer it to be secret?

Are you scared of what people think?

Does your partner(s) prefer it that way?

Are you ashamed of your needs?

Why?

What are some reasons that make these questions become more questionable. Sometimes there are negative outcomes with D/s dynamics. Sometimes it's can be a cultural affair or living situation.
Posted
Never do
Posted
Didn’t see there was more love this tho Kulty ❤️
enrfun
Posted
I’m here because I’m over my shame. Only my kids need not know. (They are 4 and 6!)
Jo****
Posted
I’m happy to have my dynamic that I have. It’s hard because we are long distance. But now in days, I don’t care what other people think I don’t have time for it. Don’t let anybody else try to get you down or make you hide anything be who you are
Re****
Posted
I don’t give a fuck what people think of me, however I am a Nurse i can’t afford my reputation to be tarnished as a Slutty Nurse! No one would ever take me seriously in my profession again, especially working with the extreme Elderly like I do! It has to be kept a secret for now!
Jo****
Posted
With my profession, it’s not going to be easy, but also my girlfriend’s profession won’t be easy. But I’m not going to hide something, especially I love that person. I may be more careful, but I’m not going to completely hide it.
Posted
A healthy D/S should never be something that is shameful. Shame is something that can break down a D/S because that space should be built on trust, communication, and most importantly consent. The outside would should not hold that type of a hold on the D/S. Understandable we have to interact with others who may not understand the lifestyle but their is no shame in keeping your activities in private.
Re****
Posted
I am Definitely Not Ashamed of being a Sub/Slave/slut but my profession would never understand and I Love my job, so right now I am Not willing to take the chance to see their reaction they would Never understand especially knowing that I have a Master and I am Owned! No, I Need my Job, I am NOT Independently wealthy, I Need to be working especially in this world we live in with the economy so bad!
P_****
Posted
I’d understand secrecy as a fetish, not really my thing. But genuine shame? Not at all. I hope everybody is comfortable with themselves.

At the same time, I think it’s important to be aware of over sharing. As much as I love something doesn’t mean others want to hear about it, it can make people uncomfortable. That’s true of anything I suppose.

I often find, if it does come up, some people are interested and ask questions. I’m happy to answer them. They asked! A lot of “vanilla” people are more keen than they let on.

When people say things like “what adults do behind closed doors is up to them…” I usually tell them I’m that adult. They’re talking about me. It’s funny when they’re confronted by it.
my****
Posted
I came out to my best friend of over 20 years as Dom, and she called me a piece of shit. Also that I was a liar because I hadn’t told her about it before that point. She is emotionally unstable, but it was about as bad as it could go. So I no longer tell anyone. When I have a submissive I introduce her to family and friends as my girlfriend. I do tend to flex my control over her once it’s done so she feels our bond, but while in public it’s an act, nothing more.

Ki****
Posted
10 minutes ago, mythicalman said:
I came out to my best friend of over 20 years as Dom, and she called me a piece of shit. Also that I was a liar because I hadn’t told her about it before that point. She is emotionally unstable, but it was about as bad as it could go. So I no longer tell anyone. When I have a submissive I introduce her to family and friends as my girlfriend. I do tend to flex my control over her once it’s done so she feels our bond, but while in public it’s an act, nothing more.

I’m so sorry that happened to you. That’s a shame that Friend did that to you. She must’ve not been a really good friend to come at you that way. I’m sorry you had to go through that and it affected you in any kind of negative way. I hope you heal from it.

my****
Posted
7 minutes ago, Kimber469ing said:

I’m so sorry that happened to you. That’s a shame that Friend did that to you. She must’ve not been a really good friend to come at you that way. I’m sorry you had to go through that and it affected you in any kind of negative way. I hope you heal from it.

I was fairly sure she would have hidden a body for me. Like I said she was emotionally unstable. I am already healed, but my skin is very thick, I just know I won’t be risking that ever again. Fortunately being out and proud isn’t something I have seen many submissive women requiring from their Doms.

MasterDarcy1979
Posted

I'm single and just out of a consideration phase that lasted a few months.

I'm an intensely private person, both in kink and vanilla. I wouldn't advertise my kinks, etc, but I wouldn't deny them, either.

As for feeling shame? Never.

People are entitled to their opinion but I'm entitled to lead whichever lifestyle I choose.

do****
Posted
Yesterday at 02:26 AM, Real5819 said:
I don’t give a fuck what people think of me, however I am a Nurse i can’t afford my reputation to be tarnished as a Slutty Nurse! No one would ever take me seriously in my profession again, especially working with the extreme Elderly like I do! It has to be kept a secret for now!

A salute to all my slutty nurses. The world needs you 👿