Are Long Term Relationships a Thing of The Past?

Se****

Posted
Flings in my book are better for this scene.
Posted
A cool ass gf to hangout with me and my guy and have a lot of sexy fun and drinks
Posted
Long term… I have no desire to sleep with randoms , just need to find one that matches my dynamic
Posted
5 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

that was from a study conducted by Morgan Stanley.

It's worth a deep dive.  There's a couple of elephants in the room get ignored in some of the articles but it is suggestion in general that more women are concentrating on putting career first which means that relationships are nice but not a priority and having children etc is being delayed.  

One ignored elephant in the room on that is that as a result, a man who wants to 'settle down and have a family' is not a match since right now she doesn't wish to start a family.

One thing touched on a little in some of the articles is there are some relationships/households where a woman is either the main earner, or a big earner, and so cannot afford time out due to maternity and then the increased costs of childcare following that.

And that perhaps another elephant ignored is that women being able to make their own income, progress their own careers, etc. means they're not financially dependent on a man (a big thing even in more recent years) so she doesn't have to find a partner for financial security.

Precisely. All are valid elephants, the last one though, women have found more independence, men not so much, which is why I think men often value or need/seek out relationships more. After all, without the unpaid labour of women, men find it harder to sustain their careers, have it a little easier to maintain a social life/leisure activities etc.

Posted
A long term relationship cos such a relationship is not just about the sex. That can be bought in!
Posted
Just be nice to have somebody who looks forward to seeing you after a day at work..
Posted
1 hour ago, CopperKnob said:

Precisely. All are valid elephants, the last one though, women have found more independence, men not so much, which is why I think men often value or need/seek out relationships more. After all, without the unpaid labour of women, men find it harder to sustain their careers, have it a little easier to maintain a social life/leisure activities etc.

so when I saw you cite the stat I went googling (not because I didn't believe you, but because I wanted to read more) and, there was a clickbait / paywalled article from Medium which cited the study and their headline was something like "Single men are lonely, single women are empowered"

and there's a bit in that I thought wasn't entirely fair which does tie in with what you've said - I'll circle back to it

but I thought, yes, I can get that - because of course no expectations of family, having to work around a partners schedule (that even in any form of shared housework arrangement, you still have to cook and clean around another person) a little bit more financial freedom so on.  This is something that should be true of men and women - but then there's guys who get lonely (valid!) because they don't know what to do without a partner as they've not learned to entertain themselves or have ambitions that don't resolve around having a specific type of relationship - and, sometimes, men maybe do rely on unpaid labour more than they'd admit, or some of the financial inequality.

Posted
I prefer more of a friendship based long term situationship. Cause I do not feel the need to be attached to anyone 24/7. Or the need to check in on everything I do.
Posted
Long term bc I just want a connection and sex w the same person forever
Posted
I literally have on my profile how I value the "old school ways"
Posted
I think young women think it's cool to be independent now. All so most girls these are not marriage t
Posted
6 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

so when I saw you cite the stat I went googling (not because I didn't believe you, but because I wanted to read more) and, there was a clickbait / paywalled article from Medium which cited the study and their headline was something like "Single men are lonely, single women are empowered"

and there's a bit in that I thought wasn't entirely fair which does tie in with what you've said - I'll circle back to it

but I thought, yes, I can get that - because of course no expectations of family, having to work around a partners schedule (that even in any form of shared housework arrangement, you still have to cook and clean around another person) a little bit more financial freedom so on.  This is something that should be true of men and women - but then there's guys who get lonely (valid!) because they don't know what to do without a partner as they've not learned to entertain themselves or have ambitions that don't resolve around having a specific type of relationship - and, sometimes, men maybe do rely on unpaid labour more than they'd admit, or some of the financial inequality.

Yeah and I think that a comment below yours possibly validates this line of thought. It doesn't look like it's a finished statement which is a shame but the start is, essentially, women think it's cool to be independent. I mean, if being independent means not remaining in abusive or poor relationships, not having to 'make do' what's uncool about it?
I'd like to know where their final sentence was going,..when they start with " so most girls these are not marriage..." I suspect it's deflection.

Posted
Was interrupted. Most of the girls have meet have not bin up to my standers. No one should live in *** or a poor relationship man or woman. My opinion is that both should work both should clean both should put their significant other first. Both should submit and give ur partner the best of you. If ones is 100% in and the otheris 90% cause they're independent were does that leave u? Thinking u don't need them? You don't need a partner to survive this life. Just makes life a lot easier when someone stays with cause they they appreciate the sacrifices both have given. Ltr all the I can buy any thing else.
Posted
33 minutes ago, zero541 said:
Was interrupted. Most of the girls have meet have not bin up to my standers. No one should live in *** or a poor relationship man or woman. My opinion is that both should work both should clean both should put their significant other first. Both should submit and give ur partner the best of you. If ones is 100% in and the otheris 90% cause they're independent were does that leave u? Thinking u don't need them? You don't need a partner to survive this life. Just makes life a lot easier when someone stays with cause they they appreciate the sacrifices both have given. Ltr all the I can buy any thing else.

And yet, no one is able to give 100% all the time. It's an equal partnership. When one is unable, the other steps up and vice versa

Posted
I would want a fulfilling longterm relationship. I definitely think this lifestyle is better when you get to know each other really well. But it does seem less likely today
Posted

Id love a long term relationship with the same woman that likes to f**k same waY I do

Posted
I think long term relationships are still a thing, but its already so hard to find someone to connect with properly, so having matching kinks ontop of that and a play style that works well is alot harder. There's alot that I'd be fine with for a playmate, but not a relationship.
Posted
I was married for 20 yrs. So short term only these days
Posted
Relationship with someone who completely gets me
Posted
I need a fulfilling long term, screw anything less. What better than a sub that gets me completely and I her and we share everything, not just scenes.
Posted
For sure long term . In order for me to open up in a way to have a full experience I would need that comfort , care, and love . I couldn’t have a Dom/Sub relationship any other way
Posted
Long term it might take while but I’m willing to take the chance
Posted
Things need to be kept exciting. Id make the effort to be desirable long term, but it also has to come naturally.
Posted
I kind of having the same issues. I want a vanilla/BDSM long relationship. Most sub are just to fullfil their fantasies and get out. It's not easy find THE right person