Are Long Term Relationships a Thing of The Past?

Posted
That's a false equivalence. The expectations, experiences, responsibility, and overall relationship dynamics for a LTR are completely different than for a short intense fling. It's not a would you rather, it's a yes to both. It also depends a lot on the kinkster and the kink involved.

I prefer a long term relationship now because of the security, and comfort it provides. When I was younger I preferred the fling because I didn't want the responsibilities and attachments. I just wanted to nut.
Posted
I still belive in romance I myself am a romantic fulk of passion even in dominating rolls I'm still very passionate I can be rough but gentle at the same time idk how to explain it but it's a thing
Posted
5 hours ago, DarkJoker69 said:
I'd love to be in something long term again but lots of women nowadays seem to play around until they're bored and move on. I've always been looking for an emotional connection but until I find it I'm good with NSA

Ahh the joys of still being in the early days of exploring, yes by all means look and play and learn so the one you do finally have an emotional connection to is ready for you

Posted
For me dating never came everyone else has 2 3 partnwrz
Posted
It all depends on my relationship with the other said party and how she conducts herself and if I see a future with said party!!!! If bonding is right and I like her kinky sides and the vibes there, then I would chill and be happy with it!
Posted
Sunday at 04:06 AM, rs1979 said:
I absolutely hope not. I will keep my profile here as long as necessary. I know what kind of guy I'm looking for, and that took dating and experimenting and all of it. Now, since I would prefer to be monogamous (in my 40s), that makes me feel like an outlier in the world of kink. But not hopeless.

Its not hopless.

Posted
LTRs find you, the fun along the way is the road travelled until the next one arrives. Connection is key!
Posted
Looking for the long term. Call me a hopeless romantic. Except I still have hope that the long term relationship for me is out there.
Posted
Definitely Looking for long term
Posted
Friday at 12:39 AM, Jecture said:
Same

I prefer long-term, but I am happy there's more acceptance for more short-term dalliances. It might mean the opportunity for long-term is less frequent, but it's better than being unhappily trapped in something due to social conventions. And it's that much sweeter when the real thing comes along.

Romance in kink is definitely ideal for me, but romance has always been... romanticized. I haven't seen it any more commonly in vanilla relationships than kink ones.

Posted
Long term with kink to keep things spicy
Posted
3 hours ago, Jaydee-3512 said:
Serial monogamyst here. I'm just wired that way

Same. Seems to be rare these days.

Posted
Im a boomer for having morals i guess....
Posted
7 hours ago, Angelbaby865 said:

Same. Seems to be rare these days.

I'm not sure; that seems to be the default

and by definition - serial monogamy is NOT a long term relationship.  

Posted
I would pick a fulfilling long term relationship. For me flings are fun like when I’m dating a couple because there isn’t any relationship obligations or emotional obligations. I’m poly an I like connections, companionship, intimacy, stability. Finding out each other’s likes, engaging in shared interests. Figuring out each other’s expressions of love.
Posted
I think it's a lot less common for LTR to exist but not impossible. Right now, I am content with having fun and just seeing what is out there but if something more develops from that, I am not opposed to the idea either.
Posted
4 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I'm not sure; that seems to be the default

and by definition - serial monogamy is NOT a long term relationship.  

I do know the difference.

Posted
I prefer long term deals, but I also don't mean just monogamy.
Prime55
Posted

It is the connection of minds and hearts that is important. This generally takes some time to achieve. It has happened quickly in the past but typically does not last.

The hottest fire burns the fastest!

What do i seek?  The connection no matter how long it lasts.

Posted
I've often wondered the same. I want the kinky dirty wild rough sex but with ONE person for the rest of my life. I think with some dynamics and life styles you still get that but it for sure seems like it's dying out.