High Protocol

SR****

Posted
What do we all think are the most important elements of High Protocol? I sometimes get asked about it on here and I’m interested to know thoughts.
Posted
I love High Protocol and it's one of the main attractions of D/s to me as a submissive - I find a beauty in it, and it helps bring out my submissive mindset.
Whilst I enjoy the physical elements of BDSM, adding ritual and protocol to them just enhances the whole experience.
As for the most important elements, above all else is two people who are in agreement as to what High Protocol means to them - as it can vary from person to person, relationship to relationship.
For me personally having structures and agreed rules in place are of importance and as I said bring out my submissive side.
Things like not being able to speak, touch, move etc without permission, or having set positions to adopt, or ways of addressing a dominant are all key factors and part of what I consider high protocol, and things I find a comfort and beauty in.
Posted
3 hours ago, SRL88 said:

What do we all think are the most important elements of High Protocol?

communicating with your partner on how you define high protocol. 

Posted
Wow, I never really thought of High Protocol... But the idea is kind of thrilling and fun. You could even write it down and add a little ceremony.👀 Can someone give example rules for the high protocol?
Posted
6 minutes ago, Nani_bun said:

Can someone give example rules for the high protocol?

Some example could include.

Only ever referring to their Dominant by a title. At all times.  Even in public. (the title can be Ma'am, Sir in vanilla settings)

Restricting when a submissive can speak during events
A submissive may request permission to speak, or may only speak to their dominant
A submissive may only kneel before their dominant or take another agreed-upon stance
A submissive may not be able to turn their back on their dominant 
A submissive may ask their dominant for permission to use the toilet
A submissive may only walk two paces behind their dominant 
A dominant may restrict eye contact
A submissive may perform services for their dominant, such as bringing them meals or cleaning the home
A dominant may do a full inspection of their submissive upon meeting (clothing, perfume, standing or sitting position etc.)
A submissive may need to be highly presentable at all times
A dominant may eat before their submissive is allowed to - a dominant may even dictate what the submissive eats

A submissive may not be permitted to use furniture (in private, or in kink events) or when permitted, must certainly give it up for any Dominant

A dominant may dictate the submissives clothing, or lack of

and, like, some of this doesn't work for Dominants and some could be 'not that one' from subs.   I'm aware of a Mistress who was really bored at a High Protocol event as her subs had to sit away from her and weren't allowed to speak.  

Posted
1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Some example could include.

Only ever referring to their Dominant by a title. At all times.  Even in public. (the title can be Ma'am, Sir in vanilla settings)

Restricting when a submissive can speak during events
A submissive may request permission to speak, or may only speak to their dominant
A submissive may only kneel before their dominant or take another agreed-upon stance
A submissive may not be able to turn their back on their dominant 
A submissive may ask their dominant for permission to use the toilet
A submissive may only walk two paces behind their dominant 
A dominant may restrict eye contact
A submissive may perform services for their dominant, such as bringing them meals or cleaning the home
A dominant may do a full inspection of their submissive upon meeting (clothing, perfume, standing or sitting position etc.)
A submissive may need to be highly presentable at all times
A dominant may eat before their submissive is allowed to - a dominant may even dictate what the submissive eats

A submissive may not be permitted to use furniture (in private, or in kink events) or when permitted, must certainly give it up for any Dominant

A dominant may dictate the submissives clothing, or lack of

and, like, some of this doesn't work for Dominants and some could be 'not that one' from subs.   I'm aware of a Mistress who was really bored at a High Protocol event as her subs had to sit away from her and weren't allowed to speak.  

Oh my, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
MasterDarcy1979
Posted

High protocol is akin to a symbolic chain on the collar.

Once the protocol is activated, it's like a firm tug on the chain.

An example would be, a word or a gesture (public or private) by the Dom and the sub would instantly fall in line and act in a way or indulge in an act or manner that's been agreed on prior.