Long distance Aftercare

MistressSerena

MistressSerena
Posted

As per the title; I'm looking for some suggestions on aftercare for a sub who doesn't live nearby (at all). 

Obviously I check in on him to see how he is but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions on things I could say/do/ensure he has for the 'sub drop' he feels at times. 

Thanks in advance ❤️ 

Posted
Ok long distance aftercare… if you can be there to call, talk, show caring after is great. But not always possible. Feeling appreciated is one aspect and understanding how that translates to the person. Talking to that person and asking what they need and finding something that shows it to them. Aftercare is very individualistic, even if the principles are the same. It could be a message, a voice note. It could be taking an interest in their day. It could be making sure they are meeeting their real life non kink needs. It could be encouraging them to do things that are healthy for them. It could be a rule that they have to do something purely for their own enjoyment. It could be a simple gift. It could be something to make them laugh or smile. Reminding them of a happy thing. Telling them they made you very happy. Tell them you’re proud, find a way to make them feel proud. Create an aftercare “package” of things that they enjoy (take a bath with your favourite music or something that is significant to them). There are so many options.
Posted
most of the time taking care of a sub online is hard, they each have there own needs. you have to understand his needs and understand where hes at emotionally and mentally at all times and pick a balance place. if hes out of that balance that is when custom after care begins. if your play time was whips make sure he is taking care of the marks made with cream or ointments. make sure hes drinking water etc. each kink has after care that is face to face just make sure hes doing the after care to himself as you give him encouraging words or tell him how good he was etc( this is your domane here)
Posted
Another idea is being very clear from the beginning that you’re going to be there for them afterwards and maybe even previewing some of the plans you have for aftercare.

But I also hope you’re getting great aftercare as well. Excellent communication about planned aftercare will go miles! ❤️
TheRigger
Posted
When a sub experience a sub drop after play, it is usually is related to the withdraw symptoms relating to the naturally produced *** (like endorphins).
The best bet is to distract them from the drop by encouraging them to do something like take a bubble bath, get some pampering, maybe preorder a gift that will be delivered on the day they likely going to experience subdrop. Talk to them make them feel good about themselves, learn to get their head in a good place - I used NLP techniques.
MistressSerena
Posted

Thanks so much for the replies! I've been doing most of the things listed but have some great ideas to try too. Thanks all 😊 

Posted
I always have a quick little video call with them a day or two after our scene/play to check in with them and see what they liked/didn’t like, how they’re feeling, etc :)
Posted
I’m so sorry if I’m repeating anything already mentioned it only shows so much on the app. If they have a hard time expressing a submissive side. Anything showing that you except them and they sexulity is valid is a really good place to focus on. Depending on the way they are most comfortable communicating phone, text, or vid?