Sturdy Metal bed frame??

Posted
Does anyone know where I would purchase a metal bed frame that’s sturdy enough to hold a persons weight suspended? King size frame please.
FETMOD-TF
Posted

Please feel free to make recommendations but as always no external links thanks 

Posted
Bed frames by default are meant to hold a persons weight, but suspended I'm not sure. They're designed to hold that weight on the ground with the 4 legs or feet firmly on the ground. But strapping a person to it...

I suppose you could always mount the frame on supports that go under the legs like normal, but then suspending a person from the bottom still kinda strains it in ways it wasn't exactly built for...
Posted
Etsy is a good place to go for custom things like that
Posted
I have a couple of them lol
Posted
Anyone know where he can buy a bed frame made of steel that a person bonded to it couldn't get away even if they were trying really hard; preferably with metal thick enough he can arc weld a cage onto it. ... ... ... Asking for a friend.
SadoDaddy2024
Posted
I don't know if they will have something to suit what you're looking for, but I have a rein***d metal bed, from a company called rein***dbeds co uk - they make beds for the health & care industries & take standard bed designs & make them a lot stronger.
Posted
Thanks for all your comments but I guess in my mind it would be a canopy bed so I can hang thinks like a swing from it…
Posted
I have seen options on real rooms, and Home Depot. They weigh about 121 lbs and support 500lbs. Just wanted something a bit nicer. No cages lol
Posted
Dungeon beds - no personal experience or reviews. But I think this is like what you’re seeking
Posted
I have been thinking about the same things. When my kids were younger, I just put a massive eye hook into one of the rafters in my ceiling. And then we hung a sex swing there when we wanted to have sex. It wasn't over the bed, it was off to the side of the room where we could have fun. But over time they grew and we didn't want questions about why we had a huge eye hook in the ceiling in our bedroom. Since then and no longer with her and have begun dating littles and princesses and baby girls, etc. I'm really wanting to get into rope tying and perhaps suspension, and lots of other things. I have a condo that has limited room and I have come up with this plan. I'm going to open up a good size section of drywall from my ceiling. Probably about 1 and 1/2 ft by 6 ft. This would allow me to put a 2x6 in between those two center rafters towards the top not at the bottom. Because I also opened up to the rafter to the left and the right, I can use my nail gun to nail that board in from the side. That should theoretically hold tons and tons of weight. Now in that 2x6, and closer to either the left or right so it's closer to one of the rafters where it's even stronger, I'll put that huge eye hook in. The big ones hold up to about 2000 lb. Now I will close the ceiling back up and get one of those round plastic covers that are made for desks. You know the ones I'm talking about. There's a hole in the desk that allows wires to come up and if you want you can have the wires come up and if you're not going to have any wires come up you put the round plastic plug in and it covers the hole. Coincidentally, this would look like one of the covers for fire sprinklers and no one would even pay any attention. Now when I want to hook up the sex swing or if I want to try some suspension stuff, I simply pull the plug out and book a d-ring to it and go to town. As a thought and to help people who might not be so great with drywall. If you're careful when you cut the drywall, you can use the exact same piece when you put it back up. After all it has cut to the exact dimension because you took it out of that hole. If you don't get your cut directly in the center of that left and right rafter, it's not a big deal You can always nail a little 2x2 against the rafters and you've got something to nail that piece of drywall back up against. Then it's just a simple job too put some spackle to cover the cracks and sand it down and ***t. Anyway, sometimes we do extreme things too keep our private life private. If you're not interested in keeping it private, then just screw one of those huge hooks right into a rafter in your ceiling
Posted
Yes that’s the right way for sure, I’m just trying to cheat and essentially get the same thing. Right on man