Velcro restraints

Posted
Prefer over buckle . Only for ease of use and removal if need be . But is personal pref . Sub may desire a harder , locking at times so both on hand id say but is again my pref .
Posted

I test any restraint I use on myself before I use it on a sub.  I have yet to find a velcro restraint that I could not get out of.  If it is east to get out of , then what is the point of it.  Might be useful for self bondage, but even then...

Cheekysub247
Posted
Any restraint for me needs to be locked or at least the 'out function' out of reach. I will simply get out if I can, it needs to be real or it's just for show in my opinion. So velcro wouldn't be something I consider restraint x x
Posted
Velcro is good if the sub or yourself is new to it all.

Also good if new partners and just getting to know one another as it’s an easy way for whomever to get out of they get the feeling of OH and need out.

Whereas if ongoing and relations have been built alongside trust, Velcro would least for me not be useful in such unless apart of a foreplay where they do manage to release.
typhoon2
Posted
I have never found properly-applied velcro restraints to be escapable, and have used the same set for decades. I imagine the cheaper versions might be less effective but careful application - which should be a given with all restraints - ought not to present any issues if using decent kit.
Posted
I get the ankle and wrist velcro band with metal loop design for weight training and they’re quite good. They also sell the same design for thighs, a great size to use as a collar.

And as for their ease to disengage, it depends on the dynamic in place I guess. My sub knows better than to break the rules. I have the image of a “horse tied to a chair” (Google it) in mind…
Posted
Velcro is good for beginners or very quick removal if need be. I prefer the look of buckles myself.
Posted
I don’t like Velcro at all. It is flimsy and doesn’t stand up to… struggle well.
Posted
I don’t like it I can pull out of it and also it can really irritate my skin on my wrist and ankles
Posted
Omg so much better in the heat of the moment.
Shibari is fun in itself though, but the rigging is only fun if the partner enjoys it.
Posted
I love shibari, but I have four point Velcro straps that cross in a x under my bed, and I for sure CANNOT get out of them. Very comfy, and easy for my partners to get me out if needed. 🖤
Posted
Aesthetically it’s nowhere near as nice.

Functionally it’s almost always fine.

Hold her with your gaze and quickly clip her hands behind her back vs focusing on getting the knot correct so it stays tight but doesn’t damage a nerve, needing full concentration to get it right.

Plenty of people are very good with rope, but for new starters, it’s very hard to keep the intensity while trying to remember which way the loop goes while you thread the other bit through.
Posted
If it helps with the do they work part of the question, the police use Velcro restraints for quick efficient restraint techniques (that may also assist if you have certain kinks lol) not as pleasing on the eye as rope but less technical with all the lack of movement ;-)
going2graceland
Posted
Not as sexy, but they work!